BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2013/14

A very revealing statement. Wont reflect very well on you on here and around these parts will it Wilpshire Blue?

Might be wrong but I though it was pre Jack Walker. If it was JW then he might have been Sir Jack mightn't he?

It was well before Jack's time. She visited Ewood, when Jim Smith was manager...Bill Fox's was chairman by then?

Oh, and sorry, thenodrog, but I would prefer Glenda Jackson's Blue and White Army!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A very revealing statement. Wont reflect very well on you on here and around these parts will it Wilpshire Blue?

Might be wrong but I though it was pre Jack Walker. If it was JW then he might have been Sir Jack mightn't he?

It was well before Jack's time. She visited Ewood, when Jim Smith was manager...Bill Fox's was chairman by then?

Oh, and sorry, thenodrog, but I would prefer Glenda Jackson's Blue and White Army!

It was William Bancroft

Maybe you would Leonard and no offence to your politics and to the harpie Ms Jackson but I'm quite happy as I am and wouldn't want to be now living in a third world country. :tu:

Listen pal you have done really well and i admire whats been done there on a shoestring compared to our shambolic p1ssing away of money.But the point i'm making is that the league this year isnt great-(and i'm more than aware of what that makes us residing in 10th!)

But by top team i mean someone who will breeze up and really cause a stir in the PL next year.

And whatever world famous striking duo you think Ings and Vokes are believe me fella you aint able to do anything like hold your own next year in the PL -oh hang on you havent got there yet have you???

Now nob off and get on your own Message board or can nobody write in Dinglesville?

Not sure I said we were there or that if we were we would tear it up. Nerve touched I guess but I do take your points.

Poor result for us today when I look at out next 3 fixtures. I'd expect us to have dropped to 4th by the time we rock up at Ewood.

Just been watching Sky sports news and just seen Alan Judge scoring two stunning goals for Brentford today in a 3-1 win for them. I actually thought at the start of the season he looked one of our better players but he just fell out of favour, shame really

I said on here in January that if Nottingham Forest signed a striker I thought them and Leicester would go up. And I think that those are the two that will go up Djebbour will score goals for goals for Forest, they are very good at the back with the likes Halford, Wilson, Hobbs and Lascelles and then you've got players like Paterson, Reid, Mackie, Cox and Henderson all contribute goals, assists and they work hard. Forest have gone unnoticed by the media who have been focusing on the top 4 but they are unbeaten in any competition since November and are only 6 points behind Burnley with a game in hand and still.

Just been watching Sky sports news and just seen Alan Judge scoring two stunning goals for Brentford today in a 3-1 win for them. I actually thought at the start of the season he looked one of our better players but he just fell out of favour, shame really

Too frail and too slow for top level unfortunately. A player can get by with either one but not both. Skilfull and with a good 'brain' and whenever I have seen him he has always put a hard working shift in.

Personally I'd have kept him in the hope that he could play the Dunny role in the hole rather than on the wing..... sounds like he might have done today.

• Moderation Lead

My thoughts exactly on Judge, thought he was unlucky here.

As for Forest, them and Wigan for me will be the teams to watch in the play-offs (assuming Wigan end up there).

• Backroom

My thoughts exactly on Judge, thought he was unlucky here.

As for Forest, them and Wigan for me will be the teams to watch in the play-offs (assuming Wigan end up there).

Agreed. Although, nothing to say he won't be basically replacing Dunn next season.

Maybe you would Leonard and no offence to your politics and to the harpie Ms Jackson but I'm quite happy as I am and wouldn't want to be now living in a third world country. :tu:

It's a matter of choosing between harpies, I guess. Anyway, never mind the politics, I enjoyed my Saturday for a change. There haven't been many in the last few years.I still haven't given up on Judge, though.

Labour had a chance to reverse the policies, it always intrigues me why they didn't,

(I know the answer really)

It's always seemed a strange defence to me that the other party didn't reverse what your favourites screwed up.

7 points of the play-offs now. It was over a long time ago, the hammer and nails are sitting next to the coffin.

WYR, I really hope you are a right to be so matter-of-fact about our chances next season. Personally, I think next season will be a lot, lot harder than this year.

7 points of the play-offs now. It was over a long time ago, the hammer and nails are sitting next to the coffin.

WYR, I really hope you are a right to be so matter-of-fact about our chances next season. Personally, I think next season will be a lot, lot harder than this year.

I was joking really !

Looks like 8/9 teams too good for us this season, top 6 plus Wigan/Brighton and maybe Watford, if we finish 10th it's

about were we should be with the squad/rookie manager we have IMO.

The summer should be very interesting, Rhodes gone ? new manager ? bust ?

I haven't a clue, it's all at the whim of a bunch of ' cricket loving ' Indians.

• Backroom

8/9 teams too good for us or a few teams and a few managers too good for us?

I still think swap a few managers round and certain teams would be far better or worse

No way burnley would be where they are with any of the managers we've had since Allardyce!

Let's hope the owners back us again next season we may have one last shot! Hate them all you will and with good reason but if they pull the plug then it's game over.

QPR completely a team of individuals and now it's showing. Funnily enough that was exactly what he lamented when he took over.

But then, it's never his fault is it?

Having seen QPR three times in recent weeks I think you are absolutely correct when you say a team of individuals. I would add to that there is a distinct lack of discipline and the manager looks disinterested. Potentially they are a bigger wreckage than us if they don't go up this time. The only crumb of comfort for us is that Gorks will be suspended for our match at Reading next week.

There will be plenty of twists and turns yet and you would never say never in football but I really think that the play-offs are a bridge too far for us now

Archived