BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Administration

You can go into admin whenever you like. It's the season in which the 10 point eduction is made that is the issue.

I'm not sure how FFP impact stuff like the academy. In principle if it's a running cost of the club then it would fall under our total cost base which should therefore mean curtains if we can't afford the running costs. However, it may be that it could be changed to the Venkys 'Player Hatchery' Academy and players are 'sold' to Rovers but that might incur tax complications.

On the face of it FFP could undo a lot of the good work that has been done to create the infrastructure but if we can't afford it, we can't afford it. I don't expect we would get any sympathy from League One clubs who can't afford that infrastructure though.

That's a very good and pertinent point Stuart, not one that I'd considered but therein may lie the loophole to FFP and explain the additional investment to secure Cat 1 Status.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All it'd take would be one bad visit to the Doctors and I might just be very easily tempted to take care of the Leon problem for the club. :o Might as well have a decent clear out at the same time. Anybody care to make a list?

That's a @#/? distasteful comment. I'm surprised tbh.

if we are mathematically out of the playoff race, then we could easily go into administration. if we are still in the race for promotion, then no chance in hell, as we would be docked x amount of points anyway. it really is a strange one tbh, because if Venkys had a strategy of getting us back up, then i would have assumed that they would think perhaps in the next few seasons rather than now. in that case, it would be wise to play it safe, not spend anymore money, try and clear most of the debt, and then take it from there. as a business strategy eg, if you made losses the previous year, you would naturally look to cut down on any unecessary expenses the following here, and start to look at alternative ways to get money coming in. not going up this year is not a problem, but if you come out with a statment like promotion or bust, then you have to feel a bit worried.

Doesn't make any sense, alarm bells should be ringing, yet they can't be assed reviewing things until the summer.

Never mind fiddling while Rome burns, do they even know there's a fire going on?

They don't know where Rome is and haven't even got a fiddle.

They will have a pretty big sum to find in the summer though, and they won't be able find much from their Blackburn assets.

Wonder if they were booing Tan style at half-time? Probably didn't even know there was a game on.

Bowyer in Daily Telegraph

He has another trip planned to Pune in the next fortnight, discussing budgets and players. They are a great family. Their generosity is important to this football club. If you look at the debt weve got, some people might walk away from that. But theres no talk of them doing anything like that. They just want us to do very well. They have family values. They want this club to succeed. They dont put pressure on me. They dont ring up after every defeat or every win. They recognise the mistakes made in previous years. Bowyer is helping rectify their mistakes, rebuilding Rovers slowly but surely.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/10550196/.html

That's a really good piece about Bowyer. He even likes Stereophonics! :tu:

The bit about Venkys, whilst pertinent, is only in the final paragraph of a very good interview.

Odd, gravity-defying times at Rovers.

If so, why don't they speak!!!! Why not tell us what they have planned?? I have to have a business plan, cos my bank says so! But the silence is deafening!

I think its one of the things they don't get and have yet to learn. Like just how much the club means to its community and why people are so angry.

If so, why don't they speak!!!! Why not tell us what they have planned?? I have to have a business plan, cos my bank says so! But the silence is deafening!

The last thing we need is for them to speak, have you learned nothing over the past 3 years!

But they are family orientated so why is the Rovers family different......I still think we are a (very expensive) plaything.

I thought we were more of a marketing device. Either way I wish they hadn't have bothered.

The article mentions our horrific debt and that Venkys haven't walked away from it. Whilst acknowledging that the debt is their fault I do feel that they a deserve a modicum of credit for taking responsibility for that. I think they could have chucked in the keys and said 'we were duped, it wasn't our fault' and the Indian business community along with football fans outside East Lancashire might have accepted that.

I can only guess that Venkys are still here because they fear that their reputation and brand would be badly damaged by giving it up and therefore admitting failure. I also get a sneaking feeling that we might be on their conscience to an extent (at least I hope so)

Whilst hoping that I don't invoke a reappearance, has anybody else noticed that the previously verbose Phillipl has gone very quiet?

The longer they keep quiet the better. The one thing we've lacked during their tenure has been stability. Its been nice to focus on the football over the last 4/5 months without having to worry about what nonsense they might come out with next. Bowyer is doing a great job on the field and it sounds like he's doing an even better one off it. The less Venky's have to do with the whole thing the better.

conscience?

good lord that would be the day.

more like they couldn't shift the club for love nor mmoney. I'm sure if they could wriggle out of this great big @#/? mess without burning their fingers too much they'd leap at the chance.

either that or they're pig @#/? thick or just don't care.

He has another trip planned to Pune in the next fortnight, discussing budgets and players. They are a great family. Their generosity is important to this football club. If you look at the debt weve got, some people might walk away from that. But theres no talk of them doing anything like that. They just want us to do very well. They have family values. They want this club to succeed. They dont put pressure on me. They dont ring up after every defeat or every win. They recognise the mistakes made in previous years. Bowyer is helping rectify their mistakes, rebuilding Rovers slowly but surely.

What a fantastic peice that is. Ignore the venkys paragraph but the rest about bowyer is a great read

It's a really good article until he goes all gooey about the Indians. He has been around long enough to know that the majority of fans will never forgive them for the damage they have caused to the town of Blackburn.

conscience?

good lord that would be the day.

more like they couldn't shift the club for love nor mmoney. I'm sure if they could wriggle out of this great big keaning mess without burning their fingers too much they'd leap at the chance.

either that or they're pig kean thick or just don't care.

You might well be right and, as I say, I'm guessing but hasn't Kamy previously reported that Venkys have rebuffed any approaches to take the club off their hands?

You might well be right and, as I say, I'm guessing but hasn't Kamy previously reported that Venkys have rebuffed any approaches to take the club off their hands?

yes he has.

I have no more idea than you but I suspect you're as @#/? off to the back teeth with them as I am

Let's see what this window brings- quite probably our last for sometime with any interest in incomings.

The movements out and incoming signings already have given far more cause for hope than I ever imagined possible. Not least because this is the first window in three years in which it appears we actually did some advanced planning. Yes Bowyer is travelling to Pune mid-window but at least this mid-window trip isn't to go there to start thinking about what to do in the window.

That win at Leeds may yet turn out to be unbelievably important in terms of what is discussed over the tandoori chicken entrails.

I continue to suspect that what has gone on at Rovers is so bad that the folks in Pune would not want any third party sifting through the ruins any time soon. Assuming the bank are happy just to sit on the collateral, there are ways to slash the outgoings to a bare minimum next season.

Archived