BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mancini sacked. Kidd to take over -for the summer

Can't say I'm surprised. I've never rated Mancini. He got lucky with Inter post calcioppoli scandal where all other top Italian teams were relegated or started on -30 pts, his "success" or trophy return for the £1 billion spent on players is poor and he's always been clueless in Europe.

If I was city with their deep pockets I'd get klopp from Dortmund. He may be a bit of a flavour of the month but no more so than this peligrini the Arabs got their hearts set on.

Scary to think how much they are going to spend this summer if the new manager wants to bring in 5/6 new players, there will be players who can't make the squad earning £100k a week.

""Mancini was sacked for poor communication and relationships with all parts of the club including players, fellow executives and the board. Plus a failure to pay enough attention to developing young players"

If that is true you can't argue with any of that. Especially the last part, City had an excellent record of bringing through young players prior to Mancini.

Guest Norbert

'Prior to the Arabs lobbing £30m for player x,y and z whenever they wanted' is what that should really say. It was they who put that youth system to the margins, not Mancini. The signs were there when Hughes was binned despite reaching the targets they had set-they wanted the league instantly at any cost, not wait a season or two as the squad was gradully improved year on year.

And having Brian Kidd and David Platt as backroom staff was fairly uninspiring. Kidd may still be a good coach, but Platt has offered nothing since he stopped playing.

'Prior to the Arabs lobbing £30m for player x,y and z whenever they wanted' is what that should really say. It was they who put that youth system to the margins, not Mancini. The signs were there when Hughes was binned despite reaching the targets they had set-they wanted the league instantly at any cost, not wait a season or two as the squad was gradully improved year on year.

And having Brian Kidd and David Platt as backroom staff was fairly uninspiring. Kidd may still be a good coach, but Platt has offered nothing since he stopped playing.

I was sat on a KLM flight back from Amsterdam to Manchester 12 mths or so ago and Platt was sat in front of me, it was a Friday PM flight and he was making out team formations on some graph paper and the team for the next day, thought it strange on a plane but there you go.

He's wasted a fair bit of money, Sinclair, Javi Garcia, Maicon have all been expensive failures so far. Hasn't brought through any youngsters either

Plus his inability to get the best out of a brilliant strike force in Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko and also Nasri is pretty poor tbh

Man City won't miss him, they can do better

Guest Norbert

To me Shabani, Garcia and Sinclair were never given a proper chance, and frankly Sinclair was never going to get in ahead of Silva. And the attacking players you've mentioned are over rated (with the exception of Augero). Nasri is particularly over rated, as he's a lightweight lazybones who fails to deliver. All style and no substance.

Guest Norbert

Probably to replace Adam Johnson in the reserves, who has also been ruined by Citeh. The moral of the story is, if you are a talented young player seeking to establish yourself in a major league, do not sign for Man City, at least until you are Silva/Messi/Ronaldo standard. Rodwell, Sinclair, Johnson and probably a few I've forgotten all took the oil money and found themselves in the reserves.

Surprisingly, Citeh fans phoning into radio stations like Talksport have been more or less unanimous in condemning the sacking saying they need to build up stability like their near neighbours United.

Looking in as an outsider it seems to me that Mancini is nothing special at all and when you've spent the sort of money Citeh's owners have, and have the sort of squad they have, the very least you can expect is a spirited crack at winning the title and the Champions League. Citeh gave up their title with barely a whimper, have been abysmal in Europe, and never turned up for the Cup Final yet the fans seem of the view they should be over the moon with that because it's not so long since they were playing Grimsby in the third tier play off finals.

Spanish football expert was on Talksport last night bloke called Terry Gibson, not sure if it was the ex player. He was absolutely raving about Mancini's mooted replacement Pellegrini, saying he'd done well despite Malaga having to sell their best players, players not being paid, being hit with a transfer embargo and being banned from Europe as a result. They have to qualify for Europe again to start serving the ban, yet despite all that he's managed to keep the players motivated and they were very close to beating Dortmund and reaching the CL semi finals at their first attempt in comparison to Citeh's woeful efforts.

In Gibson's view Pellegrini would be a huge success wherever he goes. My only query would be if he's THAT good, why hasn't he risen to prominence before now? I think Gibson said he was 59.

I don't know if Terry Gibson was an ex-player but he is on Revista De La Liga, co-commentates on Spanish matches and therefore is very clued up on Spanish footy.

