BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2013/14

Mentality won't be an issue, Dyche has got them all in exactly the right place. Whether we've enough quality left to pick up the results time will tell.

Just for the record I've been told we are in a false position, we haven't played anybody, we are lucky, we'll fade and then finally it's because we've had no injuries. Is it fair to say now, in the event we do hold on, we've simply deserved it?

I think you guys have been lucky with the lack of injuries. However, luck comes and goes and you still need a good, well coached and motivated squad for 9-10 months. Over the course of the season you've been good enough to get promoted so it is deserved. We still won't like it!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mentality won't be an issue, Dyche has got them all in exactly the right place. Whether we've enough quality left to pick up the results time will tell.

Just for the record I've been told we are in a false position, we haven't played anybody, we are lucky, we'll fade and then finally it's because we've had no injuries. Is it fair to say now, in the event we do hold on, we've simply deserved it?

Its a fair question but for another site!

cant believe foreign owners, (actually I can) another one that thinks appointing a no-brain is the answer to their problems (stuart pearce) they will go nowhere with this appointment, I really don't believe forest fans will take to their new managerial appointment (yes I have said appointment three times, get over it)

An odd appointment. Pearce can neither be argued as up and coming nor as having a track record of success - however disastrous the appointment of Keane proved to be at least he didn't have a track record of, essentially failure and/or mediocrity.

That said our board appointed Brian Laws, when we were still in the PL - and his record was shocking. Our owners are neither foreign nor stupid - well not usually!

There seems to be absolutely no appetite to address the many problems of foreign ownership - we really do need to start taking some inspiration from the bundesliga.

An odd appointment. Pearce can neither be argued as up and coming nor as having a track record of success - however disastrous the appointment of Keane proved to be at least he didn't have a track record of, essentially failure and/or mediocrity.

Longsiders, we're friends, right? Don't even attempt to justify Kean's existence. Not even to make a point about another manager. :red_card:

:tu:

Another odd championship weekend with results all over the place - pound for pound a far more entertaining league than the PL

Sorry but 2nd rate players, missed passes, poor technique, slow build up play, wayward finishing and chances missed, fading stars and up and coming wannabes playing in front of small crowds are nowhere near as exciting to watch as PL players playing at the higher standard.

It's been as dull as dishwater for ages. I'm pleased you've shown everyone how poor it has been this year and credit to you for that. No point bigging up mediocrity however and I suggest you may need half a new team at least to have any chance of survival in the boring league above.

Sorry but 2nd rate players, missed passes, poor technique, slow build up play, wayward finishing and chances missed, fading stars and up and coming wannabes playing in front of small crowds are nowhere near as exciting to watch as PL players playing at the higher standard.

It's been as dull as dishwater for ages. I'm pleased you've shown everyone how poor it has been this year and credit to you for that. No point bigging up mediocrity however and I suggest you may need half a new team at least to have any chance of survival in the boring league above.

Would have to agree with that. Its an massively unpredictable league but for me that doesn't make it particularly entertaining. This season there's been 6 good teams, 4 bad ones, and 14 that are practically the same as each other. The middle 14 teams separated by just 16 points and zero consistency from any of them. There's almost no point in any of those 14 teams valuing a win, as it hasn't led to anything further all season.

Consistency leads to excitement for me as you can anticipate and make a big deal out of wins or losses. If your team is consistently bad its massive to pick up that win that might lead to survival. If its consistently good then getting a win against a rival or watching a rival slip up gives that rush. Burnley fans have been glued to the results of QPR, Derby, Leicester and Wigan for a while because they're in an exciting situation.

Personally I haven't much cared what Boro, Watford, Bournemouth, Ipswich, Brighton and Forest have been up to. We'll win a game and get ahead and then you can almost guarantee we'll lose the next or the one after that and get pegged back. Same applies to them. Its like supporting a bonus ball in the lottery, no one week means anything for the following weeks. I find that a bit boring eventually to be honest.

It doesn't make the league more entertaining - but it does make it more interesting. Of course I'd prefer us to be in the Premier League but that league is the dullest of them all with the same clubs at the top every season and the rest fighting to stay up. And no one would say that with all its tensions and agonies that an annual relegation battle is entertaining.

If its all about the quality of the football then, and no offence to Burnley, Rovers or about 80 odd other clubs, the only teams worth following are the top 6 or so in the PL.

I'd rather watch mistake ridden football, if that is what it is (and I watch the PL games on TV, I don't quite recognise what you describe, I fear rose tints are firmly in place as you hanker back to the glory days), where we can hope on occasion to compete to actually win something, yes even the 4th division, than for our ambition to be perennial mid table mediocrity in the self proclaimed 'best league in the world. As an aside when I hear people talk about being 'founder members' of the PL I'm always reminded of the Alan Partridge Rover 100 scene - they've re-badged it you fools, it's just the old First Division - but with more money.

The prem is necessary for the big money involved ( although it did act like a pile of sh1t in attracting all manner of blue arsed flies to our party)

At least we are free from being just evermore relegation threatened cannon fodder for the annual procession to european football for the big boys and their fawning whores in the national press and media.

We've done Bumley a massive favour tonight. Let's hope they return it when they play Reading.

My fear is they will rollover and give Reading 6th place much like Leicester did tonight with Brighton.

Still not there Tom - no easy games and we could still need 5 points!

Gave yourselves a sniff tonight but Bournemouth are on a fantastic run, wonder if Master Eddie can keep it going for another 8 games? Reading looking vulnerable but QPR must be relieved they've already picked up the points they have

Still not there Tom - no easy games and we could still need 5 points!

Gave yourselves a sniff tonight but Bournemouth are on a fantastic run, wonder if Master Eddie can keep it going for another 8 games? Reading looking vulnerable but QPR must be relieved they've already picked up the points they have

You're there Longers and congratulations.

Promotion didn't used to be all about a financial gravy train but unfortunately now that's all it is. It's no longer a sporting competition, more gladiatorial.

Archived