BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2013/14

I would imagine (hope?) that a new contract is high on the agenda but until we know what league we are in I guess serious conversations cannot take place. Once promotion was confirmed I would have it as my first job to get done and I'd offer him lots of money - guaranteed subject to him staying perhaps, some form of loyalty payments?

Whether they would or not is another question but they've had fair warning with Coyle so if they don't they've only themselves to blame.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It gets mighty hot in the Prem kitchen remember.

They have a mighty fine chef apparently Theno - does his own soup ( think this adds to the apparent camaraderie they have in the club at moment)

All things considered , although likely to follow the scenario you insinuate does anybody know Dyches'thinking - he may be more loyal than you think and want to build on whta he has.

I would imagine (hope?) that a new contract is high on the agenda but until we know what league we are in I guess serious conversations cannot take place. Once promotion was confirmed I would have it as my first job to get done and I'd offer him lots of money - guaranteed subject to him staying perhaps, some form of loyalty payments?

Whether they would or not is another question but they've had fair warning with Coyle so if they don't they've only themselves to blame.

Sounds the right thing to do. In my opinion (and you can correct me if I'm wrong as I've seen little of Burnley) is that Dyche is streets ahead of Coyle. With a much weaker squad (on paper) he's achieving promotion much more comfortably.

Yes, he's had luck with injuries on a scale I have never seen or heard of before in football. But even taking that into consideration, keeping those players fitness and performance levels up week in, week out is scarily impressive. And anyone who has Tracey as his "option" on the bench to change things, yet can get in the top 6 has to be worthy of admiration.

Couple of questions, which may be interesting in light of our managerial stick or twist dilemma:

Did he look this good last season, or has he clearly learned from mistakes/changed things about?

How much of a rebuild has he done, in the time frame he's had? As in how much change has there been.

He won't win the award for manager of the year. It'll go to Pearson at Leicester. Stupid really, but that's how it works.

He's oceans ahead of Coyle - he was all about motivation with minimal tactical nous, this guy has both.

In answer to your questions:

1. With hindsight yes but at the time I don't think many thought so (me included). He came into a team that was shipping around 3 goals a game and, without any new players coming in, changed that within 2 weeks - and then by Feb had us so solid that we haven't lost a game at home since! At times it was functional but needs must. Tactically he's very good, mixes it up, goes long when needed, plays it to feet when it is the right things to do - one thing that never changes is the work rate - hardest working team I've ever seen us have!

2. Squad wise it has been minimal - has had to be he's had no cash. But he's cleverly filled holes with players that few other teams in the league, let alone the top half, wanted. Players like Arfield who was released buy Huddersfield and of course Jones. Behind the scenes I understand the fitness, diet and training regimes are beyond recognition and he's certainly built a camaraderie amongst the squad.

Given the chance I think he could well go on to be a top drawer manager. As to Pearson will get manager of the year - probably but with the money he's had I'm not sure he would genuinely deserve it ahead of Dyche or Gray. Of course that assumes Leicester win the league - if I don't accept that we can't/won't be caught then Leicester are not beyond being caught by us either - being as they are, 10 points ahead of us, the same as the distance between us and 3rd!

Didn't mention this at the time Longsider but you didn't come crowing on here after your victory. Touch of class that.

If the result have gone the other way I wouldn't have been crowing either. I'll leave that to the guys who feel they need to. I suspect not many of them played at much of a level anyway. I know quite a few Burnley fans living in Rochdale and it's always the non players who shout their mouths off. The guys I played against and with know there's a fine line between success and failure.

Thing with Coyle if memory serves is you were already in a tailspin when he left. It is quote possible the same will happen with Dyche. Looks to me like his success is built on hard work, close down the opposition. The prem has players of quality enough to exploit the gaps left as you go harrie so how will he adapt. Be interesting. Probably a standard fast start followed by the customary slide. Anyway good luck to you.

If the result have gone the other way I wouldn't have been crowing either. I'll leave that to the guys who feel they need to. I suspect not many of them played at much of a level anyway. I know quite a few Burnley fans living in Rochdale and it's always the non players who shout their mouths off. The guys I played against and with know there's a fine line between success and failure.

Well you're a good guy too!

• Backroom

Anyway looking like we've lost Ings and Trippier for a couple of weeks or so. As suspected, all the talk of promotion is very premature!

Win today and your laughing, lose and you'll 90% still go up but people may start looking at derby again a bit nervous after today

4-0 to Derby. We did well to take 2 points off these world beaters :tu:

Though I do recall we took 0 from Forest :unsure:

Still 30mins to go.

Forest are really struggling with injuries, so whilst Derby are good and in form the result is a tad misleading, as Forest are in a weakened state at the moment.

Anyway looking like we've lost Ings and Trippier for a couple of weeks or so. As suspected, all the talk of promotion is very premature!

Seem to be coping ok. I see you've brought Baird in to cover at right back. Am really surprised we didn't go for him, either before he went to, or after his release from Reading.

very shocked by Forest doing so poor with that squad he has there.

wouldn't shocked me if Billy Davies is sack this week. Warnock has been putting his name forward to the forest owners. source on this Alan Nixon and few Forest fans on twitter aswell who has heard the same

• Moderation Lead

very shocked by Forest doing so poor with that squad he has there.

wouldn't shocked me if Billy Davies is sack this week. Warnock has been putting his name forward to the forest owners. source on this Alan Nixon and few Forest fans on twitter aswell who has heard the same

Fancy that? ;)

They've got a ridiculous amount of injuries at the minute have Forest, saying that, Billy Davies looks to be cracking up, and a 5-0 loss at their local rivals is never good news...

Cant see us making the playoffs. We can get above Brighton, Ipswich and Forest (are in free fall with their injuries). Catching Reading would be a miracle - their fixture list is much easier on paper than ours. Even if we were closer points wise that fixture list would give them a much better chance.

We in my view have lost key players at bad times through injury. In reality to have had any chance we needed better luck with injuries for the last third of the season.

Archived