BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2013/14

Cant see us making the playoffs. We can get above Brighton, Ipswich and Forest (are in free fall with their injuries). Catching Reading would be a miracle - their fixture list is much easier on paper than ours. Even if we were closer points wise that fixture list would give them a much better chance.

We in my view have lost key players at bad times through injury. In reality to have had any chance we needed better luck with injuries for the last third of the season.

How about if we had appointed a proper manager in July ?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was struck by a comment from Steve Claridge on the football league show last night. In amongst the usual banality he was asked whether we would be caught and his answer was 'you are asking them to lose more games in the last 9 games than they've lost in the previous 37' I guess it puts some perspective on it.

Games are beginning to run out for those chasing us.

In terms of the play offs, whether we are in them or not, I can't see beyond Wigan right now maybe except their other distractions becoming a problem.

very shocked by Forest doing so poor with that squad he has there.

wouldn't shocked me if Billy Davies is sack this week. Warnock has been putting his name forward to the forest owners. source on this Alan Nixon and few Forest fans on twitter aswell who has heard the same

See, this is what I don't understand.

It would be 'acceptable', or at least expected, for Forest to sack an experienced manager like Davies but it is unthinkable for Bowyer to be replaced.

Gadzooks.

See, this is what I don't understand.

It would be 'acceptable', or at least expected, for Forest to sack an experienced manager like Davies but it is unthinkable for Bowyer to be replaced.

Gadzooks.

Think its more a case of people being a bit nervous, as we all saw what happened with the last 2 managers. I Wi keep on repeating this, but I like Bowyer, but if an experienced manager came along, I would look to get that guy in with Bowyer staying on in some sort of capacity. Whether he would want to stay is another matter.

In terms of the play offs, whether we are in them or not, I can't see beyond Wigan right now maybe except their other distractions becoming a problem.

You can never tell with the play offs take last year as an example going into them Palace had only won 1 of there previous 10 games (1 in 11 if you include the 1st leg draw at home to Brighton) but they still won them. Anyone of the teams that finish in the play offs are capable of beating each other that why they are so exciting.

very shocked by Forest doing so poor with that squad he has there.

wouldn't shocked me if Billy Davies is sack this week. Warnock has been putting his name forward to the forest owners. source on this Alan Nixon and few Forest fans on twitter aswell who has heard the same

Replace one obnoxious twot with another? What have Forest fans done to deserve that?

I must say that Billy Davies has had a good career BUT the minute a situation sours he's out on his ear asap. He must go out of his way to be really aggravating to his bosses. 'Small man syndrome'?

I was struck by a comment from Steve Claridge on the football league show last night. In amongst the usual banality he was asked whether we would be caught and his answer was 'you are asking them to lose more games in the last 9 games than they've lost in the previous 37' I guess it puts some perspective on it.

Games are beginning to run out for those chasing us.

I'm afraid you're going up Longsider. You're just going to have to cope with it as best you can!

• Backroom

Davies being sacked is a funny one

Given the choice I'd have Davies over Warnock anyway (and probably Davies over Bowyer to be fair)

To be fair Davies and Warnock both have decent records at this level - but I think Warnock has achieved more promotions to the PL whilst BD tends to be a 'get them in the play offs' manager?

I know when Coyle went I really wanted us to go for Warnock. He was at Palace but they had all sorts of financial troubles and I suspect all parties would have been happy to do the deal. Instead we made the most bizarre and spectacularly bad appointment in our clubs history - one that it seemed everybody apart from the board could see was destined to fail. At least with Bond he had a track record of success.

On the Cellino/Leeds thing - I await the legal challenge. We all know that in truth the league and FA have no desire, wish or stomach to actually do anything about the ownership situation and I imagine this will end up being little more than a token gesture.

Football league has vetoed Cellini's takeover bid at Leeds...if only Venkeys hadn't paid the taxes on one of their posh cars before they bought us!

It was the FA's responsibility at the time and they did FA

Football league has vetoed Cellini's takeover bid at Leeds...if only Venkeys hadn't paid the taxes on one of their posh cars before they bought us!

Whilst Italy's taxation system is most probably 'flawed' to accommodate certain customs I doubt the Indians even bother with one..... in fact it's probably voluntary. ^_^

Davies out, Warnock in?

The Championship never ceases to amaze me. Forest we're flying a few weeks ago, now he deserves the sack? And the Warnock appointment is a strange one too.

Talk about splitting opinion! That last playoff place in certainly up for grabs! Good day to be a Reading, Brighton or Ipswich fan!

Henry Winter@henrywinter17 mins

Billy Davies sacked. No sympathy. Charmless man. Hope #nffc fortunes lift now. Looking forward to going back there to cover games again

If Henry Winter comes out with something like that then it's a safe bet that Davies is a wrong un. Most unlike him.

Henry Winter‏@henrywinter17 mins

Billy Davies sacked. No sympathy. Charmless man. Hope #nffc fortunes lift now. Looking forward to going back there to cover games again

If Henry Winter comes out with something like that then it's a safe bet that Davies is a wrong un. Most unlike him.

You're not kidding.. It's like Mother Theresa telling you to F..off!

Henry Winter‏@henrywinter17 mins

spot on. seeing some of the comments coming from Forest fans on twitter seems alot want him gone. he wont to speak to the media before games for some reason and didnt even speak to the media after the 5-0 loss to Derby. seems like hes lost the plot and got a massive ego.

spot on. seeing some of the comments coming from Forest fans on twitter seems alot want him gone. he wont to speak to the media before games for some reason and didnt even speak to the media after the 5-0 loss to Derby. seems like hes lost the plot and got a massive ego.

Would fit in well with the Raos

Archived