BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Peterborough 15:00 Saturday March 2nd 2013

Jones looked stripped and ready to come on after half an hour

Appleton should have had the balls to make the decision to bring Murphy off then

Fair play to Rhodes he took his goal well I just wish he bagged the two sitters in the first half instead and Kean had a stinker for the third goal but no point looking to individual mistakes when the likes of Murphy were that half assed

It's motivation pure and simple as if the captain ups his game then hopefully others will follow him. The reverse could occur if he subs him. Also considerJones was signed when? It wasn't announced or even rumoured till last night. Bringing on Jones with most likely one training session at most behind him with the team is a complete unknown. It's not an easy choice.

I want a hairy manager ;)

Hairist and ten quid says you've got a shaved head, lol.

Bring back Steve Kean!

Go wash your mouth out with TCP those words are infectious.

My assumption is he has been torn a new one either by Appleton or one of the other players. A grovelling apology doesn't change anything though, the man is a poisonous rat and has to leave ASAP.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if he'd been told to apologise to the fans and told to do it via twitter so he could be fined for what he did as it's against the rules. Well with a few more swear words added in off course.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't read this thread and just got in from the pub after the match. So just afew observations...

1. Appleton has finally proved that 4-4-2 is pretty damned useless these days.

2. The BRFC brand of playing stunted 4 touch triangles introduced to suck up to the owners in some misguided attempt to combat Allardyce's more direct and pragmatic approach is a failed experiment.... as most informed opinion predicted.

3. After just a 45min showing it appears that at last we might have found a replacement for Sav / Flitty in midfield. A player who although seriously one footed tackles like a terrier and covers every inch of the field and looks like he has enthusiasm to burn. Early days but Jones lead from the front foot and gave a 45 minute Captain's performance which disgracefully (for the rest of the squad) earned him awell deserved MoM award. With Livvie winning 4-0 at Wigan tonight I can only assume that either he must be nobbing someone he shouldn't at Wigan or they'll recall him first thing Mon morning.

4. Handley can't pass wind! The stupid dickk insists when better options are on on booting the ball 40 yards towards Rhodes head. Given that Rhodes can't jump it's an unbelievably brainless exercise. Dann appaers little better.

5. As I've said yonks ago Orr is the slowest full back in living memory. If only his feet were as quick as his gob eh? The snarling '@#/?off' that I witnessed should have been directed at a mirror (see 6).

6. Danny @#/? Murphy..... I thought he was shyte at Livvie and thats why they got rid, he offered little every time I saw him turn out for Fulham and how tf he ever got capped beggars belief. Since he's tuirned up here on ludicrous remuneration I have seen nothing to alter my opinion of him. I would love to have played against him and his type. Compared to other older midfielders namely Sid Cowans and Toogs who have literally blessed us with their presence he is a plodding fake. If he gets wrong side of the ball he doesn't even attempt to get back in any sort of defensive position. I hesitate to say this but the best way out for all concerned is to hope for a career terminating injury to get him out of the team and let some insurance company take the financial hit. Ditto Bradley Orr. The added bonus would be that Coco's drip feed would be terminated too!

7. WTF was with the cast of Dad's Army officiating the game about? I swear it was Lawrence on the touchline helping ot Capt Mainwareing with the whistle.

8. Full credit to Pboro and take nothing away from their spirit and endeavour. I had a feeling they'd 'do us' all week ...but not as easily as they did. :glare:

And I also apologise 2 any fans sat in the jack walker stand for letting my frustration get the better of me and I'm sorry 4 those offended!

Apology accepted Bradley....... Just so long as now you @#/? off!

Haven't read this thread and just got in from the pub after the match. So just afew observations...

1. Appleton has finally proved that 4-4-2 is pretty damned useless these days.

2. The BRFC brand of playing stunted 4 touch triangles introduced to suck up to the owners in some misguided attempt to combat Allardyce's more direct and pragmatic approach is a failed experiment.... as most informed opinion predicted.

3. After just a 45min showing it appears that at last we might have found a replacement for Sav / Flitty in midfield. A player who although seriously one footed tackles like a terrier and covers every inch of the field and looks like he has enthusiasm to burn. Early days but Jones lead from the front foot and gave a 45 minute Captain's performance which disgracefully (for the rest of the squad) earned him awell deserved MoM award. With Livvie winning 4-0 at Wigan tonight I can only assume that either he must be nobbing someone he shouldn't at Wigan or they'll recall him first thing Mon morning.

