BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2013/14

Wigan look like pretty good now for the top 6, good squad, on an excellent run of form, only injuries to key players

will stop them imo. Forest look like the team every one will be after now, poor form, injuries to several key players,

very tough game in midweek away at Boro too.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Nottingham Forest recent injury crisis they seem to have imploded and there are now two play off places up for grabs. If we can win tomorrow then we would only be 6 points of 5th with a game in hand. Our real problem in the race for the playoffs is our goal difference as we are the only side in the top 13 with a negative one.

thats what they said about us around about this stage of the season in '91. We went on an awful streak and just about sneaked into the play offs in sixth place.

Yeah but they are looking very good with a fairly routine run in. And Derby are feeling the pressure unlike Burnley, QPR have no team spirit and Forest have really struggled of late due to injuries to key players.

Rock bottom and humiliated out of the cup. I think Powells race was run tbh. Mr Charlton but every manager hits the buffers sometime. I don't think Charlton had much choice but take the option of a last throw of the dice.

Yes, most managers last 2-3 years at the outside and Powell had come to the end of the road. Still, he's got a promotion on his CV, a nice payoff and will move on to the next job. He'll be a multimillionaire with property portfolio to match in no time.

In 13 games so far against teams currently above us we have won one. We still have five of these teams still to play albeit all at home. From these stats I don't give us much of a chance of the play-offs despite Bowyers tub thumping today.

They are if you thought we had a chance of the play offs. We didn't stand a hope in hell after the last two results.

I was also thinking about the gift to Burnley of QPR losing and Derby drawing.

We're talking about play-offs and we're not even confident of beating Bournemouth at home tomorrow. We need to wise up. I've just watched the two goals we conceded again from Sundays game. The bottom line on each occasion was that nobody was really taking responsibility, players were leaving it to each other. Hoping somebody else would deal with it. The Burnley players involved took responsibility and got to the ball first.

Just a microcosm of what's wrong with our team. We've been making the same sort of mistakes all season.

Dont think we have had a 3 game winnin run this season which is a joke in this league if u can do 5 or 6 wins in a row then you are easily up there

This season? Try back when Mark Hughes was in charge!!

• Backroom

Dont think we have had a 3 game winnin run this season which is a joke in this league if u can do 5 or 6 wins in a row then you are easily up there

Annoyingly we've had good chances but thrown it away

Archived