BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Peterborough 15:00 Saturday March 2nd 2013

So it's all well and good as long as you apologize on twitter?, get to @#/? Orr, you are the most hated person at Ewood.

Actually, I suspect he's a bit far down the line. Agnew, Shebby and Shaw are three people at least ahead of him.

If we're talking about the squad only, then I think you're correct.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My twopenyworth.

Because I don't live in Blackburn these days and have to rely on friends for lifts to & from Ewood, this was only the third game I've attended this season.

The first half was, by a country mile, the worst display from a Rovers team that I ever remember seeing in almost 60 years of following the club. We were pedestrian; midfield was non-existent. I for one would wonder what the hell's going on at Ewood if the names of Orr, Murphy and Markus O ever appear on a Rovers' first team-sheet again. The half-time substitutions [i've not read every post-match post on here so don't know if there's an explantion of why the match report refers only to two substitutions] made a difference but that first-half display had left us with an absolute mountain to climb.

In many of my posts on here, I've said I'm a glass-half-full fan but I've always tried to be a realist. Which is why my preview of next weekend's game will be sub-headed "Concentrating on the Cup?" :glare:

Your preview is for the game the week after?

Although it will be good to get the cup match 'out of the way' before Burnley, it such a shame that the way we have 'performed' since Arsenal means I partly hoping we don't beat Millwall.

At least that'll mean we only have one focus left for the season.

Agree with all apart from Hanley being a stupid dick. I think he's got a cracking attitude, and has improved tenfold this season. He also reads the game well. He does need to improve his distribution though.

I wasn't commenting on his defending vf..... or his physical fitness. The former is adequate but he needs to sort his weight out for his own good. A lad of his age should however be looking to play at as high a level as possible and his 'stout' physique will undoubtedly work against him in that respect. His passing however is bloody awful and if he wants to catch the eye then he should be looking to reduce the aimless hoofs and stay tidy by mixing it up and playing the simple passes if they are on. To do that means that he will have to receive the same and maybe he is not confident of that. As it is his aimless lump forward is just one dimensional and will consign him to play a division or two lower than his defensive ability would otherwise.

Honestly, i think Murphy is getting a lot of undeserved stick here.

Orr made their left winger look like Cristiano Ronaldo.

Murphy was poor, and has been regularly, but few players would look good next to Lowe.

Peterborough got their tactics spot on, they had an extra man in midfield playing further upfield than Murphy and Lowe, nothing was done to address this at any point in the game until he was subbed.

Murphy is struggling because he's mid 30's and shouldnt be playing 90 mins twice a week every week at his age. That isnt his fault. He didnt play well, but in all honesty only Hanley really put in a 90 minute performance today.

Id be willing to bet a CM of Murphy and Jones would be far better than a CM of Lowe and Jones.

If it wasn't for Lowe our midfield would be totally over run every week. I can't believe the stick he gets on here - he is no Tugay - but lets not forget even Tugay passed to his imaginary friend, so even the best can mis-place a pass. Lowe is good at breaking up play - stick with his runner and adding some much needed drive to the midfield. His passing is limited - but if other members of the team tried to constantly pass and move (as he does) then this wouldn't be as obvious.

Ipswich would take Orr back. Murphy will probably be paid off like vuckevic.

How many swindles can we afford? They keep happening as imo certain individuals lurking in the shadows seek to grab as much of the parachute payments as naive owners will allow.

By the way did anyone think the ball was over the line for Rhodes chance? I didn't think so myself from where I was

From the BBurn end of the JW Upper I didn't think it was wholly over the line and the linesman was in a good position to judge.

btw can some technical anorak please fix this bloody quote facility? It's doing my head in.

Actually, I suspect he's a bit far down the line. Agnew, Shebby and Shaw are three people at least ahead of him.

If we're talking about the squad only, then I think you're correct.

Yeah, I meant on the pitch. Never had a dislike for a Rovers player like I have for Orr, he is poison.

If we can afford it I'd pay them off A.S.A.P. Too Many Spineless @#/?s At The Club.

Well we can't so thats that. As I said earlier career ending injury is our only option to wriggle out of this sting.

Fact is any owners with an ounce of football nous would have veto'ed and deal in the first place for those two on those wages. The Venkymob are in the words of the Rolling Stones 'star@#/?ers'. When they trapped up at first ageing superstars like Ronaldinho and Beckham were all they seemed to value. :wstu:

Anyone who attended tody who is unhappy at some of the players, manager or the result should remember who employs the players and manager and who employed the people who recommended them. I'm sure they are grateful for your support today.

Indeed so plastic head. I packed in giving financial support to the regime current last season. I'm going now simply cos I have a freebie ticket for the rest of the season. Pisses me off to see such amateurish dross both on and off the pitch. Standards and expectations of ALL management both on and off the pitch are back to the amateurish downtrodden standards that I grew up with.

As for Hanley - yep his distribution is poor but he's a fighter, get's stuck in and is more than adequate at this level.

Unfortunately Handley quite obviously shares your opinion.

I wasn't commenting on his defending vf..... or his physical fitness. The former is adequate but he needs to sort his weight out for his own good. A lad of his age should however be looking to play at as high a level as possible and his 'stout' physique will undoubtedly work against him in that respect. His passing however is bloody awful and if he wants to catch the eye then he should be looking to reduce the aimless hoofs and stay tidy by mixing it up and playing the simple passes if they are on. To do that means that he will have to receive the same and maybe he is not confident of that. As it is his aimless lump forward is just one dimensional and will consign him to play a division or two lower than his defensive ability would otherwise.

