BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2013/14

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have the fanbase who are stupid enough prepared to pay big bucks to watch their team, Gordon. It's what saved City IMHO.

I could be wrong but haven't the City owners said they intend to keep ticket prices affordable, and never to ostracize

the proper fan.

Well whatever, they'll have 61,000 seats to fill soon, had a look online at the plans after Abs mentioned he'd seen

the model before the cup game.

770,000 live in Leeds, plenty of potential, they don't need the poorer folk, or so the 'old git from Chelsea thought,

gates well down in the last 2 seasons.

• Moderation Lead

Away followings are mint, but home attendances gash. Allegedly ticket prices for home are expensive, but Leeds has a huge population, and they've got a huge catchment area of North and West Yorkshire.

No excuse for not having a huge fanbase!!

Guest Norbert

Most of Yorkshire as a whole are Leeds fans. It's only in Burnley and Sheffield where they're not the number 1 team.

Away followings are mint, but home attendances gash. Allegedly ticket prices for home are expensive, but Leeds has a huge population, and they've got a huge catchment area of North and West Yorkshire.

No excuse for not having a huge fanbase!!

I remember Don Revie's great(bit dirty) Leeds team often struggled to fill Elland road, unless they were playing one of the 'big boys'

even though they were winning titles and cups.

Leicester 1-0 up against Bumley who are without Trippier, Ings and Vokes had to go off with and injury after 10 mins. Could their treadbare squad mean that they'll lose out on automatic promotion? Don't really know how long Ings and Vokes will be out, but they seem a different team without them. Still a long way to go in this game though.

Burnley looking very ordinary indeed!

Exactly ! But they have a manager who gets his charges to play for his system....

We have Bowyer sends 11 out and sees what happens and keep it tight ..

Leicester are not world beaters either ..We should be in the play off hunt even with our limitations.....

There's too much sport on to watch. What with the top 2 in this amazing league of ours playing each other and Man Ure in that over-rated league and England in the T20 World Cup.

Here in Bkk I've decided on the T20 on computer with sound and ManUre on TV - no sound needed. Also showing Burnley live but can't get myself to watch them - even losing.

Leicester have been good in this game though. Two brilliant goals as well. Injuries this late in the season could prove Bumleys downfall if QPR all of sudden should go on a run. Still guaranteed play-offs, but lose the next two games away to Watford and Barnsley and it could be squeaky bum time.

Still think they'll get that 2nd spot though as I have a hard time believing QPR or Derby going on an unbeaten run for the rest of the season and I think Wigan is too far behind.

Leicester have been good in this game though. Two brilliant goals as well. Injuries this late in the season could prove Bumleys downfall if QPR all of sudden should go on a run. Still guaranteed play-offs, but lose the next two games away to Watford and Barnsley and it could be squeaky bum time.

Rovers v Dingles in the play-offs. As I write it's still on :tu:

Here in Bkk I've decided on the T20 on computer with sound and ManUre on TV - no sound needed. Also showing Burnley live but can't get myself to watch them - even losing.

Unfortunately I don't have the 'TV' part. :(

You seem to be a proper sports watching professional. :rover:

Hell Butler is playing like our '2 dodgy keepers on a bad day'.

Bad weekend for us. Losing Vokes is a massive blow, that's 3 of the top 10 championship players of the season we are without, along with our main central midfielder missing for one more game. Will struggle for results now.

Only plus point was QPR failing to win.

Bottom 3 look gone but top 6 still on for a number teams to push their way in.

Bad weekend for us. Losing Vokes is a massive blow, that's 3 of the top 10 championship players of the season we are without, along with our main central midfielder missing for one more game. Will struggle for results now.

Typical bloody clarets! They could have had the decency to get crocked before the ewood derby!

Just realized that despite the weak run we're on we will be "just" 5 points off the play off-places with 7 games to go if we beat Brighton tomorrow...

Don't do it to yourself,

chaddy won't won't pick up the pieces when it goes wrong

That's what we've had all season. It's always the guys in form that get injured and they come in bunches. You don't lose one centre half or one striker you lose them both at the same time ! I think you're far enough in front to stagger over the line but the Watford away game will be massive. Get a win or a draw and things are fine , lose and it'll start getting interesting. Wigan missing that last minute pen and QPR only drawing at home have done you a favour. I could be wrong but going off Vokes's demeanour that looked like it might be a bad knee injury.

Any thoughts on Leicester's second goal ? I thought the ref was making up for missing the pull back on the Leicester striker in the first half.

If this is true as being reported , the possible new Leeds owner, certainly speaks his mind https://soundcloud.com/whiteleedsradio/interview-with-massimo-cellino * warning contains explicit language

There is also a transcript of it here. Quite hard to follow in parts because of cellino's strong Italian accent and he also says at one point that he's drunk.

http://shrib.com/1Nsnde17

Archived