BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Peterborough 15:00 Saturday March 2nd 2013

i remember early season (think it was hull at home), and in the warm up david dunne and danny murphy were having a right old barney on thye pitch. no idea what it was about but i didn't think it augered well. since then murphy's star has risen (in terms of playing) and dunne has virtually disappeared. summat wrong somewhere. appleton ? the pr company ? agnew ? singh ? brag ? too many questions. all on big money. just need one person with personal pride to spill it. now

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

The players should be ashamed of themselves today. You can talk about tactics and formations as much as you like but being 3-0 down at ht to the bottom club is not about playing the wrong formation its down to the pathetic attitude of the players.

Away games again leicester and hull, you can say fair enough we lost to them as they are better than us. Today was simply a lack of attitude. Orr and Murphy will not be here next season along with quite a few.

Not sure any manager could get this team motivated. Jones showed them all how its done today. Class when he came on. He could well be that missing piece in the midfield. Energetic, composed on the ball and 100% commitment.

For me, its about assessing the squad for next season and Jones is certainly someone id have here.

The thing you're missing here, of course, is that nobody forced Appleton to start these players. There were three in particular that caused problems - Rekik, Orr and Murphy. All of these three could have been replaced in the starting line up by Givet, Henley and Jones respectively. It's not like today is a revelation - especially not in Murphy's case.

The game totally changed in the second half, primarily because two of the biggest issues in Orr and Murphy were addressed, and Appleton tweaked the formation to a 4-1-3-2. It worked.

You cannot just say "it was the players fault" and completely absolve Appleton. He has to take the blame for starting the wrong team in the wrong formation.

Stewart looked really quick and lively.. Jones was a breath of fresh air in the middle of the park got stuck in and was always looking to pass the ball forward and receive the ball himself, took his goal well also so can see him starting for definite on Tuesday and maybe Stewart too. As club captain its a big call for Appleton to either stick with murphy or drop him. The latter is looking very likely now.

No call really any top manager would drop his captain if he's playing like that.

On the attitude of the players it's a result of the kean era, he ran a sloppy ship letting all and sundry do what they when they want. He did it for almost 2 years and people and personalities will change in that time, it will become habit. Turning that around will takes months and for some will never happen. It's little wonder Appy wants other players in if this has happened.

Regarding the Orr situation:

Was just after the 3rd goal went in. He backed out of a challenge and got beat yet again so majority of fans told them what they thought of him. To which he ran over to the touchline and shouted at the fans to "feck off". Whether he said more at half time I don't know.

Naughty boy, just about sums up the attitude of these dregs who wear our shirt. I would love it if that scumbag Orr told me to f - off.....he wold be limping all the way back to his pit.

Orr must be bounced straight out of the club again now. Big big test of the so called 'hard line' Appleton. No excuses now it's the 3rd time he's had a run in with fans and the fact he is a very average/mostly poor player means he won't be missed. Why the hell was he brought back anyway, there was a reason he was bounced out and he was always an accident waiting to happen on and off the pitch. Once a gobshite always a gobshite.

No call really any top manager would drop his captain if he's playing like that.

On the attitude of the players it's a result of the kean era, he ran a sloppy ship letting all and sundry do what they when they want. He did it for almost 2 years and people and personalities will change in that time, it will become habit. Turning that around will takes months and for some will never happen. It's little wonder Appy wants other players in if this has happened.

Spot on.

It will take an enormous effort to stop the rot and turn it around.

Looks like at least one player has taken today to heart:

I take responsibility for today's defeat and all the criticism I'm getting ill take on the chin and try and put it right next time out !

• Backroom

My assumption is he has been torn a new one either by Appleton or one of the other players. A grovelling apology doesn't change anything though, the man is a poisonous rat and has to leave ASAP.

Orr must be bounced straight out of the club again now. Big big test of the so called 'hard line' Appleton. No excuses now it's the 3rd time he's had a run in with fans and the fact he is a very average/mostly poor player means he won't be missed. Why the hell was he brought back anyway, there was a reason he was bounced out and he was always an accident waiting to happen on and off the pitch. Once a gobshite always a gobshite.

He was brought back because Shebby had shipped him out and Shaw and/or Agnew wanted him back....Appleton by his comments at the time also rated him...thew decision to bring the likes of Orr and Cambell here while shipping out Rochina are the typical politics that has ruined the club

Bradley Orr ‏@bradleyorr2

Especially to any children who had to hear the language that was used,not great at all from me and once again I apologise !

Expand Reply
Retweet

Favorite

More

7 mins Bradley Orr Bradley Orr ‏@bradleyorr2

And I also apologise 2 any fans sat in the jack walker stand for letting my frustration get the better of me and I'm sorry 4 those offended!

I was disappointed when he has recalled as from what I can see, he is a bad influence. On his first game back he was constantly mouthing off and bickering with other players, whilst playing very poorly himself. He needs shipping out again asap.

Well done Dave Jones. Literally the opposite of Murphy. Always looking to receive the ball and pass it forward, barely giving it away. Stepping up to take set pieces and putting one away when given the chance.

Now we have Jones, If Danny Murphy starts again this season it's beyond a joke.

And we call Andrews the jogger, J*sus c*rist...

Bradley Orr ‏@bradleyorr2

Especially to any children who had to hear the language that was used,not great at all from me and once again I apologise !

Expand Reply

Retweet

Favorite

More

I still want him out. No excuse, we've taken a lot over the last two years but for players to underperform and then have a go at paying fans is not on.

Just calmed down from viewing the worst first half performance since the seventies if Bradley Orr and Danny Murphy ever pull on a Rovers shirt again I for one will be lost for words and if Karim Rekik is the future of Manchester City then all can say they are having a laugh is he better than Gael GIvet I don't think so.

Why is it that every team that comes to Ewood seems to be fitter, play the ball quicker,and press the rovers players quicker while when the rovers build up attacks is so slow the opposition are all back defending.

Guest Norbert

The thing about players having a go at fans is that we fans give ourselves the right to say rude things to them, boo them, say horrible things about their family, but if they snap and give it back loads of fans act like shocked and outraged maiden aunts. Obviously I was not at the match, so it may not be the case with Orr, but how much crap has someone like Beckham had over the years, with lynched effigies, people shouting that they want his children to get cancer and so on?

I know this makes me sound like a 'Rovers Fan' but sometimes people's frustration can mean they say some detestable things to another person who is essentially a stranger, and should expect to get some back.

The thing you're missing here, of course, is that nobody forced Appleton to start these players. There were three in particular that caused problems - Rekik, Orr and Murphy. All of these three could have been replaced in the starting line up by Givet, Henley and Jones respectively. It's not like today is a revelation - especially not in Murphy's case.

The game totally changed in the second half, primarily because two of the biggest issues in Orr and Murphy were addressed, and Appleton tweaked the formation to a 4-1-3-2. It worked.

You cannot just say "it was the players fault" and completely absolve Appleton. He has to take the blame for starting the wrong team in the wrong formation.

Those players should have been able to beat Peterborough. Givet`s attitude stinks so wouldn't have played him, Jones only arrived yesterday so doesnt even know his new team mates yet, would have played henley tho.

I just dont buy the `he picked the wrong players` or `his tactics were wrong`. This was a bottom of the league team. They wanted it more. Simple as that. 3-0 at ht tells us that.

The way Appleton is trying to set the team up is correct in my view. Be solid and build from there. If the players cant carry out those instructions then get rid. The players undermined Berg and now they are doing that with Appleton.

Archived