BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Peterborough 15:00 Saturday March 2nd 2013

• Backroom

Appleton has said now is a real chance for 5 or 6 players on the fringes to show they can have a future at the club. Murphy and Orr confirmed their exit today. They'll be shipped out in the summer.

Thank goodness for that. Who's buying them, out of curiosity?

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Typical isn't it, Jones looks a player and is here ill the summer, murphy is beyond terrible and we are stuck with him

Whilst Jones looked a class apart and made us look like we could actually win a midfield Battle in a game it says it all when people in the stand were commenting how good he looked after 5 minutes simple because he was doing what you would expect a central midfielder to do.

He put more tackles in 45 minutes than Lowe and murphy have managed in weeks and took his goal brilliantly

By the way did anyone think the ball was over the line for Rhodes chance? I didn't think so myself from where I was

No preview as yet so I thought I'd start a topic.

Nothing much to say other than this is the kind of game we have thrived on this season (5 wins out of the last 6 against teams in the bottom 5) but recently Peterborough have been in good form.

I think we will win this one with a scrappy 2-1, but I also sense that if we don't and it's a poor result and performance it could trigger the return of some discontent. Or am I misinterpreting the mood?

COYB!

I hate it when I am right about negative things concerning Rovers but you could see it happening in your head even if your heart longed for them to win.

Thing is, this league consistently throws up crazy results like and we've been asking for a hiding like this all season. Not all that surprising. I trust Appleton tbh tho and hope this is some kind of watershed providing clarity on the players who have it and those who don't. Murphy and Orr should never start again for Rovers. Jones and Henley in.

Thing is, this league consistently throws up crazy results like and we've been asking for a hiding like this all season. I trust Appleton tbh and hope this is some kind of watershed providing clarity on the players who have it and those who don't. Murphy and Orr should never start play again for Rovers.

Fixed for you.

Yes, he's on loan until the end of the season.He's essentially on trial for the rest of the season to see if we should offer him a longer deal. I believe he's out of contract in the summer.

So the balls in our court, clause to buy at the end of the season with Jones, otherwise what's stopping someone else coming in and pinching him right from under our noses?

Thank goodness for that. Who's buying them, out of curiosity?

No one, they'll be a stubborn as mules, holding out for every penny they don't deserve in a payoff, classless scumbags.

• Backroom

I fear you're right.

It's all well and good saying "we'll ship out Murphy, Orr, Etuhu, Pedersen, Dunn" etc etc ... but these players will not be as easy to remove as some people think. If we hadn't given them stupid wages then it might be a bit simpler, but sadly this isn't the case.

Will the Raos be willing to pay off Murphy for the rest of his £40k p/w contract? Etuhu's £30k p/w contract? MGP's £40k p/w contract? I know they love throwing money away, but there will be a limit and I can't see all of these players being paid off. Most likely we'll be lumbered with them come the start of next season and Appleton will either be ordered to play them or they'll rot in the reserves and drain the club of money until the day their contracts end.

here we go, this might sound a bit odd, but it could be the making of our team. No player now can say that there should be picked due to their form. So the manager now as free reign to pick the players that do well and not just pick them on there past history .. ie playing in the top division.

His words after the match do point to the fact that changes will be made, either their buck up or there will not be picked. The second half give us hope the first half none, lets hope pick the second half team more oftem

Earlier in the season we played this mob off the park on their own ground. This result today sends unmissable signals about the state of the club, particularly in terms of divisions and morale. Whatever the shortcomings of our squad, whatever the selection or formation, there is no way we can explain this one away.

The whole club needs a massive reassessment from top to bottom. But sadly, there is no-one with the will, the brains, the power or the courage to do it.

What will become of us?

The thing about players having a go at fans is that we fans give ourselves the right to say rude things to them, boo them, say horrible things about their family, but if they snap and give it back loads of fans act like shocked and outraged maiden aunts. Obviously I was not at the match, so it may not be the case with Orr, but how much crap has someone like Beckham had over the years, with lynched effigies, people shouting that they want his children to get cancer and so on?

I know this makes me sound like a 'Rovers Fan' but sometimes people's frustration can mean they say some detestable things to another person who is essentially a stranger, and should expect to get some back.

we pay our hard earned money to watch them through thick and thin(well ya know what I mean!!!), they get paid millions regardless of how they perform and cant be sacked without bankrupting the club(employment law in this country is so backwards)

Anyone who attended tody who is unhappy at some of the players, manager or the result should remember who employs the players and manager and who employed the people who recommended them. I'm sure they are grateful for your support today.

