BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2013/14

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I will hold a grudge against VENKYSCUM until the day I die and I hope the tale is told in 200 years time !!!

Yes, but will you still hold a grudge against Blackburn Rovers (as fans back then did) until the day you die?

Or just these owners?

People were still holding a grudge against the club 30 years later. Only in Blackburn ........

So your conclusion is that Blackburn fans are uniquely negative?

Remember that football has to compete with all sorts of other entertainment offerings, attendance is NOT compulsory. The Club has to give fans enough reasons to go. Its not and never has been the fans' fault.

So your conclusion is that Blackburn fans are uniquely negative?

Remember that football has to compete with all sorts of other entertainment offerings, attendance is NOT compulsory. The Club has to give fans enough reasons to go. Its not and never has been the fans' fault.

No, plenty of Burnley fans stopped going when Bob Lord cynically got rid of Jimmy McIlroy to Stoke.

I will hold a grudge against VENKYSCUM until the day I die and I hope the tale is told in 200 years time !!!

That's the spirit!! Pretty much my feelings, Abbey.

On a serious, emotional wellbeing note, I do need to think about what to do about this..how to channel the (righteous) anger. The truth is that I just don't know. I do know that the negative feelings won't do me any good etc. I know that I am in danger of boring any of my in laws who try and make casual conversation about Rovers. I think I have seen my kids roll their eyes-and they are Rover fans, for God's sake! I have said it before, but I am in danger of becoming Rovers' Michael Douglas in Falling Down....

So football is finally off the social agenda along with politics and religion...

I read a book about the RC Church, where the author says that all the wonderful( to Catholics) ritual, incense, pomp and ceremony of a papal visit merely acts as an anaesthetic to dampen down the concerns of its members about all they know is wrong with the church as an actual organisation...So... has my genuine appreciation of Bowyer's decency merely been a distraction? Hmmm

• Backroom

it was obvious what he said why try to stir it up

It was in relation to anyone who may still hold a grudge against the club after that FA Cup final. My uncle is one of them :/

My point wasn't trying to catch Abbey out, it was rhetorical. Basically agreeing with his sentiment as long as he doesn't hold the grudge against the club once they've gone.

Though personally, I'm 'okay at best' as long as Venkys stay as they are currently. Silent and letting Bowyer get on with it and letting sensible people run the club (I include Shaw in that only because I'm in a polite mood).

• Backroom

So your happy with the debt and losing money ? Baffling .

And here was me thinking the debt was being reduced, we had a team worth rooting for on the pitch and a decent group of backroom staff. My mistake.

No, I'm not happy we're losing money or in such heavy debt. But that Venkys are attempting to rectify that is to their credit. That doesn't mean I like them or the situation.

And here was me thinking the debt was being reduced, we had a team worth rooting for on the pitch and a decent group of backroom staff. My mistake.

No, I'm not happy we're losing money or in such heavy debt. But that Venkys are attempting to rectify that is to their credit. That doesn't mean I like them or the situation.

You've lost me there Mike.

Surely "losses" have been reduced, although many of our players are only out on loan. Debt will still be increasing won't it - to what kind of figure now........ £70m ish? What have you seen to suggest they are doing anything at all about the finances?

• Backroom

You've lost me there Mike.

Surely "losses" have been reduced, although many of our players are only out on loan. Debt will still be increasing won't it - to what kind of figure now........ £70m ish? What have you seen to suggest they are doing anything at all about the finances?

Correct den, that's what I meant. But surely reducing losses is 'doing something about the finances'?

I've seen them stick with a manager for a change (I'm sure sacking and hiring 3 lots of managers and coaches cost a bit).

I've seen them allow Bowyer a sensible budget (cheap/free players on championship wages, rather than millions on PL never-weres and Portugese never-will-bes).

I've seen them ask Bowyer (and Shaw) to trim the wage bill where possible (related to above).

I've seen them appoint a financial director who is used to working with pennies over pounds.

Surely all those are attempts to address the finances? Or perhaps people who are objecting to my post would prefer they go back to splashing the cash that could ultimately kill the club? I'd rather us spend years in the wilderness (my dad, grandad and uncles managed it, I'm sure I can) than not exist. Right now, I would swap them for a billionaire or even just the Rovers Trust et al. But that sentiment won't blind me from giving credit where it's due.

Venkys ? Credit ?

Are you sniffing lighter fuel pal or eating shrooms?

Think you've gone billy ballo pal.

We are on out arse and it's down to them pluckers

• Backroom

Venkys ? Credit ?

Are you sniffing lighter fuel pal or eating shrooms?

Think you've gone billy ballo pal.

We are on out arse and it's down to them pluckers

Correct, it's down to them. But they are at least trying to get it right and (imo) there are signs that we may be better all-round next season (even behind the scenes). I feel 'crying over spilt milk' is the phrase here. I'm trying to look forward to something more positive than wallow in the doldrums of the last 3 years.

Correct, it's down to them. But they are at least trying to get it right and (imo) there are signs that we may be better all-round next season (even behind the scenes). I feel 'crying over spilt milk' is the phrase here. I'm trying to look forward to something more positive than wallow in the doldrums of the last 3 years.

I think the doldrums would be several levels up on the last 3 years

Grieving and anger over what Venkys have done to our Club is "crying over spilt milk"???

102949541452164113_3wxML4q4_f-550x550.jp

I don't understand the plan here. Put aside the huge debt - let's assume they pay that off. We then have the monthly losses. I think it's a reasonable guess to assume these are still fairly significant. What are they trying to do? I'm certain they don't want to cover those forever being a lower league club and they really need to get us back into the pL. It's a fairly poor effort so far from owners who have the money to cover debts of around what...........£70m.

I don't understand the plan here. Put aside the huge debt - let's assume they pay that off. We then have the monthly losses. I think it's a reasonable guess to assume these are still fairly significant. What are they trying to do? I'm certain they don't want to cover those forever being a lower league club and they really need to get us back into the pL. It's a fairly poor effort so far from owners who have the money to cover debts of around what...........£70m.

Den, they haven't got a plan, they haven't got the brains to work a plan out.

Archived