BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2013/14

Tomorrow : -

Burnley v Ipswich poss home (pride, Dyche)

Donny v Reading poss home (Donny desperate for pts, away to Leics final game)

B'mouth v Forest poss home ( the most unlikely imo )

Charlton v Rovers poss away if Rudy is on form and we want it enough )

It could go to final day, highly unlikely though.

I think it will go to the last day with the following results tomorrow.

Burnley V Ipswich =Draw

Donny V Reading =Draw

B'mouth V Forest =B'mouth

Charlton V Rovers =Rovers

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Varney more or less said alls they are bothered about is being unbeaten until the end if the season.

Listened to that interview (the full one not the one on rovers youtube) wasn't it something like The gaffer asked us to go on a unbeaten run for the last 8 or 9 games, also got the impression that Varney will be back here next season.

Listened to that interview (the full one not the one on rovers youtube) wasn't it something like The gaffer asked us to go on a unbeaten run for the last 8 or 9 games, also got the impression that Varney will be back here next season.

Def sounded like he will be back .

: #burnley haha promoted and loads of empty seats . ... Glory hunting bandwagon fans . Gloat when you win prem league , league cup ,play in CL and play in Europe regular .

Best fans my arse ... Wait til all prem sees the oldest and shittest away ends in the world

Whats the problem with Varney? Maybe no Suarez but he does always put a decent shift in. First two strikers are obviously Gestede and Rhodes but we obviously need another to cater for injuries, suspensions and subs who is a. cheap and b. experienced. We're hardly likely to attract a top international to warm our bench are we?

• Backroom

Varneys been useless when I've seen him he runs around a bit but that's it, we need an option for a goal

He's been put through on goal a few times and not scored yet

: #burnley haha promoted and loads of empty seats . ... Glory hunting bandwagon fans . Gloat when you win prem league , league cup ,play in CL and play in Europe regular .

Best fans my arse ... Wait til all prem sees the oldest and shittest away ends in the world

Dont knock em they are 1-0 up.

Whats the problem with Varney? Maybe no Suarez but he does always put a decent shift in. First two strikers are obviously Gestede and Rhodes but we obviously need another to cater for injuries, suspensions and subs who is a. cheap and b. experienced. We're hardly likely to attract a top international to warm our bench are we?

Did I say there was something wrong with him? I was suggesting that from the impression I got from the interview that he already knows he will be back here next season after his loan finishes.

My only problem is that if the club have agreed for him to join is that we still have a couple other back up strikers that need to be shifted first, personally would prefer to see Best welcomed back into the squad but can't see that happening.

He works hard but, if Gestede or Rhodes I don't think that he is a good enough replacement and I as he isn't going to be first choice he hasn't shown that he has the ability to come of the bench a make an impact, Varney is a 4th choice striker and nothing more. We should not be just looking to sign a striker to sit on the bench, we want a striker who is good enough to start not only because one of the other two could get a serious injury but also because we need a striker who is going to put pressure on them for their places in the team, as 46 games is along time and our main will have barren spells.

Also look at the top 3 in the league Leicester have Vardy and Nugent but Wood has also chipped in with goals, Burnley have Vokes and Ings but when they were injured a few weeks ago Barnes came in a scored and then Derby have Martin and Bryson scoring with other strikers like Bamford, Ward, Sammon and Russell all chipping in as well.

If we draw today I think we would go above Ipswich on goals scored. So probably have to hope Bournemouth win.

We'll also have to hope Watford lose, though their game in hand and superior goal difference has really made this finishing tenth lark difficult.

Hopefully we can play our usual 10 minutes injury time so we can get other teams scores ahead of the end of our game and act accordingly.

:tu: Believe in the TENTH! :tu:

Well that's one team out of the playoff equation. Let's hope we aren't joining Ipswich in that category at the end of the game.

My predictions:

Forest draw

Reading draw

Rovers win!

If that happens then it will be down to Rovers, Brighton and Reading on the last day of the season. Forest need to win today as much as we do due to the goal difference swing that would be required for them to get past Brighton.

We would then be hoping Burnley do us another favour against Reading.

Still of the opinion we won't make it. We've dropped lots of points this season but the draw vs Yeovil is looking the most costly of all

Do you realise how sweet it is to ears of Burnley fans that you are reduced to the pointless attendance criticisms?

Did the crowd today stop is winning, again, with another clean sheet? Did our crowds this season stop us getting promoted?

We are a town of around 70000 people, without the PL glory fans we will never get more than 13- 15k averages, that's just how it is.

• Backroom

Got to agree with Longsiders here

We of all people should stay quiet about attendances especially considering the stat I posted yesterday about our 33% drop on average gates from premier league to championship the biggest drop of any team in 10 years

Archived