BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2013/14

I don't think the club has been run sensibly at any time in the last three years.

Just because there's been a semblance of normality under GB doesn't undo all that's gone before....

The rule of optimism at work again to minimise their responsibility, depict them as wronged/naive ...but making improvements. Compare where we are now to where we were, when they took over. It is a scandal.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I'm not trying to absolve them of blame Abbey. My opinion is that someone who is malicious doesn't suddenly start trying to do things right. They followed people who, they assumed, knew what they were doing. Since the regime change, they're making sensible decisions.

I'll never forgive or forget the last 3 years.

But (if the last few years were a school year), I wouldn't continue to scold kids for fighting after they've behaved very well for the last term. I'd just warn them not to retreat to that past behaviour.

I'm not trying to absolve them of blame Abbey. My opinion is that someone who is malicious doesn't suddenly start trying to do things right. They followed people who, they assumed, knew what they were doing. Since the regime change, they're making sensible decisions.

But (if the last few years were a school year), I wouldn't continue to scold kids for fighting after they've behaved very well for the last term. I'd just warn them not to retreat to that past behaviour.

And if they had raped the teacher like venkys have us then what ?

In my opinion, yes. Innocent but naive and nonetheless complicit in our downfall ay the hands of Kean and 'an agent'.

I'd argue it was a combination of conscientious stupidity and flagrant arrogance. No matter how hoodwinked they were by the Dark Lord and his Bald Apprentice, a cursory look at the league table would've told them Kean clearly wasn't up to the job. How can they have been so blindly ignorant and deceived for so long? They were too proud to face up to their mistakes and listen to people who weren't part of their inner-circle. Anyone who didn't tow the party line and swear allegiance to Team Kean was duly shown the door, and by doing so ensured the club ended its 11 year love affair with the Premier League. 'Innocent' is certainly not a word I would use to describe Venky's part in our downfall.

Aye and in which case i am struggling to see how next year represents a better chance for us to get promoted than this year.

Its a bang average division this year (Burnley have done well so far but come on...hardly a top team) and 3 will come down with massive Parachutes.

It might become obvious at that point just how badly we have been managed as a club for the last 2 years to those that fail to see the obvious and put the spotlight on just how we did p1ss away our own parachute advantage.

There won't be a better chance than this year...look at the premiership this year. None of the teams are spectacularly weak. The weakest are Fulham...that's right, the club with a striker on loan to Monaco, Darren Bent and a history of over a decade in the top flight.

We have to go for it full-throttle this year...as we ourselves will be weaker next year...

And if they had burnt down the science block( last term) and your children were having their lessons in a bus shelter this term?

• Backroom

And if they had burnt down the science block( last term) and your children were having their lessons in a bus shelter this term?

Well they haven't burnt down Ewood Park, nor (Abbey) have they 'raped' anyone or anything. They've spunked money up the wall and have the debt secured against THEIR assets rather than the club's.

I think your uses of my analogy are a bit far-fetched. They are doing the exact opposite of what they did for 3 years. That's fine by me as long as they keep it that way.

Well they haven't burnt down Ewood Park, nor (Abbey) have they 'raped' anyone or anything. They've spunked money up the wall and have the debt secured against THEIR assets rather than the club's.

I think your uses of my analogy are a bit far-fetched. They are doing the exact opposite of what they did for 3 years. That's fine by me as long as they keep it that way.

I do take your point about my abuse of your metaphor, but I was trying to be a bit humorous...Maybe I didn't succeed.

However, I do think your response to mine and Abbey's post is unbelievably literal....almost to the level of "The curious incident of the dog in tje night time"!

Just look at the wanton damage to the legacy. Look at the disengagement of thousands of those previously loyal to the "brand". Look at the reputation damage. Look at the mindless substitution of an experienced manager with a complete...er...novice/clown/charlatan...pick your own noun. Look at the complete dumbing down.

The club has been pillaged, taken advantage of...used for personal ends of certain individuals, in complete disregard of what was in the club's interest. Hence, Abbey's choice of words.

Dave Lee Travesty has shown more ownership than the Venky's

They've spunked money up the wall and have the debt secured against THEIR assets rather than the club's.

Excuse me. Did I miss where this was confirmed as fact? Or that they intend to write off that money?

Other that 'Mike off of BRFCS said so'?

Thanks in advance.

They haven't been naughty school kids like you said either .

It's fine by you what's gone on , happening or will happen .. Why are people pro venky these days ?

We are on our arse , they've took us from 8 th. In prem to close to admin but hey ho .

They haven't been naughty school kids like you said either .

It's fine by you what's gone on , happening or will happen .. Why are people pro venky these days ?

We are on our arse , they've took us from 8 th. In prem to close to admin but hey ho .

Letting the days go by, well how did I get here - Talking heads

ooops sorry should have been in the music association thread

Some people will never get their heads around what has happened ABBEY

And some Yoda are happy to shove their heads in the sand and quite content to be back scuttled by the turds .

To right ABBEY

Back to the squealing thing and Deliverance again!

Nah, that's for the knuckle draggers down the road, thought you were a Rover

Mrs Desai January 2011 - ' Steve Kean is unsackable ! '

If the Rao's were simply naive and thought everything was above board ' how come everyone else was sackable !

I don't think they had the power to sack him at the time.

Now you have gone and done it!

:lol:

• Backroom

Excuse me. Did I miss where this was confirmed as fact? Or that they intend to write off that money?

Other that 'Mike off of BRFCS said so'?

Thanks in advance.

Best I can do is 'I thought Kamy had said as much in a podcast'. If you haven't heard it then I'm willing to admit I'm mistaken.

My point is that I suspect that they've understood their mistakes and are now quietly going about attempts to rectify it.

I wouldn't hate anyone who tries to put right their wrongs. Futile or otherwise. I don't hate them as much as I did but they have at least 2 more years of sensible decisions and BRFC still existing at the end of that time before I entertain the notion of considering them tolerable.

Until then I will criticise what they get wrong (been there, done that) and give credit where it's due. Quite why that needed such clarification, I'm not sure. I thought it was obvious what I initially meant :P

My point is that I suspect that they've understood their mistakes and are now quietly going about attempts to rectify it.

You want to know what I think?

I think that they thought they were simply putting up the collateral for their elite manager team of thinkers and family guys, and that all went belly up and now they are playing it by ear. I don't think they believe they think they've made any mistakes and probably feel they have been sold a pup. Perhaps - at a stretch - ok' Balaji is still partly interested, like I might be in Stanley's results, or league position but they are so stupidly wealthy, and potentially protected from the debt that they'll just leave things to tick over.

In all honest, I don't think Shelfie is a complete fool (God loves a trier) and even he probably sees the need to bring down wages.

I just wish they would be straight with us that they are steadying the ship - no-one would begrudge them for that - and I don't mean by spouting about it so as to be accused of lacking ambition and being negative - but don't come out with the bull of £50 for 2014/15 PL season tickets (oh no,I haven't forgotten, Degsy) and a "Join The Push For Promotion" campaign. Just be what we are: a mid table grafting club, trying to add a bit of flair.

Meanwhile behind the scenes I just hope that Venkys are courting a rich Bahraini looking for a bargain - and a comatose, rather than sleeping, former Lancashire Giant.

Me neither..... or indeed what went on before!!! Many who complain about the venkymob now were also complaining bitterly about the Walker Trust's tenure too, and some were even criticising the protestors who did have the ability to see the wood for the trees.

Archived