BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2013/14

• Backroom

Shame for Yeovil. They're extremely limited but make up for that with spirit and effort.

They were terrible against us but seemed a keen bunch

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What were Brighton thinking, pressing for a winner? They took a big risk with that point they were sitting on - especially at home. They could have conceded. :rolleyes:

I think you're as 'confused' as I am Stuart. Who'd have thought we'd have passed up so readily umpteen opportunities to overachieve and potentially sort so many issues.

Top 10 may have been the season's objective (which I can and can't understand) but it could and probably should have yielded much more had we grasped the nettle when the opportunity arose.

In August I'd have settled for tenth but situations change and we should have capitalised. It's now an opportunity missed.

Yeovil down, sad we're not playing them again next year!

Don't talk daft. The league should be a hell of a lot easier next season without tough sides like Yeovil in it. It's Brentford I'd be worried about now, and the potential prestige derby game with the Nobbers. Shelfy will already be polishing his... blazer buttons.

I think you're as 'confused' as I am Stuart. Who'd have thought we'd have passed up so readily umpteen opportunities to overachieve and potentially sort so many issues.

Top 10 may have been the season's objective (which I can and can't understand) but it could and probably should have yielded much more had we grasped the nettle when the opportunity arose.

In August I'd have settled for tenth but situations change and we should have capitalised. It's now an opportunity missed.

Key point in bold. A point missed by many.

Bowyer doesn't do opportunity because that usually involves risk. Bowyer does not risk risk.

What this basically means is that a Forest win tomorrow will mean (barring a freak result) we can't make the playoffs.

Or Reading.

Don't talk daft. The league should be a hell of a lot easier next season without tough sides like Yeovil in it. It's Brentford I'd be worried about now, and the potential prestige derby game with the Nobbers. Shelfy will already be polishing his... blazer buttons.

Too busy counting his money in his counting house, it has many shelf areas, adorned with pictures of far eastern divas, their family, friends & agents!

Sure he means Reading. We're a point behind Forest and we've both got two games left. A Forest win tomorrow puts them on 68 points and a win for us puts us on 67.

I think his point was that Forest play Brighton. Meaning neither can get zero points.

Technically we could catch Reading if they win tomorrow but you would be looking at an 11 goal GD turnaround.

Sure he means Reading. We're a point behind Forest and we've both got two games left. A Forest win tomorrow puts them on 68 points and a win for us puts us on 67.

Forest play Brighton last game. A Forest win tomorrow means all outcomes of that game put at least one of them out of reach.

Forest play Brighton in their final game though, so he's right, but Reading are the only team with their destiny in their own hands.

I don't think the Dingles will be trying too hard at Reading next week, especially if we still have a chance.

To kill off our play off "hopes", any one of:

Brighton draw

Reading win

Forest win

Ipswich win and draw

Rovers fail to win 2 from 2

Miracle doesn't quite cut it.

(If anyone still has hope now may be the time to dig out that post were Maj copied the Samaritans number).

Brighton draw

Reading win

Forest win

Ipswich win and draw

(If anyone still has hope now may be the time to dig out that post were Maj copied the Samaritans number).

See 2254, Mission Impossible ?

Brighton draw

Reading win

Forest win

Ipswich win and draw

Ridiculous really but even all things considered, we should have been home and hosed.

Tomorrow : -

Burnley v Ipswich poss home (pride, Dyche)

Donny v Reading poss home (Donny desperate for pts, away to Leics final game)

B'mouth v Forest poss home ( the most unlikely imo )

Charlton v Rovers poss away if Rudy is on form and we want it enough )

It could go to final day, highly unlikely though.

Archived