4. Handley can't pass wind! The stupid dickk insists when better options are on on booting the ball 40 yards towards Rhodes head. Given that Rhodes can't jump it's an unbelievably brainless exercise. Dann appaers little better.

5. As I've said yonks ago Orr is the slowest full back in living memory. If only his feet were as quick as his gob eh? The snarling '@#/?off' that I witnessed should have been directed at a mirror (see 6).

6. Danny @#/? Murphy..... I thought he was shyte at Livvie and thats why they got rid, he offered little every time I saw him turn out for Fulham and how tf he ever got capped beggars belief. Since he's tuirned up here on ludicrous remuneration I have seen nothing to alter my opinion of him. I would love to have played against him and his type. Compared to other older midfielders namely Sid Cowans and Toogs who have literally blessed us with their presence he is a plodding fake. If he gets wrong side of the ball he doesn't even attempt to get back in any sort of defensive position. I hesitate to say this but the best way out for all concerned is to hope for a career terminating injury to get him out of the team and let some insurance company take the financial hit. Ditto Bradley Orr. The added bonus would be that Coco's drip feed would be terminated too!

7. WTF was with the cast of Dad's Army officiating the game about? I swear it was Lawrence on the touchline helping ot Capt Mainwareing with the whistle.

8. Full credit to Pboro and take nothing away from their spirit and endeavour. I had a feeling they'd 'do us' all week ...but not as easily as they did. :glare:

Agree with all apart from Hanley being a stupid dick. I think he's got a cracking attitude, and has improved tenfold this season. He also reads the game well. He does need to improve his distribution though.

Agree with all apart from Hanley being a stupid dick. I think he's got a cracking attitude, and has improved tenfold this season. He also reads the game well. He does need to improve his distribution though.

How does a lad with a cracking attitude have the amount of body fat on him he does? He makes murphy passing look world class at times and there's absolutely no point in his reading of the game if all he does is give it straight back. If playing against him I'd be tempted to pass to the lad and shout 1-2.

What number of points does a team normally require to stay up in this league? 50?

We'll not go down in that case, but might it not be the best end of season ever. Thankfully it doesn't really matter and now it's all about next season.

We do seem to have a bit of luck with Joneses.

Murphy has to be dropped for the next match. Simply unacceptable performance from a player of his experience and captain.

Should be made to do some push-ups.

• Backroom

One positive and something that could be huge for Rovers next season was the performance of Jones. Havent had a decent central midfielder since jermaine jones left.

He changed the game.

He's only on loan until the end of the season isn't he?

How does a lad with a cracking attitude have the amount of body fat on him he does? He makes murphy passing look world class at times and there's absolutely no point in his reading of the game if all he does is give it straight back. If playing against him I'd be tempted to pass to the lad and shout 1-2.

Boll*cks, how do you know how much body fat he has? He's played well since Appleton took over, and was man of match the other week.

We do seem to have a bit of luck with Joneses.

Murphy has to be dropped for the next match. Simply unacceptable performance from a player of his experience and captain.

Murphy should have is contract terminated now !

I did not go today but was astounded MUrphy was in the starting 11 ..He is earning money under false pretenses ..

For the brass continually forked out by us and particularly for Mothering Sunday, I hope the Kunts have a good hard look at themselves and put a proper shift in next week.

Lack of ability may be one thing but lack of heart or effort is another.

One positive and something that could be huge for Rovers next season was the performance of Jones. Havent had a decent central midfielder since jermaine jones left.

He changed the game.

Hang on, we've only got him on a short term loan haven't we or have I missed something?

As decent as the lad has looked at times this season there's no denying he ALWAYS looks to launch it long to Rhodes, mostly aimlessly.

He does need to improve his distribution, I agree.

People are quick to slag off our players (mostly rightly so), but Hanley in my opinion has played very well recently.

Hang on, we've only got him on a short term loan haven't we or have I missed something?

Yep, sure it's just till the end of the season.

• Backroom

A lot didn't. I didn't see the attendace but it was the thinnest I've seen it this season and Posh didn't bring many.

I take it the official attendance was given as something like 23,000 then?

Yes, he's on loan until the end of the season.He's essentially on trial for the rest of the season to see if we should offer him a longer deal. I believe he's out of contract in the summer.

I also expect Kevin Thomson to come in for the rest of the season on a `trial` basis. If they do well then we'll give them a contract, if they dont then they can go. Same for Stewart. Essentially a try before you buy policy.

Appleton has said now is a real chance for 5 or 6 players on the fringes to show they can have a future at the club. Murphy and Orr confirmed their exit today. They'll be shipped out in the summer.

Archived