BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] sugar daddy owners

who else is annoyed with all these sugar daddy owners coming into football? especially these Russians and sheiks, Chelsea started it off with abramovich now we have the likes of man city, Malaga and paris st germain, the latest one is Monaco, a club with no real structure or history, throwing money around like confetti at the likes of falcao, who lets be honest has only gone to Monaco for the cash. Now they are offering john terry 150,000 grand tax free, its sickening, what happened to football clubs with proper structuring? are these Russians even legit with their ill-gotten gains? what can fifa or uefa even do to stop this as its making a mockery of what was once an even, fair game.

We had Jack Walker, a local man made good (helped by tax evasion) who chose to spend his money in the last years of his life on his beloved football club. He is completely different to the likes of the oligarchs financing Chlesea, Man City and Monaco none of whom have any affinity or connection to the clubs they have bought.

who else is annoyed with all these sugar daddy owners coming into football? especially these Russians and sheiks, Chelsea started it off with abramovich now we have the likes of man city, Malaga and paris st germain, the latest one is Monaco, a club with no real structure or history, throwing money around like confetti at the likes of falcao, who lets be honest has only gone to Monaco for the cash. Now they are offering john terry 150,000 grand tax free, its sickening, what happened to football clubs with proper structuring? are these Russians even legit with their ill-gotten gains? what can fifa or uefa even do to stop this as its making a mockery of what was once an even, fair game.

:lol::lol::lol:

Short memory.

We had Jack Walker, a local man made good (helped by tax evasion) who chose to spend his money in the last years of his life on his beloved football club. He is completely different to the likes of the oligarchs financing Chlesea, Man City and Monaco none of whom have any affinity or connection to the clubs they have bought.

I presume ( and hope) you are getting confused and meant to write tax avoidance.

yes but as jim has already pointed out, theres a big difference between a local man who has the club at heart than some billionaire playboy's plaything

Get off your high horse. These are football fans from countries who don't have important competitions and want to be part of the big leagues. I can promise after one week the club will be massively in their hearts. Are you telling me that Roman, after a decade, isn't incredibly passionate about Chelsea? We had a sugar daddy. Just because he was from Blackburn doesn't alter this. Dave Whelan took WIgan from nowhere to the top flight. I suppose it's different for him just because he's not foreign?

Get off your high horse. These are football fans from countries who don't have important competitions and want to be part of the big leagues. I can promise after one week the club will be massively in their hearts. Are you telling me that Roman, after a decade, isn't incredibly passionate about Chelsea? We had a sugar daddy. Just because he was from Blackburn doesn't alter this. Dave Whelan took WIgan from nowhere to the top flight. I suppose it's different for him just because he's not foreign?

Whelan is a Wiganer so is the same as Walker in that he is a self-made local man. The likes of Abramovich are here only because they can avoid tax. If it suited his purpose he would sell Chelsea and buy a club elsewhere. To compare him to Walker and Whelan is an insult to two football-loving Lancastrians.

Whelan is a Wiganer so is the same as Walker in that he is a self-made local man. The likes of Abramovich are here only because they can avoid tax. If it suited his purpose he would sell Chelsea and buy a club elsewhere. To compare him to Walker and Whelan is an insult to two football-loving Lancastrians.

Whereas Jack Walker lived in Jersey because.....

The OP of this thread was ridiculously hypocritical.

There is not enough difference between Walker/Whelan and Abramovich etc to chastise the latter.

Rival fans would find it laughable. Some of us do.

There is not enough difference between Walker/Whelan and Abramovich etc to chastise the latter.

I suppose the big difference between the 2 lancastrians and a Russian oligarch is that they did'nt/don't have to live their lives

in fear and have half a dozen bodyguards with them everywhere they go.

But yes rival fans would find it very hypocritical.

As I pointed out earlier. That's the second OP reference you have made: can't you do better than that ?

There is a world of difference between Walker and Abramovich, one a local man putting something back into his community and the other using the club as a rich man's toy. There's nothing hypocritical about that.

Archived