BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2013/14

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunderland will struggle if they go down, they have a lot of out of contract players and have already said that they have to cut the wage bill if they go down. West Brom are always a threat at this level, Fulham would struggle for the same reasons as Sunderland, Norwich would depend on who they appoint as manager. And I also think that Cardiff I would struggle.

Sunderland will struggle next season cos they are going to have massive clear out of players and cutting a massive wage bill there. Bardsley and Colback have already said they are leaving there. can see most of Sunderland starting 11 yesterday going and some of the bench aswell.

I think Norwich will be coming down. a lot will depend on who their appoint as the next manager. names being mention in the papers are Neil Lennon, Mackay(depending on when his payoff from Cardiff will be sorted) and Sherwood(if he does leave Spurs). Also depending on which players leave aswell. but could be strong team tho.

I don't think Cardiff will be strong next season at all.

I think Wolves will be mid table team next season.

I believe Cardiff will walk this league if they come down, Fulham will easily make the play-offs and sunderland have a manager who knows this league and still have a better squad, with or without certain players, than most teams in this league, add qpr or wigan or both, brighton and a few others, it will be very hard for rovers to get another chance like this season, I don't think the championship will be as forgiving next season!!

I believe Cardiff will walk this league if they come down, Fulham will easily make the play-offs and sunderland have a manager who knows this league and still have a better squad, with or without certain players, than most teams in this league, add qpr or wigan or both, brighton and a few others, it will be very hard for rovers to get another chance like this season, I don't think the championship will be as forgiving next season!!

why will Cardiff walk this league then??? manager who doesn't know the league and will los some key players aswell like Mutch, Marshall, Campbell

don't think Fulham will come down. Norwich are looking likely

Sunderland will lose around 20 players this summer. so doubt there will be strong at all.

If QPR don't go up, I think Redknapp will walk away from them or be sack from the job.

fair enough chaddy but qpr can bring someone else in who would be just as high up, mackay for example, they still have a quality squad and just need someone to get them organised (a bit like with rovers) except our squad is nowhere near as good as theirs, Cardiff will still have the nucleus of a strong squad, including players that got them up the last time, how do you Campbell wont be there next season? Norwich will also be strong contenders, they have a load of grafters and some quality players too

why will Cardiff walk this league then??? manager who doesn't know the league and will los some key players aswell like Mutch, Marshall, Campbell

don't think Fulham will come down. Norwich are looking likely

Sunderland will lose around 20 players this summer. so doubt there will be strong at all.

If QPR don't go up, I think Redknapp will walk away from them or be sack from the job.

How do you know that Mutch, Marshall and Campbell will leave. How do you know Sunderland will lose around 20 players?

Norwich have a lot of players that have done very well in this league before. Snodgrass, Redmond, Johnson, Ruddy, Martin etc.

I presume Olsson will get booed like Hoilett when he returns because he also gave up for a season.

Mutch, Campbell and Marshall have been their best players this season. can see other PL coming in for them West Ham have been linked Marshall. was in a couple of national newspapers this morning was the story

Poyet has said a week ago that if Sunderland go down then there will be massive changes there. Bardsley and Colback have said they are leaving. same with Westwood aswell. plus have nine players out of contract this summer and 5 loan players that will be sent back. that's 14 players so far. how are Sunderland going to pay players on massive wages like Fletcher, Johnson, Brown, O'Shea, Cattlemore, etc. they will have to sell them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2602622/Bardsley-Colback-quit-Sunderland-Poyet-pulls-great-escape.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/sunderland-transfer-news-black-cats-3380112

If Norwich come down. a lot will depend on who they appointed as the next manager. I expect Snodgrass, Redmond and Johnson to have PL clubs chasing them and to leave.

Mutch, Campbell and Marshall have been their best players this season. can see other PL coming in for them West Ham have been linked Marshall. was in a couple of national newspapers this morning was the story

Poyet has said a week ago that if Sunderland go down then there will be massive changes there. Bardsley and Colback have said they are leaving. same with Westwood aswell. plus have nine players out of contract this summer and 5 loan players that will be sent back. that's 14 players so far. how are Sunderland going to pay players on massive wages like Fletcher, Johnson, Brown, O'Shea, Cattlemore, etc. they will have to sell them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2602622/Bardsley-Colback-quit-Sunderland-Poyet-pulls-great-escape.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/sunderland-transfer-news-black-cats-3380112

If Norwich come down. a lot will depend on who they appointed as the next manager. I expect Snodgrass, Redmond and Johnson to have PL clubs chasing them and to leave.

I understand what you do now, surf all the newspaper headlines on line and then start making posts as though it is all fact.

Yoda, not the case at all. but if that's what u think so be it.

Sunderland will be in a financial mess if/when they go down IMO.

massive wages to players that they will not be afford to pay them on a championship budget

but 14 players will leave Sunderland this summer for a start. I expect many more tbh.

Yoda, not the case at all. but if that's what u think so be it.

Sunderland will be in a financial mess if/when they go down IMO.

massive wages to players that they will not be afford to pay them on a championship budget

but 14 players will leave Sunderland this summer for a start. I expect many more tbh.

Financial mess! you mean like we are in,

Massive wages still on players out on loan like we have,

X amount of players in and out like we have had,

One big difference, owners who know a thing or two about football

I think Sunderland would keep players like Brown, O'Shea, Cuellar, Larsson, Gardner, Bridcutt, Wickham and Fletcher and have a good board and a manager with proven success in this league unlike us.

Norwich I think would keep together a decent team too, out of these 3 (if they are to go down) you would say Cardiff with their idiot owner and Solskjaer would struggle the most, although I think players like Kim, Mutch, Marshall, Campbell, Noone and Hudson would stay, plus they have some talent in Daehli and Eikrem.

Larsson and Garnder are out of contract this summer. doubt either will stay. plus on good wages. same goes for Brown, O'Shea and Cuellar on very good wages. 30k plus for most of them imo..

Fletcher will go. good target man. type of striker Allardyce and Pulis both like.

how has Poyet got proven success in the championship? not got a team promotion to PL I dont think. but he did get Brighton in playoffs once.

Why would we worry? If we go up then we will once again find 8000 new fans every home game like last time. If we don't go up I believe we've sold twice as many season tickets as we have this season anyway.

You don't get points for attendance - oh and our promotion is far from assured. Lost 2 at home on the spin having not lost there for over a year, making 2 defeats in 3 weeks, prior to these we'd lost 3 in 7 months.

chaddy can you see any premier league clubs taking a chance on fletcher with his injury record and he has hardly banged them in for sunderland, come January and if he is scoring regularly in the championship then maybe someone will take a punt on him then, in the meantime I think he will remain at sunderland, allardyce is keen on McCormack, if teams wont take a chance on Rhodes, what hope with fletcher? you say things like you are the all knowing, all seeing oracle, sunderland will have a bit of cash as well to splash out on strengthening, poyet worked his way from the bottom and is a grafter, he knows the football league far better than bowyer, you dismiss sunderland and yet champion rovers cause, is this your blue and white tinted spectacles getting in the way?

Watching football these days isn't a cheap pastime. When you lose fans they find other things to do with their money and time.

True!

Especially in an area where work is going to become ever more infrequent and money even tighter than ever before leaving a large proportion of the younger generations financially handicapped for many, many years to come.

So you don't think Burnley will have a shout if we end up in there?

Assuming they don't catch us I think Derby might just manage the play offs but so hard to call as ever. Wigan do look formidable but I can't decide who's going to get 6th, could be a team with a surge like Bournemouth and such teams always represent a challenge to the teams they face.

Archived