BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2013/14

Not at all but no way I can support the idea with Rovers on the end (despite the fact that Burnley's earliest incarnation was as Burnley Rovers!)

No idea. You might be surprised to hear but they did spend a chunk of the PL money from the last promotion on the ground and especially gawthorpe. Nowhere near enough though. My hope is they'll forget the grand ideas about a new cricket field stand and look to improve what is there - I'd have thought 10 million would be enough to improve the BL and Cricket field considerably. As you know the trouble is you get there and suddenly players want silly money and it nearly all ends up going on wages etc. That said promotion is still a long long way from assured, Ings limped out on Wednesday and we've nothing firm on his condition as yet. One game at a time is the mantra, Leeds saturday on the back of some shocking results - we do have a habit of helping these teams end their shocking runs!

I think you would be better off starting from scratch, how about a new stadium nearer Accy, 20k capacity.

Burnley Stanley AFC.

Sorted !

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not at all but no way I can support the idea with Rovers on the end (despite the fact that Burnley's earliest incarnation was as Burnley Rovers!)

No idea. You might be surprised to hear but they did spend a chunk of the PL money from the last promotion on the ground and especially gawthorpe. Nowhere near enough though. My hope is they'll forget the grand ideas about a new cricket field stand and look to improve what is there - I'd have thought 10 million would be enough to improve the BL and Cricket field considerably. As you know the trouble is you get there and suddenly players want silly money and it nearly all ends up going on wages etc. That said promotion is still a long long way from assured, Ings limped out on Wednesday and we've nothing firm on his condition as yet. One game at a time is the mantra, Leeds saturday on the back of some shocking results - we do have a habit of helping these teams end their shocking runs!

Keep your powder dry....Brockhall might easily be coming up for sale soon, and there can only be you lot and Nob end in for it and so long as Hemmings doesn't get involved you should get it for a song.

Just about hanging on in there for the final play-off spot there. Mainly due to Forest's horror run that they are on at the moment, which has given everybody else a sniff. They were miles in front only 4 or 5 games ago. Wigan do look very good at the moment, but perhaps the distraction of the cup may effect them toward the end of the season. Just typical that prick Best missed a pen against them, only for Wigan to go and snatch a late winner-could have done with them dropping points!

In we can somehow get ourselves into a position of having to beat Wigan on the final day for the final play-off spot, I think thats the best that we can do. Still, there are 30 odd points to play for in this crazy division and im sure plenty of twists and turn-so God knows what could have from now till May!

I could never in a million years imagine the two sets of fans in Ewood Park on Sunday sat in the same terrace, supporting the same team. That Burnley, Blackburn hatred won't go away and if it does it would take generations.

edit: sorry for double post.

That old chestnut again. Never would get anybody from Blackburn or Burnley.

Most Blackburn folk will have Burnley on their birth certificates pretty soon. If Burnley somehow get 10 years in the PL (although unlikely) we might have a lot of 'birth rights' being claimed!

Most Blackburn folk will have Burnley on their birth certificates pretty soon. If Burnley somehow get 10 years in the PL (although unlikely) we might have a lot of 'birth rights' being claimed!

I'm told that so many Blackburn people are driving over to Preston to have their babies that babies born in Burnley have the option for their parents to put "Lancashire" on their birth certificates.

I can't understand your problem, we are forced to drive to Blackburn for sub standard care in every other area of hospital services!

On the football, another topsy turvy week in the championship. Leicester looking like champions. Your win must give you some hope, especially as only Wigan seem able to consistently win. With Rhodes back in the scoring groove you must feel you've still got a sniff of top 6. Just maybe there's 2 more Derby games to come.

I can't understand your problem, we are forced to drive to Blackburn for sub standard care in every other area of hospital services!

That's got to be tongue firmly in cheek Longers, even from you.

Born in Burnley.... died in Blackburn. Andy Payton wont be the only one to qualify for that as his epitaph soon will he? ^_^

It half was Al. Nothing to do with Blackburn itself but they have made a right mess of local NHS services by centralising most of it in that new hospital. I've had the misfortune of having a few relatives in there and frankly it is a shambles. I know many people who have not got a good word to say about the services - and I can't believe the people of Blackburn are not finding the same.

Now let me be clear again - I'm not blaming Blackburn or the people thereof - had they done the same and based it in Burnley it would still be shambolic - in fact I'm convinced a lot of what is going on is criminal! It is poorly run, staff seem demoralised etc. etc.

Yep theno - including my mother and sister, god rest their souls. I'm hoping to die at home to avoid that ignominy - though I was actually born at home in Nelson so I guess I wouldn't qualify anyway :rock:

• Backroom

I'm told that so many Blackburn people are driving over to Preston to have their babies that babies born in Burnley have the option for their parents to put "Lancashire" on their birth certificates.

Joking aside my son was born in burnley pre being able to put east Lancashire on the birth certificate and when 'push' came to shove I couldn't care one iota.

The facilities at burnley are second to none and the staff were fantastic through some scary times and I wouldn't think twice about going there again seriously I can't say enough good things about it. The real joke of it is when we were in someone had serious difficulties giving birth she was rushed to Blackburn hospital post birth whilst her newborn was in ICU at Burnley so the husband was between the two!

On the football side of it I've long accepted they are up and have a begrudging respect for the way they have done it, last week hurt but it's history now I'm looking forward to trying to emulate their success next season.

Nobody gave burnley a shot pre season and it shows anyone with a solid team a good manager and some consistency can get out of this league, sadly it's fair play to them let them enjoy their day in the sun we will have ours again someday I just hope it's soon enough!

Joking aside my son was born in burnley pre being able to put east Lancashire on the birth certificate and when 'push' came to shove I couldn't care one iota.

The facilities at burnley are second to none and the staff were fantastic through some scary times and I wouldn't think twice about going there again seriously I can't say enough good things about it. The real joke of it is when we were in someone had serious difficulties giving birth she was rushed to Blackburn hospital post birth whilst her newborn was in ICU at Burnley so the husband was between the two!

On the football side of it I've long accepted they are up and have a begrudging respect for the way they have done it, last week hurt but it's history now I'm looking forward to trying to emulate their success next season.

Nobody gave burnley a shot pre season and it shows anyone with a solid team a good manager and some consistency can get out of this league, sadly it's fair play to them let them enjoy their day in the sun we will have ours again someday I just hope it's soon enough!

That sums up part of the problem. I'm not sure just how much thought they gave to have difficult the travelling can be. At certain times the roads are very busy and for some people you are looking at over a 30 mile round trip for routine appointments or to visit people who are in the hospital.

I didn't give us a prayer - part of what has made it such an enjoyable season whatever the finale is. The Team and manager have been superb. That said not looking great on the Ings front so we may be limping towards the finish line now with some big games to come - could really do with Wednesday doing us a favour this week - we also really need to win our next 2 before Leicester rock up! Still a lot of games to be played and still feel QPR will catch us.

Here's hoping indeed. Just looking at the table I would reckon that B***ley only probably need to win 3 of their last 10 games to go up in the top 2. With the inconsistencies of the chasing pack it could be less than that as only Wigan are in any sort of form and they are a mile behind. Can't see them blowing it but let's keep saying that and hope we can jinx it.

Archived