BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Simon Vukcevic

He was discussed briefly in the YouTube thread.

He started but was very poor, particularly his passing.

Subbed in the second half. They looked better without him. I think the equaliser came not long after he went off.

You can see he's got excellent technique but doesn't seem to do anything effective with it.

He's very slow and there were two passes in particular that you wouldn't expect to see in Sunday league football, never mind international football.

Didn't look much different than he did when he played for us. Massively overrated by some on here imo.

Reminds me of 'The great rock and roll swindle' as perpetrated by Malcolm Maclaren and the Pistols in the late 70's. Their reputation grew and grew without them actually completing a booking as venue after venue cancelled their concerts and paid them up.

• Backroom

Ridiculously one footed to the point of messing up simple passes because he didn't dare use his right foot instead opting to pass it with the outiside of his left foot

Ridiculously one footed to the point of messing up simple passes because he didn't dare use his right foot instead opting to pass it with the outiside of his left foot

Which makes it strange that he seems to want to play from the right hand side. That's a very effective tactic if the player has pace, because the full back can't simply shown them down the line because pace could take them round the back of them (Ashley Young is good at this). But with someone as slow as Vukcevic it's so easy to mark him out of the game.

I'd hardly say that he was awful. He certainly looked off the pace, but that is to be expected from someone who played in about 4 matches over the course of 18 months. I would certainly not sign him on the back of that performance, but he wasn't so bad that I thought he wasn't good enough for the Championship.

Archived