BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Can venkys turn it around?

Saxo, up until now I've resisted all urges to reply to any of your posts as most (IMO) are to antagonise or stir something up, the overwhelming opinion (I suspect you're already aware though) is of that they are unforgiveable and it's down to the individual as to what level of hate or anger they choose to direct at them.

I'm not getting into a slanging match with you, but the topic has already been well covered and well voiced, you won't get many people taking too kindly to this thread.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't be daft no one craves permanent oblivion but many will never believe or forgive Venkys. These people have proved over and over again they cannot be trusted and do not deserve anything from us as fans.

• Moderation Lead

why is it pointless? i think it`s more than a relevant choice of topic. it tells us whether venkys are going to be even given a chance, and going off the replies, they may as well give up and condemn the club to the permanant oblivion it seems many are craving for it..

IMO there is nothing to come out, i reckon you`ve been duped..

Nobody's craving oblivion, just expecting it given all that's happened, and what some posters that are better informed than others have said.

I'd love nothing more than for everything in the rovers garden to be rosy, but frankly that's not the case.

So, start threads like this, and unless you've had a lobotomy, or a very short memory when it comes to rovers, and you shouldn't be surprised to have the responses people have made this far.

Saxo, up until now I've resisted all urges to reply to any of your posts as most (IMO) are to antagonise or stir something up, the overwhelming opinion (I suspect you're already aware though) is of that they are unforgiveable and it's down to the individual as to what level of hate or anger they choose to direct at them.

I'm not getting into a slanging match with you, but the topic has already been well covered and well voiced, you won't get many people taking too kindly to this thread.

the only thing my posts are intended to stir up is forum debate/chat, nothing more. nowt will be solved on here, but as BT used to say, it`s good to talk.. :)

I highly doubt it, though it's not beyond the realms of possibility. It would take years or getting everything right just to get us back into the position we were before they took over, then we would have to move on for several years after that. Of course there will be things that they will never be forgiven for, but a lot of fans are fickle and they do have short memories.

Shouldn't confuse 'put us back where they found us' with forgiveness.

It's feasbile that we could get things right on the pitch, and then for the most part Venkys could be ignored.

Forgiveness on the other hand is pie in the sky. (and rightly so)

/thread

How could they turn it around ?

1. Clear out you know who x 2 running the club and bring back the former chief executive.

2. Rehire the manager who was in place when they arrived.

But because that would require them to admit they made mistakes and, because of their breathtaking arrogance and ignorance, the likelihood of both happening is, of course, zero.

How could they turn it around ?

1. Clear out you know who x 2 running the club and bring back the former chief executive.

2. Rehire the manager who was in place when they arrived.

The likelihood of both happening is, of course, zero.

again, not the question on the O/P, but there you go..

does that mean `close thread`? so unless you have a certain view, you don`t want voices heard? interesting..

There you go again, fishing for an argument.

As someone well versed in messageboards, you well know the terms "/thread" and "thread killer", I'm sure.

It's simply a way of underlining a point that someone has made is likely to be very widely agreed with. Doesn't mean it's always right or always a majority view, nor does it imply megalomaniac tendencies.

/saxo1man30 ;)

There you go again, fishing for an argument.

As someone well versed in messageboards, you well know the terms "/thread" and "thread killer", I'm sure.

It's simply a way of underlining a point that someone has made is likely to be very widely agreed with. Doesn't mean it's always right or always a majority view, nor does it imply megalomaniac tendencies.

/saxo1man30 ;)

i didn`t know, so do apologise for jumping to the wrong conclusion then..

the question on the O/P is `can venkys turn it around?`, not `how can they turn it around?`.. i`ll take your answer as a no..

What does O/P mean - please communicate in English.

There is no point answering just yes or no when both requirement an explanation as to how and why they can turn it around.

Otherwise this thread is meaningless.

No they can't turn it round, but I think there's a slightly optimistic vibe around at the moment due to some of us being pleased with the transfer activity so far and the excellent ticket prices.

Optimism is shot down on here all the time saxoman, I wouldn't get offended by some of the replies to your topic. It's one of the reasons I rarely post.

I think the only true way they will fully(well amost) regain the respect of a vast majority of fans would be to get the club back into the position it was in when they took over(a respected, well run premiere league) club and keep us there,

As for me personally, right now id just settle for a well run club moving in the right direction.

p.s. For what its worth I think the question being posed is a fairly legitimate one and the fact that its gone 3 pages in just a few hours shows there is definitely discussion to be had from it, just a shame the thread is being derailed by the usual ninnies just looking to start a pishing contest(and sadly as per usual Saxo is taking the bait and doing himself no favours)

Archived