BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Championship 2013/14

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Long long way to go - and I also fancy Wigan for the play offs, momentum counts for so much in that lottery and they really have it. They are probably the biggest obstacle in your way for a top 6 berth. That said we took Forest apart in the first half so they could be vulnerable, maybe just to far ahead to be caught though.

Whatever happens, it's been a fantastic season for us, be a while before we have another one.

• Backroom

It's weird longers there was no pressure looking up for you this season but as the weeks progress some folk Around the club may get nervous thinking its this season and millions and millions or never!

They might, but not the manager or players. Mantra has been the same all season, one game at a time.

If we don't go up then we lose Ings and probably a few others and almost certainly the manager!

We are pretty much assured top 6 now I think so it's an exciting few months to look forward to and that is what football is all about!

• Backroom

Out of the potential opponents who do you think you'd want to face in a play off? I think you have the measure of QPR and Forest wouldn't fancy playing you again for sure, Wigan do look the dangerous ones and if we scraped it then those games would be so highly charged you couldn't call it

I wouldn't fancy Wigan and playing you lot would be a nightmare/ecstasy depending on outcome!

I don't think automatic is likely, still got 15 games to negotiate and still have a paper thin squad. On the plus side Ings hasn't scored in 3 so he's due a couple.

Ask me again after the next 2 though. If we can match Derby and get something out of you I'll maybe believe we've got at least a chance of second. Right now I still think it's play offs and we all know they are unpredictable, especially for a team that just misses out on automatic!

Forest could do us a big favour next week. If they can take points off Wigan we could go back above them with a win at Bolton. That will be tough though. It's going to go to the wire, the home game against Wigan could be huge. Also underlines what a plank Hanley was for costing us 3 points at their place!

Forest could do us a big favour next week. If they can take points off Wigan we could go back above them with a win at Bolton. That will be tough though. It's going to go to the wire, the home game against Wigan could be huge. Also underlines what a plank Hanley was for costing us 3 points at their place!

He cost us more than that imo. His deputy kilgallon gave away a stupid pen at Blackpool and Charltons winner at ewood also came from a mistake from a ball flighted through his position.

I think a couple of others have said it, but I find the QPR situation interesting. People say that we spend high on wages and have premier league players at the club not even playing (ie etuhu and Best), but its nothing compared to qpr. It seems that every-time they get an injury or loose a game they sign another premier league player. Now Austin is out for the rest of the season they are really struggling, it will be fascinating to see whether Ol' Harry can organise their collection of individuals into a team. Atm, they are dropping like a stone!

Guest Norbert

I doubt it. If Burnley avoid injuries like they have this season, and Derby carry on like they have under Shhteve then Harry will be unsuccessful in getting in the top 2. Hopefully it'll burst the myth of Harry being a great manager at last.

My dad loves him for some reason, yet I just don't see it.

If they don't go up Arry will resign and blame lack of backing or bad attitudes or something that isn't his fault and the media will lap it up

If they don't go up then he should be sacked, but I think he will probably retire and do some media work where he will be treated as some sort of genius.

• Moderation Lead

In regards to FFP, QPR are far worse than us, if they don't go up, not only are they in a lot of bother financially, but 'honest Arry' should be sacked. With that squad, and the money spent on transfers and loans they should be about 20 points clear at the top!!!

In regards to FFP, QPR are far worse than us, if they don't go up, not only are they in a lot of bother financially, but 'honest Arry' should be sacked. With that squad, and the money spent on transfers and loans they should be about 20 points clear at the top!!!

So, our lad is doing OK then

Quick question: Do the play-offs mean much in terms of added revenue (even without promotion). In terms of added ticket sales and TV revenue, how much could the club get?

It is traditional that the losing finalist gets all the revenue from the final which is, I think, a couple of million.

Not sure what the semi's are worth but I'd have thought it adds a decent sum to the clubs coffers.

Sadly dingles keep going I fear for us. Lots of dog eat dog games and I have a feeling arrys lot are going to slip enought to open up the 5th place for the playoffs. Lots to be excited about if we can keep some sort of momentum and not let up against lesser teams.

Archived