Busy all weekend and only just caught the result. Pretty shocked tbh. I knew we were in a bit of a rut and have a few injuries but even so outplayed by the bottom team is shocking.

Glad Murphy got a boo-ing. He's been absolute kean all season. Even when we've been getting results he hasn't really contributed to it and has been a passenger all season. At the risk of sounding like Kean hopefully the positive of today is we get shot of him.

As for Orr - I'm still waiting for the apology from the Kean is brilliant interview. Personally I think a few weeks fine is in order - unacceptable behaviour. The criticism was based on performance only from what I can gather - it wasn't personal stuff, nor was it irrational like at Andrews who though pants tried his hardest. He seems to not give a hoot about the club, completely unmotivated and will never win over the fans - get rid. (Plus the minor detail that he's not very good...)

As for Hanley - yep his distribution is poor but he's a fighter, get's stuck in and is more than adequate at this level. Think he shows a lot of promise (if not at top level, definately at this level) and should be one of those who stay. There's a heck of a lot more players higher up the list waiting to be shipped out. But as others have said who would want them.

For the first time I've a few jitters and nerves about the Appleton regime. Clearly the rot that classes for our character is coming to the surface again. The previous few defeats weren't too suprising considering our weakened squad, but clearly this shows there's a problem culture that needs sorting out fast. Regardless of personnel perhaps changing the culture will be Appleton's most important task as manager and most likely to determine his success.

first job michael-tell murphy he is not captain anymore,and must improve hugely to make the squad. dothat monday 9am

tell orr he is no longer welcome anywhere near the club.930am

tell the squad that wearing the blue and white halves is seriously important and matters in ways that cannot be totally explained.it is very special.very special.only those with absolute total committment can now be considered.would you play for nowt.i would.

dont give them a ball. beast the committed ones till they drop,then more.

lunchtime-ring the venky and tell them you have cracked up and it's their fault

take what committed players still on their feet and tell them that they will die if the next game is not won with a thoroughly committed performance.

win next game,redouble efforts,win again.

simple,innit ! it's called committment

Honestly, i think Murphy is getting a lot of undeserved stick here.

Orr made their left winger look like Cristiano Ronaldo.

Murphy was poor, and has been regularly, but few players would look good next to Lowe.

Peterborough got their tactics spot on, they had an extra man in midfield playing further upfield than Murphy and Lowe, nothing was done to address this at any point in the game until he was subbed.

Murphy is struggling because he's mid 30's and shouldnt be playing 90 mins twice a week every week at his age. That isnt his fault. He didnt play well, but in all honesty only Hanley really put in a 90 minute performance today.

Id be willing to bet a CM of Murphy and Jones would be far better than a CM of Lowe and Jones.

murphy exemplifies the malaise in the team IMO. slow,uncommitted,hardly interested at times. not good enough for me, and i really used to rate him. forget him now. he just does not figure in any future and is largely responsible for many points lost IMO. fell out with dunne early season. wonder what over ?

Honestly, i think Murphy is getting a lot of undeserved stick here.

Orr made their left winger look like Cristiano Ronaldo.

Murphy was poor, and has been regularly, but few players would look good next to Lowe.

Peterborough got their tactics spot on, they had an extra man in midfield playing further upfield than Murphy and Lowe, nothing was done to address this at any point in the game until he was subbed.

Murphy is struggling because he's mid 30's and shouldnt be playing 90 mins twice a week every week at his age. That isnt his fault. He didnt play well, but in all honesty only Hanley really put in a 90 minute performance today.

Id be willing to bet a CM of Murphy and Jones would be far better than a CM of Lowe and Jones.

Murphy was awful in the first half against Leeds, a disgusting effort considering his pedigree and wages although he improved a bit in that game after the break mainly because he put a little effort in. Today was equally as bad, he's been kean for 80% of the games he's played this season and enough is enough. The stick he's getting now has been building for a while and i think even he knows he deserves some. To blame it all on Lowe is wrong, yes he aint v good but he does try hard every game but Murphy should be running the show though it seems he's realised he's done and doesn't give a fig, just going through the motions.

Archived