BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2013/14

• Backroom

If we end up missing out on goal difference I'm blaming Varney for accepting the chance to replace Rudy when we were cruising at Brum

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Birmingham will be up to their eyes balls in the brown stuff if they take the drop.

They're already in deep, the drop to League One would just cement it further. I would say they're down, but if anyone could do them a favour it's wee Dougie's Bolton. Doncaster play Leicester away which I expect Donny to lose.

So we need our biggest win of the season coupled with Burnleys biggest loss?

I think you mean Burnley to win by at least 4 goals, while we win by 4 and Brighton lose. Forget it.

Wouldn't expect Wigan to field much of a team against us now they're in the playoffs.

Be just nice to end the season with a win now as there is nothing to play for unless there is some sort of crazy 7 goal swing in our favour by Reading losing at home to Burnley and us thumping the pie eaters.

That and Brighton losing at Forest.....hmmmm

If:

Reading are at 70 points with a 14 GD

Brighton are at 69 points with a 14 GD

Rovers are on 67 points with a 7 GD

Am I correct in assuming that to advance to the play-offs we need:

Forest to beat Brighton by any score; and,

Rovers to beat Wigan and Burnley to beat Reading by a combined 7-8 goals?

I really think if we go for an attacking, cutting line-up that there's a chance we can beat Wigan by multiple goals. Maybe more, considering Wigan may want to protect key players in view of their soon to be play-off games.

The question is will Burnley go for it, or will they play it safe and see out the season?

Wouldn't expect Wigan to field much of a team against us now they're in the playoffs.

Be just nice to end the season with a win now as there is nothing to play for unless there is some sort of crazy 7 goal swing in our favour by Reading losing at home to Burnley and us thumping the pie eaters.

You never know...........

a 7 goal swing is required for us to pip Reading. Looks highly likely Wigan will rest players as they will be at home first leg so it is incumbent on Rovers to attack from the off. You just never know Burnley may well sneak a 2-0 win and if we went on a goal fest well........

If:

Reading are at 70 points with a 14 GD

Brighton are at 69 points with a 14 GD

Rovers are on 67 points with a 7 GD

Am I correct in assuming that to advance to the play-offs we need:

Forest to beat Brighton by any score; and,

Rovers to beat Wigan and Burnley to beat Reading by a combined 7-8 goals?

Yep

Expect GB to play for a draw on Saturday and keep the unbeaten run going.

Please don't say that. It's frighteningly believable.

A record wins us nothing this season, and he needs to show the home fans (remember us, Gaz, the ones who actually put money into our club) that he is capable of playing for a win, entertaining us even. We need to convince people to buy season tickets next season - more than ever. A boring 0-0, play on the break neg-fest would be the most depressing way to end the season.

Even from Bowyer's perspective, a point doesn't guarantee 10th.

If we end up missing out on goal difference I'm blaming Varney for accepting the chance to replace Rudy when we were cruising at Brum

What about Eastwood at home letting two preventable goals in, then getting his bonus a couple of months later with an added years contract.

A record wins us nothing this season, and he needs to show the home fans (remember us, Gaz, the ones who actually put money into our club) that he is capable of playing for a win, entertaining us even. We need to convince people to buy season tickets next season - more than ever. A boring 0-0, play on the break neg-fest would be the most depressing way to end the season.

I guarantee he'll be playing not to lose, he'll want to go to Pune on a 12 match unbeaten run and top half finish,

he'll come back with a better contract.

This is true. So from GB's perspective, not only is a play-off spot in contention but he also has to keep his alleged promise of a top 10 finish to Madame D. A big win ensures one and perhaps opens up an outside shot of a play-off spot.

I guarantee he'll be playing not to lose, he'll want to go to Pune on a 12 match unbeaten run and top half finish,

he'll come back with a better contract.

That trip is going to be one hell of a brown nosing session, Bowyer, the shelf and Mr Everton all in the same room with Queen Pune.

Just imagine for a second (while I'm wallowing).

Rovers win 4-0 against Wigan. Burnley, have kicked off their second half late due to monster first half injury time, 2-0 up against Reading and need to score 1 more and we are stood waiting, ignorant, while they are...

Kicking the ball around the edge of their own 18 yard box, smoking cigars. :(

This is true. So from GB's perspective, not only is a play-off spot in contention but he also has to keep his alleged promise of a top 10 finish to Madame D. A big win ensures one and perhaps opens up an outside shot of a play-off spot.

I still say the 12 match run will be more important to him.

Just imagine for a second (while I'm wallowing).

Rovers win 4-0 against Wigan. Burnley, have kicked off their second half late due to monster first half injury time, 2-0 up against Reading and need to score 1 more and we are stood waiting, ignorant, while they are...

Kicking the ball around the edge of their own 18 yard box, smoking cigars. :(

So if we want to be the masters of our own destiny, we need to win by a 7 GD. Though even this isn't true as we'd still be depending on Forest beating (or drawing) Brighton.

I suspect our best bet to do so is to field the same line-up that faced Charlton this last weekend, assuming they're fit.

Why would he change for one game in a season? Bowyer chucked away a good shot at the play offs on 5/6 occasions since Christmas.

I expect more of the same on Saturday ........... and in a couple of months I'll buy the STs.

Archived