BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2013

Mike E

• Backroom

Sorry to mods, if they'd rather start the official topic themselves. Just thought I'd ask, would people be open to signing Kevin Davies on a pay-as-you-play deal for a year or two? The guy could be good foil for Jordan Rhodes after all.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry to mods, if they'd rather start the official topic themselves. Just thought I'd ask, would people be open to signing Kevin Davies on a pay-as-you-play deal for a year or two? The guy could be good foil for Jordan Rhodes after all.

the fat alky useless one that we had? in a word NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I would bring Rochina back.

Then we should look at Sako and O´Hara at Wolves if they go down.

Ebanks-Blake and Doyle is also out of contract at Wolves.

Would be nice to partner Rhodes with Doyle as he's hard working and chips in with his own goals from time to time like Newell did with Speedie/Shearer. Sounds like he's off to Celtic though.

According to one of the newspapers this last week (not sure which one) we have over 60 professionals on the books including the loan signings. Definitely need to ship a lot of players out before the start of next season. If the squad rule is to have 25 players plus some U21 / Homegrown players then we shouldn't really have more than that.

I'd be trying to ship out Robinson, Henrique, Givet (if he still wants to leave), Nunes, Pedersen, Murphy, Etuhu, Gomes (if not going to be used) and people like Bruno, Formica, Edinho, Jorge and a few of the youngsters who aren't going to make it. That leaves us with..

Goalkeepers: Kean, Usai - I'd get another one in to back up Kean.

Right backs: Henley, Orr - Orr's not the best but as a back up he's fine.

Left backs: Olsson, Morris

Center backs: Dann, Hanley - Definitely our weakest area. Need at least three more good championship center backs.

Midfielders: Dunn, Williamson, O'Sullivan, Rochina - Need midfielders who can go box to box and put a tackle in. Also need a lot more creativity.

Right wingers: Bentley can't seem to stay fit, so he's not worth going after permanently. No more putting other players in this role though. We need out and out wingers.

Left wingers: Markus - Definitely need a top quality left winger.

Strikers: Rhodes, Best, Goodwillie - Definitely need a more powerful striker. Best hasn't quite been up to that role so far.

Obviously that would mean a lot of chopping and changing, but I think we can all agree it needs doing. What we especially need is good british championship players as they're more eager to fight for a place in the Premier League.

According to one of the newspapers this last week (not sure which one) we have over 60 professionals on the books including the loan signings. Definitely need to ship a lot of players out before the start of next season. If the squad rule is to have 25 players plus some U21 / Homegrown players then we shouldn't really have more than that.

I'd be trying to ship out Robinson, Henrique, Givet (if he still wants to leave), Nunes, Pedersen, Murphy, Etuhu, Gomes (if not going to be used) and people like Bruno, Formica, Edinho, Jorge and a few of the youngsters who aren't going to make it. That leaves us with..

Goalkeepers: Kean, Usai - I'd get another one in to back up Kean.

Right backs: Henley, Orr - Orr's not the best but as a back up he's fine.

Left backs: Olsson, Morris

Center backs: Dann, Hanley - Definitely our weakest area. Need at least three more good championship center backs.

Midfielders: Dunn, Williamson, O'Sullivan, Rochina - Need midfielders who can go box to box and put a tackle in. Also need a lot more creativity.

Right wingers: Bentley can't seem to stay fit, so he's not worth going after permanently. No more putting other players in this role though. We need out and out wingers.

Left wingers: Markus - Definitely need a top quality left winger.

Strikers: Rhodes, Best, Goodwillie - Definitely need a more powerful striker. Best hasn't quite been up to that role so far.

Obviously that would mean a lot of chopping and changing, but I think we can all agree it needs doing. What we especially need is good british championship players as they're more eager to fight for a place in the Premier League.

orrs a turd head.

1. A proper summer training

2. A real midfield

Here is my shopping list for the summer. Getting rid of all players not needed anymore is a huge task. Not bringing in any new "Portuguese" should be obvious but you never know.

Shane Ferguson at newcastle is a real prospect for me. He's been out on loan too.

They will have a need of their own for the decent championship player.

Simple I would to see at least the majority of these players leave:

Robinson, Sando, Orr, Ribiero, Henrique, Givet, Formica, Murphy, Etuhu, Jorge, Rosado, Goodwillie, Bentley, King, Stewart, Slew, Pedersen, Edinho, Nuno Gomes.

Bring in 3 to 5 players in the summer with wingers, Kane on Loan, Kaz Free,George Boyd Free. Need a few fresh faces.

Simple I would to see at least the majority of these players leave:

Robinson, Sando, Orr, Ribiero, Henrique, Givet, Formica, Murphy, Etuhu, Jorge, Rosado, Goodwillie, Bentley, King, Stewart, Slew, Pedersen, Edinho, Nuno Gomes.

Bring in 3 to 5 players in the summer with wingers, Kane on Loan, Kaz Free,George Boyd Free. Need a few fresh faces.

Can't argue with that but it's making them go that's hard. We need Rochina back and a left back/winger too and the poor Ollson out.

I think we will be able to shift a good 10 to 15 out easily. I am optimistic we don't need to spend rash amounts of money either by picking up on some free transfers, with David Jones available, George Boyd, Chris Brunt, Jerome Thomas, Gary O'Neil, Kevin Doyle, Berra, Nick Bailey. They really are some good players available.

Ebanks Blake been released. Has scored goals in this league before. Think he was the championship top scorer when wolves got promoted a few years ago.

70 goals, 29 assists in 167 games in the championship.

Good stats.

Could be a good signing but we need to sell players first.

Archived