BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2013/14

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had Derby not to lose on a 6 team acca today - only one to let me down for 220 quid.

Anyway Longers, it appears McClaren paid you the compliment of changing systems to flood midfield and go 1 up top. Were you comfortable prior to the sending off and how did you 4 match up to their 5?

...More like the realisation our proud unbeaten record against that lot at the cobbled end of the M65 may be about to disappear!!

:unsure:

Even if we do win or draw it won't be a proud record as it will go on for at least another season because with their win today Burnley are nailed on for the Premiership. And you can't really add on years for when they are in a league above us.

Great result for us today which all but assures us top 6 - also that is 6 points from 2 teams that have ambitions of dislodging us from the top 2 - the QPR result didn't do us any harm either!

Think you will just have to much to do now to get top 6, to many teams to overtake - oh and the Wigan express seems to be in full flow!

Set up nicely for Sunday - I'd be delighted to leave with a point.

Sunday's another game, another day Longsiders. I do detect a little smugness there though, but fair do's to you, you've always played fair on here. At the moment, we would all probably take a draw.

Some Championship thoughts:

Blackpool lost again. Heavily. I really think they're dependent on other teams being worse than them to survive - which they may well do, as none of the teams below are collecting points. They're still 8 points clear of relegation despite not having won in 16 games! Additionally how they think Ferguson is the managerial answer is beyond me but then I doubt too many of us are surprised by that. Another interesting point is that they only have 5 players contracted to them for next season - not sure if that's a good or bad thing for them, the way things are going.

Harry at QPR is in reputation saving mode again http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26402936 Hopefully, they won't go up and show that he's not all that as a manager. England may have had a lucky escape.

Some Championship thoughts:

Blackpool lost again. Heavily. I really think they're dependent on other teams being worse than them to survive - which they may well do, as none of the teams below are collecting points. They're still 8 points clear of relegation despite not having won in 16 games! Additionally how they think Ferguson is the managerial answer is beyond me but then I doubt too many of us are surprised by that. Another interesting point is that they only have 5 players contracted to them for next season - not sure if that's a good or bad thing for them, the way things are going.

Harry at QPR is in reputation saving mode again http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26402936 Hopefully, they won't go up and show that he's not all that as a manager. England may have had a lucky escape.

I don't know, I wouldn't say Woy Boy was any better,

Even if we do win or draw it won't be a proud record as it will go on for at least another season because with their win today Burnley are nailed on for the Premiership. And you can't really add on years for when they are in a league above us.

Wash your keyboard out

Why ? The date remains the same ????

Bolton 3 up away to Leeds - they're certainly on form at the minute!

Barnsley up against Forrest, Brighton up against Reading and Boro up against Ipswich..

Results are going as much as they can for us :rock:

Millwall now up against Derby!

Bolton's demolition of a local 'rival' last week might just have ignited their season at just the right time.

Let's hope we can have a similar experience tomorrow! :rover:

:unsure:

It doesn't matter really if Burnley win lose or draw tomorrow with the run in they have they are now an absolute certainty to go up with Leicester.

around this time last year bolton went on a 6 or 7 game winning streak. went very close to playoffs. think they are doing it again

No chance of them getting near the playoffs they are 13 points behind Wigan who have played 2 games fewer as well.

It doesn't matter really if Burnley win lose or draw tomorrow with the run in they have they are now an absolute certainty to go up with Leicester.

thats what they said about us around about this stage of the season in '91. We went on an awful streak and just about sneaked into the play offs in sixth place.

Archived