BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2013/14

Burnley have been managed better than us on and off the field. Don`t take it personally folks. They have a better football team than us and on a tiny budget. It gives hope to all of us. Thats what football is all about. We all dream. Well done to them.

Can't argue. Also a Burnley football club, run by Burnley people, who actually give a toss...

When it was first announced that Jack was taking over, that was a key thing that made me secure at the time..I knew he cared about Blackburn Rovers.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the kind words - can't have been easy for most of you :-)

Head is still sore as you can imagine.

Be interesting to see how we do in the next 2 games - we could even do you a couple of favours! I genuinely didn't realise that you were only a couple of points outside the top 6. I know games are running out but you might just sneak in - and your forwards seem to be right on form. Odds might be against you but win your last 2 games and you just never know.

Can't argue. Also a Burnley football club, run by Burnley people, who actually give a toss...

When it was first announced that Jack was taking over, that was a key thing that made me secure at the time..I knew he cared about Blackburn Rovers.

I lived near Burnley then and when we were promoted and Jack was splashing the cash whilst Burnley were plodding around the lower divisions I made the remark which silenced the pub... "we aren't just a few years in front of you lot.... we are light years in front of you now." Didn't make me Mr Popular to the local knuckle draggers of course but it was quite true.

Thanks to the untimely death of Jack Walker and culminating in the naivety and crass stupidity of the venkymob and their exploitation by a couple of swindlers that situation has been completely reversed. Burnley wont be in the Prem for long of course and no doubt their fans will hate whats in store on the pitch BUT if the Directors don't ghetb carried away and they keep their dicks in their trousers, manage their finances well and accept their honest place in English football Burnley can be the top dogs in East Lancashire for way into the future. Right now they are approx 170 million quid richer than us!

As much as I dislike Burnley we should all admire what they have achieved this season. They have set the standard for all town clubs to try and follow. They are well run by local people who have not jeapordised the future by throwing money away to get into the Premier League. They have an astute and grounded manager who has got an average squad to over achieve by playing a system which suits them, I spoke to a Burnley 100 Club member today who told me that every box has already been sold but on two year deals. Very astute.

As much as it galls me I offer them my congratulations on a terrific achievement.

Rovers and Burnley are now almost polar opposites - another reason to be grateful to the Indians.

Congrats Burnley and to Longsiders. Sad to say it, but they were consistent and deserve to go up. We could have joined them, but our form was the exact opposite. You cant drop points like we have done, and expect to go up. Hopefully if Bowyer is still in charge, that he will have learned from this seasons mistakes

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Congrats Burnley and to Longsiders. Sad to say it, but they were consistent and deserve to go up. We could have joined them, but our form was the exact opposite. You cant drop points like we have done, and expect to go up. Hopefully if Bowyer is still in charge, that he will have learned from this seasons mistakes

You need banning again !!!

Sent from my heart :)

I lived near Burnley then and when we were promoted and Jack was splashing the cash whilst Burnley were plodding around the lower divisions I made the remark which silenced the pub... "we aren't just a few years in front of you lot.... we are light years in front of you now." Didn't make me Mr Popular to the local knuckle draggers of course but it was quite true.

Thanks to the untimely death of Jack Walker and culminating in the naivety and crass stupidity of the venkymob and their exploitation by a couple of swindlers that situation has been completely reversed. Burnley wont be in the Prem for long of course and no doubt their fans will hate whats in store on the pitch BUT if the Directors don't ghetb carried away and they keep their dicks in their trousers, manage their finances well and accept their honest place in English football Burnley can be the top dogs in East Lancashire for way into the future. Right now they are approx 170 million quid richer than us!

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that Burnley will surprise a few people next season. A poor Championship it may be - the fact we could still make the play-offs is testament to that - but they haven't sneaked by the play-offs, they have walked this league.

Sure it will be tougher but they won't fear any of the current bottom half, and why should they? I'm not sure they will do a Southampton but a Palace or Hull season isn't beyond the realms.

Much as it pains me, we could be lagging behind Burnley for several years to come. The only solace is that they will NEVER win the Premier League.

Its hard to be objective when talking about Burnley, as I'm sure many others feel like myself that they have massively overachieved and rode their luck at times, particularly with injuries.

Next year will be the true test, if Dyche can get them going in the Premier League then its not just the flash in the pan we think (and dare I say hope) it is.

I can't see the likes of Duff, Marney, Treacy, Barnes and Mee getting much joy at the higher level.

At least if we do stay in this division it gives us the scenario of us getting promoted and them getting relegated.

Thanks for all the kind words - can't have been easy for most of you :-)

Head is still sore as you can imagine.

Be interesting to see how we do in the next 2 games - we could even do you a couple of favours! I genuinely didn't realise that you were only a couple of points outside the top 6. I know games are running out but you might just sneak in - and your forwards seem to be right on form. Odds might be against you but win your last 2 games and you just never know.

Very uncomfortable and entirely new for me, wanting you lot to win your next two. Think youll lose them both. Conspiracy theories abound. As for those saying you will come straight back down I dont think so. As long as you have Dyche youll be ok your work rate alone is going to see you through a lot if games. Pipe dream that it is perhaps we can join the party, with your help of course

How I've not cracked at work today I will never know ... Just said gloat when over the next ten years when you achieve what we did ... His reply was you bought the league ... My reply was so you won't be buying any players or does that not count as buying prem safety .i said you now have more money to spend than we ever have .

Grunt and mumbled mutterings

2-0 reading 15 mins

Reading 2 Boro 0

Bolton 0 Leicester 1

Well I think we can say our season is finally over now with that win for Reading, we're not likely to make 4 points up on

them with 2 games to go, the BBC said that Boro were shocking, nothing to play for I suppose, Reading have an easy

final home game to Burnley too, now that Leics are Champs.

It was always going to happen. It's why people were so frustrated on Friday evening. Not beating Yeovil, when everyone around us faltered has cost us.

In the final analysis there are far more dropped points that that throughout the season - not least over Christmas - but we still had a chance as recently as four days ago.

It was always going to happen. It's why people were so frustrated on Friday evening. Not beating Yeovil, when everyone around us faltered has cost us.

In the final analysis there are far more dropped points that that throughout the season - not least over Christmas - but we still had a chance as recently as four days ago.

You are right about the points dropped from the beginning of the season but the recent two are still raw and will rankle with me for some time yet as will the gross inadequacies in said games.

Damn damn damn that Yeovil game, or sorry for an excuse of an effort. Bowyer must be sat thinking what might have been, if they had gone for it against the bottom team. We had nothing to lose,but we still had much to gain. Bowyer and the team messed up, the fans knew what was happening elsewhere, but yet we settled for a point. Shocking! I am bloody annoyed, and as good a guy as Bowyer is, he has just made far too many mistakes this season. I know alot of good things he has done, and i suppose next season is where we all expect alot better, but i would rather have finished 10 points from the playoffs than say 1 or 2 points. Im still shocked we are even this close to the top 6, thus has been our inconsistency this season.

Archived