BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Administration

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Den first part of of her plan as I see it is there must be no repetition of previous mistakes.ie listening to Agents and employing consultants.

Employ a Manager the fans can trust............Done

Stop the Bling and in your face Presidential arrivals at the ground.............Nothing less suited to Blackburn folk than all that jazz.

Stabilty on the pitch and dump the egos............Still much to do

Try to get the club moving forard again............signs of progress

Back the manager and Service the debt.................. We will never know the real state of the finances but they have backed Bowyer in this window.

Keep Balaji and his cronies mouths well and truly shut.................They know nothing about football and have proven it.

If She can do all that then she has a chance with the biggest challenge of all

Re engaging with the supporters.

That has to happen before we can ever really achieve anything again becasue this club is all about the community and if it is divided then it does not work. That is what I mean about Mrs Desai getting it.

All the above was destroyed within weeks by her family and she knows it will now take years to repair. Her biggest problem was her misguided loyalty to Kean but then we all make mistakes.

See paragraph 3 of Stanhill Rover's excellent post.

Eh? £60m+ in debt and rising.

When someone shows me a plan that pays off the debt, eliminates the £2m/month loss and still has us challenging for promotion, then I'll listen.

Clearly the sacking of Allardyce and the appointment of Kean turned out not to be to the betterment of the club. I do believe that the sacking of Allardyce was done because the owners believed that that would be for the betterment of Rovers.

No way, I can't believe that at all.

I can only theorise, but I favour the theory that it was all arranged prior to the take-over.

I can only theorise, but I favour the theory that it was all arranged prior to the take-over.

Perhaps, but I think that the drubbing at Manyoo provided a watershed and the perfect opportunity for Tantric Man to drip further poison into the Raos ears (I would imagine he was doing that way before the O.T. mauling). The Chuckle Brothers were there with their mates from India I believe and I bet the humiliation was tough to take. Mr A, doubtless a man with an eye for the main chance, would have wasted no time in telling the embarrassed siblings that Allardyce is no good but that he knows someone who is. The rest, as they say, is history.

At least thats my take on it. Probs a load of old crap!

My view on that is that they came In knowing absolutely nothing about football saw Allardyce's eye watering salary and wrongly concluded one of the coaches could do the job equally or nearly as well at a fraction of the cost. Especially after getting drubbed 7-1 at ManUre. Why pay someone 2.5 m p.a. for that? In their eyes at least.

• Backroom

According to Andy Cole it was rumoured in footballing circles that Kean was set to replace Allardyce a fair while before Venky's actually took over. When you consider what a huge hand Kean's own agent had in facilitating the sale of the club to Venky's I think you'd have to be extremely naive to assume it was anything other than a pre-conceived plan.

Well, I'm not going to sit here and endlessly defend my stance and rubbish anyone with contrary thoughts about what went on, simply because I cannot substantiate what I say.

I do maintain that they're either stupid or ignorant, though. However, it's not been the first time a foreign owner has taken over a football club and not had the humility to leave things be for a while in order for the owner to get acquainted with the business before imposing their own strategy and methods on it. It's a classic error of ego and vanity. I now laugh with dark humour about promises to catapault Rovers into the Champions' League using "leased" players and £5m/window. I also remember their undertaking upon purchase not to change the management ... I guess that didn't include Allardyce, but hey-ho, the management has been wrecked in any place.

Whether the Rao's are desperate to put things right, or whether they're trying to get rid of us but can't find a buyer or whether they'll just run us into the ground and then scarper ... who knows? Their reign has been an outright catastrophe and in order to restore us to where we were prior to their reign of terror would take an injection of capital a poultry wholesale firm cannot readily provide. (Notwithstanding that this is currently a weak division.)

I suppose I should be grateful for small mercies in that the Rao's have left Rovers be for a long enough time that there is actually a danger of things going well at the club. I guess the reality finally sank in that you cannot hope to prosper as a football club when you are changing managers like you'd change underpants.

And lastly of course, Steve Kean is no longer anywhere near this football club, and each day that remains true, the club heals a little bit more.

The only one left that I'd really want rid of would be Shaw. The @#/? state of him at Cairney's contract signing, bloody outrageous.

And of course I'd love the owners to be gone, the pre-eminent source of so much pain and heart-ache and resentment. It's unfortunate that you can't sack owners, and of course, if they did depart the scene in ignominy, we cannot guarantee that the next owners would be any better. Doesn't mean that I have to love the Rao's though.

And as a postscript, I think Alan Nixon should be tarred and feathered.

If I'd only known how awful the last three years would've been, I think I would've joined a hippy commune. Awful, just indescribably, ineffably, inordinately, inexcusably, intolerably @#/? AWFUL. If it wasn't for copydex, nyqil and ketamine, I never would've made it through. Just think, 3 long years ago, Steve Kean had just been installed as manager ...

Well, I'm not going to sit here and endlessly defend my stance and rubbish anyone with contrary thoughts about what went on, simply because I cannot substantiate what I say.

