BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2013/14

You could argue that Rovers appointing Ince was the beginning of our decline. Before you jump down my throat I would agree that Sam got us out of the mire. Having said that a more imaginative appointment instead of Ince would maybe have taken us in another direction.

I think it was. Without Ince we may have carried on where we left off with Hughes and been attractive to buyers with more nous than who we ended up with. Even if we appointed Allardyce in the summer instead of some of the more exotic names linked he would have started at 0, not the mess he inherited. What would he have done with the money shelled out on that crock Grella? Would Friedel have stayed? Bentley?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it was. Without Ince we may have carried on where we left off with Hughes and been attractive to buyers with more nous than who we ended up with. Even if we appointed Allardyce in the summer instead of some of the more exotic names linked he would have started at 0, not the mess he inherited. What would he have done with the money shelled out on that crock Grella? Would Friedel have stayed? Bentley?

Yeah, it's interesting to speculate, but we'll never know now.

I disagree, at the end of the following season, we finished in the top half again and thinks looked promising, with a band of young players around some dependable senior pros, all under a top quality manager.

No point trying to degrade the achievement of what B***ley have done this season, stunning really. Hopefully the experience will be as bad for them as it was last time. We really need someone to come in and take that manager away though as he seems to be a miracle worker. Then again they said the same about Owen Coyle a couple of years back and where is he now? Most impressed by their consistency, they seem to have won almost every game narrowly and been able to perform week in week out at a level just above their opposition. Great leadership, preparation and organisation. Exactly the qualities we don't have.

No point trying to degrade the achievement of what B***ley have done this season, stunning really. Hopefully the experience will be as bad for them as it was last time. We really need someone to come in and take that manager away though as he seems to be a miracle worker. Then again they said the same about Owen Coyle a couple of years back and where is he now? Most impressed by their consistency, they seem to have won almost every game narrowly and been able to perform week in week out at a level just above their opposition. Great leadership, preparation and organisation. Exactly the qualities we don't have.

I agree, they've got the happy knack of hardly giving any goals away. Also when they do they have the other happy knack of scoring one more than they concede.

Their style of play is exactly what you want to get out of the division. It's pretty obvious Dyche is the key to all this. If he stays they could do a Hull and stay up. If he goes they'll have real problems staying up. The thing I like about Dyche is he set out to play his own game, two strikers and two wingers. It's an ambitious way of playing nowadays but it's certainly worked for him.

Our recent managers worry more about the opponents

than they do about taking the game to the opposition.

As you can imagine I'm on the @#/?. I'll have a good read tomorrow, but ....

We are premier league :-)

Good for you mate, you've played consistently well all season. Rovers have been systematically dismantled by some bell ends from Pune - you can have the bragging rites now :tu:

The Championship is really a nutty league. We have achieved so many abysmal results this season, failing time after time after time to keep up any momentum we start u[....and yet somehow we are only 2 points away from 6th place? It seems like the vast majority of Championship teams also have 0 consitency and its just a lottery at this point as to what's going to happen. One could get annoyed at the fact that if we had scored a single goal at home last week against the bottom-placed team we would be in a promotion-spot....but that would be useless as there are a hundred other could-have-been scenarious.

The Championship is really a nutty league. We have achieved so many abysmal results this season, failing time after time after time to keep up any momentum we start u[....and yet somehow we are only 2 points away from 6th place? It seems like the vast majority of Championship teams also have 0 consitency and its just a lottery at this point as to what's going to happen. One could get annoyed at the fact that if we had scored a single goal at home last week against the bottom-placed team we would be in a promotion-spot....but that would be useless as there are a hundred other could-have-been scenarious.

I was just thinking the same earlier on. We've played really well in about 4 or 5 games all season and we're a point or two away from the play-.offs. Crazy division.

Burnley have been managed better than us on and off the field. Don`t take it personally folks. They have a better football team than us and on a tiny budget. It gives hope to all of us. Thats what football is all about. We all dream. Well done to them.

Archived