BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brighton vs. ROVERS Match Thread

Amo

Brighton always have a lot of possession but most of the time they don't do anything with it. Buckley is the danger man and one of the best wingers in this league so we need to keep him quiet. They are dangerous down the flanks with Bruno, Bridge, Buckley and Lua Lua. They are weak in centre mid and up front.

They have a solid defence but struggle with pace so Campbell will cause them problems.

Tough match and a draw looks most likely.

Vincenti is also back. Bridcott not a bad player either.

Got the evening off for this one, so will be going.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another club with deluded fans recently promoted from the lower echelons. I remember that thread which they listed the biggest clubs in the Championship and generously put themselves near the top.

I'm not sure what the premises of being a big club is to Brightonians, probably who has the best looking players or the most fabulous kit.

Still, bigger club than us or not I think it will be a toughie and I reckon they will just nick it.

What tools them fans are. Turning their noses up at Rhodes!

Brighton, bigger club than big club!

They could not afford Rhodes. They have spent more on building their new ground and about to be built, training facilities in worthing.

I don't know what makes a big club. but they already have a waiting list for season tickets.

Sadly because of venkys, rovers have seats waiting to be filled !!!!!!

I have come across many football fan in the south that have been critical of rovers fans stance with regards to kean and venkys. Not Brighton fans I have spoken to. Having had dodgy owners themselves who put them in a worse plight than what rovers have been through - they fully understand Rovers fans stance to venkys.

Great preview, Amarillo! Would love more previews like these as there are lots of clubs in this league I know pretty much nothing about.

This a though one and a real 6-pointer in the chase for a chance at play-off. We should have won at home so let's hope the players will try to rectify Goodwillies idiocy this time around. Can easily see us losing this one, but never hurts to be positive. Gives us more of that good feeling, Rovers! :rover:

I was at the game that Brighton survived to stay in the football league. Hereford United got relegated even though they had a better goal difference as for some reason the football league had decided to base places on 'goals scored' that season.

Not sure it would be wise to start CKR on the wing away from home against a top half team. Not sure if he has the defensive nous or whether he'll even be up for the game or not. I'd consider sticking DJ in in his place or use DJ as an impact sub again if he requires more match practice but isn't quite ready to be starting. no idea on his fitness levels.

Just purchased my ticket in the away section for this game which is another bonus considering i was only expecting to see one more Rovers game (v Leeds at Ewood next week) before i head home but now have this and Arse to look forward to.

The only problem being is when i was up north for a couple weeks after Xmas i left my Rovers shirt and scarf at my firends as i didnt think i'd need them until i get back after travelling for the last month or so. That said do you think there'll be any Rovers merchandise on slae at the ground so i can at least buy something to show some colors?

I know my chances are probably stuff all and none but thought i'd ask anyway.

Just purchased my ticket in the away section for this game which is another bonus considering i was only expecting to see one more Rovers game (v Leeds at Ewood next week) before i head home but now have this and Arse to look forward to.

The only problem being is when i was up north for a couple weeks after Xmas i left my Rovers shirt and scarf at my firends as i didnt think i'd need them until i get back after travelling for the last month or so. That said do you think there'll be any Rovers merchandise on slae at the ground so i can at least buy something to show some colors?

Ask you firends to pass the stuff to someone who is going to the game.

Brighton always have a lot of possession but most of the time they don't do anything with it. Buckley is the danger man and one of the best wingers in this league so we need to keep him quiet. They are dangerous down the flanks with Bruno, Bridge, Buckley and Lua Lua. They are weak in centre mid and up front.

They have a solid defence but struggle with pace so Campbell will cause them problems.

Tough match and a draw looks most likely.

Would have thought then that with this in mind its play three up front and try stop them playing from the back which could be a critical success factor for this game.

As for the preview, excellent stuff from tOpman or whatever you're called.

No. But on occasions they have scaves with both team names on them. Not often though.

I bet they sell standard blue and white striped scarves in the Brighton shop as they share the same colours as us, always an option if you can't get your stuff in time.

Kean

Orr Hanley Dann Olsson

CKR Lowe Murphy MGP

Rhodes DJ

Haven't really seen Williamson play so not too sure over him over Lowe at present. MGP starts for me and on the left as Olsson MKII is just not for me in any capacity. I do want Olsson MKI to do what he made his name for and get in advance of the wide man and get forward, if we had a left back he'd play wide for me. The ball back to MGP for the cross is then on and MGP will cover for him. Campbell is busy gets about and appears to put a shift in on his showing on Saturday, he's also much more of a goal threat than CKR at this level, must start for me. CKR out wide with Orr under instruction to direct him as Orr did this on Saturday at times, hopefully he can track back when needed and Lowe to play on that side just incase as he'll cover better than Grandad. 3 on the bounce in the league would be very good for morale etc and more4 importantly for increasing the players faith and believe in Voldermort.

Appleton got his analysis spot on in the LT today. You can't pretty pass your way out of this league. Try it and you'll get rolled over. An exact summary of the first half of our season.

Looking forward to one-nilling our way into the play-off places.

Clean sheets, clean sheets; Appleton the laundry man!

When were those questions asked by the way? Hoq quite a few can say confidently that we won't make the play offs makes me think some of those answers were given before the weekend.

You would be correct in that assumption.

I bet they sell standard blue and white striped scarves in the Brighton shop as they share the same colours as us, always an option if you can't get your stuff in time.

They do. But all have the brighton crest / badge on.

Appleton got his analysis spot on in the LT today. You can't pretty pass your way out of this league. Try it and you'll get rolled over. An exact summary of the first half of our season.

Looking forward to one-nilling our way into the play-off places.

Clean sheets, clean sheets; Appleton the laundry man!

Norwich

Blackpool

Southampton

Reading

WBA

Swansea

As always in life there is more than one way to skin a cat and these teams passed there way to promotion. Appleton just so you know hasn't gotten a team out of this league in the direction we all want, to date. We will need to be able to pass the ball if we want to get where we want to go and stay there, knock it forward and play from there won't be enough.

Archived