I do maintain that they're either stupid or ignorant, though. However, it's not been the first time a foreign owner has taken over a football club and not had the humility to leave things be for a while in order for the owner to get acquainted with the business before imposing their own strategy and methods on it. It's a classic error of ego and vanity. I now laugh with dark humour about promises to catapault Rovers into the Champions' League using "leased" players and £5m/window. I also remember their undertaking upon purchase not to change the management ... I guess that didn't include Allardyce, but hey-ho, the management has been wrecked in any place.

Whether the Rao's are desperate to put things right, or whether they're trying to get rid of us but can't find a buyer or whether they'll just run us into the ground and then scarper ... who knows? Their reign has been an outright catastrophe and in order to restore us to where we were prior to their reign of terror would take an injection of capital a poultry wholesale firm cannot readily provide. (Notwithstanding that this is currently a weak division.)

I suppose I should be grateful for small mercies in that the Rao's have left Rovers be for a long enough time that there is actually a danger of things going well at the club. I guess the reality finally sank in that you cannot hope to prosper as a football club when you are changing managers like you'd change underpants.

And lastly of course, Steve Kean is no longer anywhere near this football club, and each day that remains true, the club heals a little bit more.

The only one left that I'd really want rid of would be Shaw. The keaning state of him at Cairney's contract signing, bloody outrageous.

And of course I'd love the owners to be gone, the pre-eminent source of so much pain and heart-ache and resentment. It's unfortunate that you can't sack owners, and of course, if they did depart the scene in ignominy, we cannot guarantee that the next owners would be any better. Doesn't mean that I have to love the Rao's though.

And as a postscript, I think Alan Nixon should be tarred and feathered.

If I'd only known how awful the last three years would've been, I think I would've joined a hippy commune. Awful, just indescribably, ineffably, inordinately, inexcusably, intolerably keaning AWFUL. If it wasn't for copydex, nyqil and ketamine, I never would've made it through. Just think, 3 long years ago, Steve Kean had just been installed as manager ...

I couldn't argue with any of that. The hippy commune might have been a bit boring though!

I was just thinking of the free love angle.

I honestly can't believe how bad the last three years have been. It's like a horror movie, Night of the Undead Morons.

One good memory is the sense of total jubilation that washed over me when I heard that Kean had gone.

I was just thinking of the free love angle.

I honestly can't believe how bad the last three years have been. It's like a horror movie, Night of the Undead Morons.

One good memory is the sense of total jubilation that washed over me when I heard that Kean had gone.

Even that angle wouldn't compensate for the boring, drug fuelled self indulgent crap you'd have to listen to...only my opinion!

You are right about the last 3 years. I burn with the injustice of it and I simply refuse be pathologised for it.

I think I can hold on to supporting the team, whilst refusing to forget the abuse etc. I really am trying to keep open a small window of hope that Venky's are going to try and put it right, alongside a willingness to move on if they do.

If the South Africans can do it, I know I should try.....but, to extend the metaphor, Mandela is still in prison and I still have no vote.

I am rethinking my analysis of the commune. Maybe, it would just be like The Vulcan

Even that angle wouldn't compensate for the boring, drug fuelled self indulgent crap you'd have to listen to...only my opinion!

You are right about the last 3 years. I burn with the injustice of it and I simply refuse be pathologised for it.

I think I can hold on to supporting the team, whilst refusing to forget the abuse etc. I really am trying to keep open a small window of hope that Venky's are going to try and put it right, alongside a willingness to move on if they do.

If the South Africans can do it, I know I should try.....but, to extend the metaphor, Mandela is still in prison and I still have no vote.

I am rethinking my analysis of the commune. Maybe, it would just be like The Vulcan

The Vulcan had its moments!

Mostly good times though, excellent second home

:D

This time last year we had the triumvirate of Shaw, Agnew and Singh between them bickering and running the club into the ground with their power struggle. Now we are rid of Agnew (will we ever know the full story behind his rise and fall?) and Singh seems to be in exile doing his media work in the far East.

If you'd have said to me last season to chose one of those three to stay at the club it would have to be Shaw. For all his faults at the very least he is the only one who has any experience of running a professional football club. The prospect of having either Agnew or Singh running the club instead is enough to make me content with Shaw for the time being, although it is very bizarre how he has managed to keep his job after what went on with Henning Berg last season.

If we are losing 2m a month this season, how long can that last? While the last few months have been an improvement on the farce before, it is hard not to view this season as promotion or bust.

The debts can't keep piling on indefinitely...

Does anyone have any idea what the fixed costs are associated with Brockhall, The Academy and Ewood Park?

If we are losing 2m a month this season, how long can that last? While the last few months have been an improvement on the farce before, it is hard not to view this season as promotion or bust.

The debts can't keep piling on indefinitely...

I thought the 2 million per month losses were from last season, and that number has since been reduced (even though it is still not break even and won't be until we get rid of Best, Etuhu, Orr and others)?

It is the number from the last accounts - not season - for year ending June 30 2013. Generally it doesn't make a difference but some years it does.

I'm sure there have been cost savings and the losses are reduced but I suspect we are only down to £1.5m / month or thereabouts. From the top of my head the only significant savings are not having to pay managerial compensation. Most of the high earners are still knocking about though some may leave this month.

Archived