BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2013/14

There is also a transcript of it here. Quite hard to follow in parts because of cellino's strong Italian accent and he also says at one point that he's drunk.

http://shrib.com/1Nsnde17

just looked at the transcript, and when in the transcript it says "I'm drunk," to me he say's on the audio "what's wrong" but agree hard to listen to because of the accent

He certainly talks a good game , bet there's a few on the gravy train at Leeds hoping he doesn't arrive ,

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Vokes out for the season and Ings still out at the moment

Luckily for burnley it would take a miracle for anyone to catch them now especially with teams not taking their chances to Close the substantial gap

Vokes out for the season and Ings still out at the moment

Luckily for burnley it would take a miracle for anyone to catch them now especially with teams not taking their chances to Close the substantial gap

Devon Loch anyone :D

Fingers crossed :tu:

That's what we've had all season. It's always the guys in form that get injured and they come in bunches. You don't lose one centre half or one striker you lose them both at the same time ! I think you're far enough in front to stagger over the line but the Watford away game will be massive. Get a win or a draw and things are fine , lose and it'll start getting interesting. Wigan missing that last minute pen and QPR only drawing at home have done you a favour. I could be wrong but going off Vokes's demeanour that looked like it might be a bad knee injury.

Any thoughts on Leicester's second goal ? I thought the ref was making up for missing the pull back on the Leicester striker in the first half.

Vokes done his ACL, long term lay off which was what it always looked like. Might have to promote a youth striker.

On Leicesters second, could have been a touch of evening up but we didn't complain much and the result was fair.

Big question now is can we scab enough draws and the odd win to get over the line. Solid defence, even with Leicesters dominance our keepers only real work was picking the ball out of the net twice from their only shots on target - oddly we had more shots on and off than they did!

QPR must be seeing this as a massive chance for them, can see them really stepping up their game over next seven games.

• Backroom

I thought I was a pessimist but you take it to the next level longers

Effectively a 10 point gap with just 7 games left, you'd have to lose the majority of your games and them win them to it even be close

If they had won at weekend I could see some nerves setting in but they don't look capable of stringing a few wins together.

Your brilliant results against the likes of Derby and QPR at home along with real consistency has set you up so you can cope with the injuries, Dyche has worked miracles and it would be ludicrous if he didn't get manager of the year

Stuff the nicy nicy stuff ... Longers I hope you lose every game and balls the play offs up as well .

How nasty is that??? Poor longsiders seems a thoroughly nice chap and is going through proper turmoil!

...............Must say it'd be well funny though Abbs. Right up there with Martin Buchan legging it, April Fools Day and the motley crew of clapped out bangers and ancient double ceckers plus the ludicrous excesses of John Bond! We'd live off that for years! :tu:

How nasty is that??? Poor longsiders seems a thoroughly nice chap and is going through proper turmoil!

...............Must say it'd be well funny though Abbs. Right up there with Martin Buchan legging it, April Fools Day and the motley crew of clapped out bangers and ancient double ceckers plus the ludicrous excesses of John Bond! We'd live off that for years! :tu:

Has he got turmoil written on his forehead yet

Vokes done his ACL, long term lay off which was what it always looked like. Might have to promote a youth striker.

On Leicesters second, could have been a touch of evening up but we didn't complain much and the result was fair.

Big question now is can we scab enough draws and the odd win to get over the line. Solid defence, even with Leicesters dominance our keepers only real work was picking the ball out of the net twice from their only shots on target - oddly we had more shots on and off than they did!

QPR must be seeing this as a massive chance for them, can see them really stepping up their game over next seven games.

In answer to your question. Yes, you'll be able to stagger across the line. If this had all happened a few weeks back I'd have said no. Your run of luck with injuries had to end some time, you're lucky it won't cost you. Another point is none of the chasing pack have shown any real consistency, ourselves included.

We've had that level of injuries almost since day one. I don't think we've been able to play our best eleven at any point in the season. That's why we still don't know what our best eleven is.

Longsiders as much as I really hate to say it but cant see even you guys botching it up now. Saying that if you lost next two games and QPR win then panic might set it. Cant see it though.

I cant believe the luck you guys have had with injuries this season. Its enabled your manager to really be able to work on the organisation of the team. Being able to pick from the same players week in week out has helped massively (well it does when you have a good manager).

You need to go up this season because the chances of another season with that low a number of injuries aint great.

Looking at Burnley's remaining fixtures - there is still a chance they could implode. The only teams they play outside the top half are Barnsley and Blackpool - and both are away from home. If they lost a couple on the bounce - their confidence could suffer - and you never know !

Having said that - I doubt any of the chasing pack could put together the run needed to catch them up - even if they do falter.

Stuff the nicy nicy stuff ... Longers I hope you lose every game and balls the play offs up as well .

Youknow most of us old timers are wantin it. I was wantin it a month ago. Key is what it does to em mentally too.

Looking at Burnley's remaining fixtures - there is still a chance they could implode. The only teams they play outside the top half are Barnsley and Blackpool - and both are away from home. If they lost a couple on the bounce - their confidence could suffer - and you never know !

Having said that - I doubt any of the chasing pack could put together the run needed to catch them up - even if they do falter.

This Saturday is a big one- Watford away. Who are we playing ? I've forgotten.

Mentality won't be an issue, Dyche has got them all in exactly the right place. Whether we've enough quality left to pick up the results time will tell.

Just for the record I've been told we are in a false position, we haven't played anybody, we are lucky, we'll fade and then finally it's because we've had no injuries. Is it fair to say now, in the event we do hold on, we've simply deserved it?

Archived