BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2013/14

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Norbert

Nothing shifty there, just Oyston being a proper owner of many businesses. He is perfectly entitled to do it.

At least that will be Gordon's reply.

Nothing shifty there, just Oyston being a proper owner of many businesses. He is perfectly entitled to do it.

There was a crooked man, and he walked a crooked mile.

He found a crooked sixpence upon a crooked stile.

He bought a crooked cat, which caught a crooked mouse.

And they all lived together in a little crooked house.

I was looking at the league table. That last win really does give us an outside chance But its still tough.

What did shock me is how much QPR are dropping. Last 4 games DLLL. Next two games they need to win home to Leeds away Birmingham. Lose both or draw and lose they would be under real pressure with away at Brighton to follow. Their April fixtures include away to us, Bournemouth, Leicester Home to Forest. They should still be ok but losing to Charlton must have been a real shock.

I can't see Forest dropping out of it -just seem to solid a team. But if they lose to Wigan....

I think we have a chance of catching Reading - just feel they are to up and down.

Wigan worry me seem to be hitting form at the right time.

Next couple of games really could make a difference to how the play offs look. Could get very interesting for a lot of teams.

Business end of the season now. Playing teams at the bottom will be no picnic as they fight tooth and nail for survival and anybody in the top 10 fighting for points to get in/stay in the top 6.

Best time of the season - assuming you haven't already effectively settled for mid table.

Very true. Just looked at your fixture's got some tough ones this month. Beat derby us and Leicester and you looking good. Lose them and could be interesting. Couple of teams fighting to avoid drop thrown in!

Mind you better for you and us. Thought it would be just mid table at best for both teams.

If we win away at Bolton could be two teams facing each other full of confidence in the next game! Have the feeling its going to be a tough hard fought game for both teams. We are a better team than when we played you last!

Very true. Just looked at your fixture's got some tough ones this month. Beat derby us and Leicester and you looking good. Lose them and could be interesting. Couple of teams fighting to avoid drop thrown in!

Mind you better for you and us. Thought it would be just mid table at best for both teams.

If we win away at Bolton could be two teams facing each other full of confidence in the next game! Have the feeling its going to be a tough hard fought game for both teams. We are a better team than when we played you last!

You'll need to be ;-)

Every fixture is tough. We've lost 3 all season so I'd be amazed to lose those 3 - that isn't to say we will win them all either. I'd take 3 points from Derby and one from you right now. Derby are currently our nearest rivals so beating them is, to me, more important than beating you. I'd rather win both of course. After the next 2 we have a 'decent' set of games before Leicester. No game in this division is a gimme but I think we'd all rather face Birmingham et al than Leicester right now!

This season has by far exceeded all my expectations so what ever happens now is a huge bonus - ending 'that run' would definitely be a lovely little cherry on top though.

We can also do you a favour at the end of the season as we have Wigan and Reading in our last three fixtures!

You'll need to be ;-)

Every fixture is tough. We've lost 3 all season so I'd be amazed to lose those 3 - that isn't to say we will win them all either. I'd take 3 points from Derby and one from you right now. Derby are currently our nearest rivals so beating them is, to me, more important than beating you. I'd rather win both of course. After the next 2 we have a 'decent' set of games before Leicester. No game in this division is a gimme but I think we'd all rather face Birmingham et al than Leicester right now!

This season has by far exceeded all my expectations so what ever happens now is a huge bonus - ending 'that run' would definitely be a lovely little cherry on top though.

We can also do you a favour at the end of the season as we have Wigan and Reading in our last three fixtures!

The next time you do us a favour will be the first time.

Dodgy those Oystons over the years but anyone who puts their money with their mouth is and gets Blackpool from the 3rd to the 2nd to the Prem whilst completely developing Bloomfield Road fit to last another 50 years in the process deserves some finacial reward for their efforts? Else why on Earth ever buy such a business in the first place Norbert? :huh:

Guest Norbert

So you'd be OK with the Raos taking £11m out of our accounts to prop up Balaji's latest Bollywood venture, despite claiming it's just being used to safeguard the club's future?

He has run the club well in the sense that he has not risked doing a Leeds, and gambled it all on reaching a certain level, but the Oyston's are dodgy and these lies and disappearing money are a bit iffy.

So you'd be OK with the Raos taking £11m out of our accounts to prop up Balaji's latest Bollywood venture, despite claiming it's just being used to safeguard the club's future?

He has run the club well in the sense that he has not risked doing a Leeds, and gambled it all on reaching a certain level, but the Oyston's are dodgy and these lies and disappearing money are a bit iffy.

You are lucky voldermort is not his agent

'our accounts'??? How many shares do you hold Norbert? If the answer is none then effectively you are just a paying customer. BUT if they had taken us from the 2nd Div and got us to the Prem gravy train and had redeveloped the ground along the way then they damned well deserve a big slice of that booty.

QPR Vs Leeds today on Sky. Who would have thought it? Their fans needn't buy season tickets despite being in the Championship!

I was just thinking the same thing before I read your post. It must be QPR's fourth live TV game in a short space of time. Sky have backed the wrong horse again with that lot playing Derby and Forest playing Wigan. The media in general still seem to have an unhealthy obsession with Redknapp but the majority of football people can see he is a busted flush.

Great result for us today which all but assures us top 6 - also that is 6 points from 2 teams that have ambitions of dislodging us from the top 2 - the QPR result didn't do us any harm either!

Think you will just have to much to do now to get top 6, to many teams to overtake - oh and the Wigan express seems to be in full flow!

Set up nicely for Sunday - I'd be delighted to leave with a point.

Great result for us today which all but assures us top 6 - also that is 6 points from 2 teams that have ambitions of dislodging us from the top 2 - the QPR result didn't do us any harm either!

Think you will just have to much to do now to get top 6, to many teams to overtake - oh and the Wigan express seems to be in full flow!

Set up nicely for Sunday - I'd be delighted to leave with a point.

Longsiders, I like reading your posts, acknowledge begrudgingly what a great season Burnley are having but enough's enough. @#/? off

Archived