Pellegrini has risen to prominence before now, he managed Real Madrid to their highest ever league points total (89 or 91 I think) in 2009, unfortunately they came 2nd behind Barca.

Their new president, either Perez or Calderon, can't remember, didn't want Robben or Sneijder to play as they had been bought by the previous one. So he left.

Malaga had lots of money and ambition so he went there, it's not like he went to an Everton. He went to Spain's Man City. And yea, they've been 4th for most of the year, came top of their Champions League group which had AC Milan in it, then were ridiculously unfortunate to not beat Dortmund.

He's leaving Malaga as the money has dried up and all their players will now leave.

He's a top class manager in my opinion, and of those that follow Spanish football.

I don't know if Terry Gibson was an ex-player but he is on Revista De La Liga, co-commentates on Spanish matches and therefore is very clued up on Spanish footy.

Pellegrini has risen to prominence before now, he managed Real Madrid to their highest ever league points total (89 or 91 I think) in 2009, unfortunately they came 2nd behind Barca.

Their new president, either Perez or Calderon, can't remember, didn't want Robben or Sneijder to play as they had been bought by the previous one. So he left.

Malaga had lots of money and ambition so he went there, it's not like he went to an Everton. He went to Spain's Man City. And yea, they've been 4th for most of the year, came top of their Champions League group which had AC Milan in it, then were ridiculously unfortunate to not beat Dortmund.

He's leaving Malaga as the money has dried up and all their players will now leave.

He's a top class manager in my opinion, and of those that follow Spanish football.

Yeah, forgot about that, Gibson was of the view he'd done exceptionally well at Real Madrid as well. It would have been relatively late in his career when he was appointed Real manager though. Perhaps he's a late bloomer.

Scary to think how much they are going to spend this summer if the new manager wants to bring in 5/6 new players, there will be players who can't make the squad earning £100k a week.

Possibly, but Pellegrini has always been a very astute spender and worked wonders on budgets, so it's unlikely the players he brings in will be Scott Sinclair

Yeah, forgot about that, Gibson was of the view he'd done exceptionally well at Real Madrid as well. It would have been relatively late in his career when he was appointed Real manager though. Perhaps he's a late bloomer.

I'm not sure about a late bloomer, just a late starter. He only got his first European job in 2003, and since then has been on a very quick ascendancy. He was also a civil engineer I think

Surprisingly, Citeh fans phoning into radio stations like Talksport have been more or less unanimous in condemning the sacking saying they need to build up stability like their near neighbours United.

Looking in as an outsider it seems to me that Mancini is nothing special at all and when you've spent the sort of money Citeh's owners have, and have the sort of squad they have, the very least you can expect is a spirited crack at winning the title and the Champions League. Citeh gave up their title with barely a whimper, have been abysmal in Europe, and never turned up for the Cup Final yet the fans seem of the view they should be over the moon with that because it's not so long since they were playing Grimsby in the third tier play off finals.

Spanish football expert was on Talksport last night bloke called Terry Gibson, not sure if it was the ex player. He was absolutely raving about Mancini's mooted replacement Pellegrini, saying he'd done well despite Malaga having to sell their best players, players not being paid, being hit with a transfer embargo and being banned from Europe as a result. They have to qualify for Europe again to start serving the ban, yet despite all that he's managed to keep the players motivated and they were very close to beating Dortmund and reaching the CL semi finals at their first attempt in comparison to Citeh's woeful efforts.

In Gibson's view Pellegrini would be a huge success wherever he goes. My only query would be if he's THAT good, why hasn't he risen to prominence before now? I think Gibson said he was 59.

Oh didn't see this part, yes he only came to Europe ten years ago, managed in south america for a long time, so that would be the age answer

Pellegrini is one of the classiest, most dignified and deferential managers that City could hope to appoint. The man is a true gent and for that reason it was always a match made in hell with Real Madrid. He wasn't Florentino Perez's first or even fourth choice, and this was made abundantly clear, as Pellegrini's time was spent undermined by the Madrid hierarchy and the local media, who had a supremacist agenda against him for his South American roots. Despite this, he still managed to break the club's highest points record (96), losing out on the title by three points to Pep's Barca machine.

If the Arabs are able to attract Pellegrini and can treat him with the respect he deserves, then their fans are in for something special.

Archived