Fair enough, and I agree his passing must be better if he's going to make it in the premier league.

When coming through the academy he was considered our best prospect (better than Jones). At times you can see why, he is capable of dominating at the back.

BTW is it a coincidence the performances have dipped since Orr was recalled?

Honestly, i think Murphy is getting a lot of undeserved stick here.

Orr made their left winger look like Cristiano Ronaldo.

Murphy was poor, and has been regularly, but few players would look good next to Lowe.

Peterborough got their tactics spot on, they had an extra man in midfield playing further upfield than Murphy and Lowe, nothing was done to address this at any point in the game until he was subbed.

Murphy is struggling because he's mid 30's and shouldnt be playing 90 mins twice a week every week at his age. That isnt his fault. He didnt play well, but in all honesty only Hanley really put in a 90 minute performance today.

Id be willing to bet a CM of Murphy and Jones would be far better than a CM of Lowe and Jones.

Unbelievable defence of a talentless shirker. Does your seat face the pitch baz?

Fair enough, and I agree his passing must be better if he's going to make it in the premier league.

When coming through the academy he was considered our best prospect (better than Jones). At times you can see why, he is capable of dominating at the back.

BTW is it a coincidence the performances have dipped since Orr was recalled?

An oft quoted 'fact'. Do we know who said it? His Dad perhaps? To paraphrase Stan Ternent......... we have a mini and MU have a Ferrrari. Maybe I should have used a Transit van as a comparision.

Your preview is for the game the week after?

Although it will be good to get the cup match 'out of the way' before Burnley, it such a shame that the way we have 'performed' since Arsenal means I partly hoping we don't beat Millwall.

At least that'll mean we only have one focus left for the season.

What on earth would that be Stuart? :huh:

13,192? Really?

@#/?. No way. Not a cat in hell's chance.

It's actually disingenuous and downright insulting to the intelligence if fans who attended the game.

:angry:

What on earth would that be Stuart? :huh:

A cup final against Bumley on St Patrick's Day.

An oft quoted 'fact'. Do we know who said it? His Dad perhaps? To paraphrase Stan Ternent......... we have a mini and MU have a Ferrrari. Maybe I should have used a Transit van as a comparision.

You've gone down in my estimations paraphrasing Stan Ternent! Its pointless either way because it can't be proved or disproved.

I for one always said he was a better defender than Jones. I saw them play together many times together for the reserves.

Jones is a better all round footballer but not a better central defender.

Just my opinion of course.

@#/?. No way. Not a cat in hell's chance.

It's actually disingenuous and downright insulting to the intelligence if fans who attended the game.

:angry:

A cup final against Bumley on St Patrick's Day.

8000 do you reckon? maybe not that many.

With my anger from yesterday having quelled a little and my thinking coming back to normaility I am starting to believe that yesterdays debacle could be a watershed in the future of Blackburn Rovers. Having digested Apletons comments, particularly the 'spineless' reference it sounds like he he now knows exactly what is needed. He has to go to the Indians and thell them that certain players (we know who they are) have to go irresepective of the cost. Clearly he thinks they are bad eggs and they have poor attitudes. The next three months are going to be crucial not for what happens on the field but off it.

His words reminded of a press conference Stan Ternant gave shortly after being appointed manger at Burnley when he named four players and said they would never play for Burnley again. Appleton stopped short of naming the players but all eyes will be on the team sheet at 6.45 on Tuesday.

The nagging question though is why Appleton has taken so long to see what we have all known for months.

You've gone down in my estimations paraphrasing Stan Ternent! Its pointless either way because it can't be proved or disproved.

Can't be proved? How about the fact that Hanley is still here whilst Jones playing a number of positions in the first team after going to MU for 20m, is playing in the CL and will win a Prem winners medal?

I for one always said he was a better defender than Jones. I saw them play together many times together for the reserves.

Jones is a better all round footballer but not a better central defender.

Just my opinion of course.

No disrespect to your judgement but I'll stick with Fergys opinion if thats OK Aggy. ^_^

Kean, Hanley, Henley, Dann, King, Rhodes and Best.

They are the only players worth keeping out of the whole squad for next season. That in itself tells the story for me.

Jones we can't really say at this moment in time, same goes for Bentley. Ollson won't be here next season that's why I haven't included him, same goes for kazim, can't see him wanting to stay.

Part of the problem is our 4-4-2. We get outnumbered in midfield. And have two strikers who duplicate one another. One of them must drop back into midfield when opposition is on the ball.

In a nutshell! That is my biggest concern with Appleton's management. I can't see anything improving until that is changed. Especially with a decrepit donkey in midfield who simply cannot get back goal side once he is past the half way line and the opposition get the ball. I'd wager Murphy couldn't run for a bloody bus!

Can't be proved? How about the fact that Hanley is still here whilst Jones playing a number of positions in the first team after going to MU for 20m, is playing in the CL and will win a Prem winners medal?

No disrespect to your judgement but I'll stick with Fergys opinion if thats OK Aggy. ^_^

It I wanted a utility player, I'd have chosen Jones too.

The next time Fergie phones me for advice I'll tell him you're a big fan ;)

Archived