BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Peterborough 15:00 Saturday March 2nd 2013

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Burnley mate thought the half time score was hilarious

Lets hope (and pray) he doesn't find the final score to his liking when we play Burnley. To be honest Appleton still has a chance to make this season not totally a waste - we have three matches in quick succession against local rivals which he dare not lose (especially the dingles) and then the small matter of a chance of an FA Cup semi final at Wembley to play for.

• Backroom

Take out Murphy, Rekik and Orr and we may win one of our remaining matches. If these three continue to play, I don't foresee another win this season. Murphy and Rekik are shocking, and Orr is poison.

That was a really dreadful first half, as bad as I've seen at Ewood.

The new loanees brought a completely different mentality to the second half, they actually played towards the oppositions goal!!!

They'll soon get that coached out of them down here.

Appleton has proved yet again he's as clueless as the rest im afraid. We say he got his tactics right for Arsenal, fair enough they worked largely dow to them having an off day in front of goal and our players all working to the gameplan like trojans. Then we go to Hull with the same tactics ffs BUT he swaps personell around for the sake of it and it goes tits up. Then Leeds an we have the different tactics and the THIRD different line up in a week. Outplayed again and not one shot in the first half. Then we go to LC and he reverts back to the Hull tactics obviously having learned nothing. Today speaks for itself, these are not the signs of a good or promising manager it's the sign of crap and anyone who thinks a lot of these players are playing for him obviously don't go and watch. Forget the Arse result it was a freak like Utd under Kean. I'll back Appleton because he's there and i hope he turns it around but there isn't a lot to suggest he will.

I'm afraid you have to say Appleton cost us the game today. He got his starting 11 and first half formation hopelessly wrong. He solved it for the second half but by then too much damage had been done.

How many more shocking games does Murphy have to have before he's dropped? Jones should start beside Lowe every game from now until the end of the season, as long as he is fit.

Agree with this. It was clear after 20 minutes that his tactics and/or personnel were wrong.

He should have changed things much earlier.

What is it about motionless bald men standing in front of our dugout looking clueless?

Rovers' plight isn't funny and I don't need spotty teenagers winding me up.

Especially when they have no idea when to use "too" and when to use "to" and virtually ALWAYS opt for "too".

Do they actually teach English at schools these days?

Kinda expected us to lose again today as soon as I saw the lineup. Can only echo what others have said: how bad must you play to be benched the next game? All talk and no action. Really should be simple: perform badly = benched next game no matter who you are. How Murphy and Lowe keeps getting selected game after game is beyond me. Only glad we're not Wolves....but if this kean keeps up we might join them down there soon as Peterbourough, Barnsley etc seem to have some fight in them for the final part of the season. Wembley? Yeah right....

• Backroom

Jones looked stripped and ready to come on after half an hour

Appleton should have had the balls to make the decision to bring Murphy off then

Fair play to Rhodes he took his goal well I just wish he bagged the two sitters in the first half instead and Kean had a stinker for the third goal but no point looking to individual mistakes when the likes of Murphy were that half assed

Regarding the Orr situation:

Was just after the 3rd goal went in. He backed out of a challenge and got beat yet again so majority of fans told them what they thought of him. To which he ran over to the touchline and shouted at the fans to "feck off". Whether he said more at half time I don't know.

Was just after the 3rd goal went in. He backed out of a challenge and got beat yet again so majority of fans told them what they thought of him. To which he ran over to the touchline and shouted at the fans to "feck off". Whether he said more at half time I don't know.

Bloody disgrace, he should never start another game.

Jones looked stripped and ready to come on after half an hour

Appleton should have had the balls to make the decision to bring Murphy off then

Fair play to Rhodes he took his goal well I just wish he bagged the two sitters in the first half instead and Kean had a stinker for the third goal but no point looking to individual mistakes when the likes of Murphy were that half assed

I honestly think he wanted to protect Murphy from what would have been a cacophony of boos if he had got the hook during the game.

Here's hoping for a YouTube video later and that no mark going the way of Givet.

I wondered why he was getting boo'd - although with Murphy getting the same treatment I thought it was just because he was crap.

Excellent judge of a player and a man, Appleton.

• Backroom

Nonsense

I imagine he walked over looking uninterested, oh wait no that's Danny Murphy

Sorry

Interesting remarks from Appleton after the game:

If I could have changed 7-8 I would have and the players were told this st HT.

The first half answered a lot of questions about what has happened under the previous 3-4 managers this season.

There are 5/6 players who haven't had much football this season. Perhaps they see this as a chance.

Called the first half spineless

• Backroom

Interesting remarks from Appleton after the game:

If I could have changed 7-8 I would have and the players were told this st HT.

The first half answered a lot of questions about what has happened under the previous 3-4 managers this season.

There are 5/6 players who haven't had much football this season. Perhaps they see this as a chance.

Called the first half spineless

Why has it taken him this long to come to these conclusions? Did he have his eyes closed for the performances at Hull, Leeds and Leicester?

Archived