BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Can venkys turn it around?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't need to run away from the thread you started, just simply don't take the bait(I know its easier said than done sometimes though)

i`m not running, i will be reading it, but as long as i`m on here the focus with a few is on getting at me, rather than commenting on the subject..

No they can't turn it round, but I think there's a slightly optimistic vibe around at the moment due to some of us being pleased with the transfer activity so far and the excellent ticket prices.

Optimism is shot down on here all the time saxoman, I wouldn't get offended by some of the replies to your topic. It's one of the reasons I rarely post.

A very interesting discussion.

The very language of negativity/loss/resentment/anger is actually rather more exciting and dramatic than the language of optimism.

Therefore, the negative arguments of doom-mongers always seem more powerful and persuasive. Ask any manager who has tried to sell change to a group of workers.

It is all too easy to crush " naive" talk of green shoots of recovery with tough talking descriptions of the end of the world-especially with the trail of destruction wreaked since the takeover.

My sense is that Venky's have destroyed Blackburn Rovers, as I knew it. However, there is always the chance that they may have extricated themselves from damaging contractual relationships with agents and are now free to change course.

How will we know if things actually are changing? What will we see? The removal of Agnew, the sidelining of Singh, some sensible transfer activity, decent season ticket prices, may be a start...the execution of Kean and Venky's returning to Ewood in sack cloth and ashes would also help!

Bloody Hell. I am no Albert Einstein but I could damned well tell them what to do. In particular, what message to give to the supporters about their attitude to their previous mistakes and their plans for the future.

Aside from everything else, there is a crisis of leadership here. It would require Moses style charisma to get many of us to sign up to the journey and, lets face it, babble from confused Venkatesh, arrogant baby-talk Shebby from...er..nonsense from "Madame" just don't cut it.

So as someone , who is still very angry with Venky's, I am genuinely prepared to notice green shoots, but I am wary of being taken for a ride!

See..even when I am trying to be sensible and reflective, the anger leaks out! RTID

The very language of negativity/loss/resentment/anger is actually rather more exciting and dramatic than the language of optimism.

Therefore, the negative arguments of doom-mongers always seem more powerful and persuasive. Ask any manager who has tried to sell change to a group of workers.

It is all too easy to crush " naive" talk of green shoots of recovery with tough talking descriptions of the end of the world-especially with the trail of destruction wreaked since the takeover.

My sense is that Venky's have destroyed Blackburn Rovers, as I knew it. However, there is always the chance that they may have extricated themselves from damaging contractual relationships with agents and are now free to change course.

How will we know if things actually are changing? What will we see? The removal of Agnew, the sidelining of Singh, some sensible transfer activity, decent season ticket prices, may be a start...the execution of Kean and Venky's returning to Ewood in sack cloth and ashes would also help!

Bloody Hell. I am no Albert Einstein but I could damned well tell them what to do. In particular, what message to give to the supporters about their attitude to their previous mistakes and their plans for the future.

Aside from everything else, there is a crisis of leadership here. It would require Moses style charisma to get many of us to sign up to the journey and, lets face it, babble from confused Venkatesh, arrogant baby-talk Shebby from...er..nonsense from "Madame" just don't cut it.

So as someone , who is still very angry with Venky's, I am genuinely prepared to notice green shoots, but I am wary of being taken for a ride!

See..even when I am trying to be sensible and reflective, the anger leaks out! RTID

What he said!

i think that`s a fair and reasonable attitude, as good as venkys could expect. it didn`t answer the question, but nevermind, good post..

Of course they can turn it around - but I doubt they will.

1. Convert all our existing debts into shares (as Jack used to do) - this will at least show they are in for the long haul.

2. Appoint a respected Chairperson.

3. Actually start attending matches - and staying in the area (even in this country would be a start)

4. Get us back in the Premiership

5. Continue to invest

As supporters we are a fickle bunch - some success (i.e. promotion) - would help the healing process. But they also need to show that their words, about how much they care for Rovers, is followed up by genuine action and hard cash to protect Rovers from the debt they have saddled us with.

I don't think the venkys attending more games right now would be a good idea, it just becomes a like a min-circus and brings out the worst in everybody, which only unessacerily disrupts the game and players minds,

I think its more important that they come and spend time in/around Blackburn and try and build some relations in the town with people they can trust and I also think it would give the players a boost if they popped into brockhall on occasion to give the players a pat on the back when they're doing well.

I don't think the venkys attending more games right now would be a good idea, it just becomes a like a min-circus and brings out the worst in everybody, which only unessacerily disrupts the game and players minds,

I think its more important that they come and spend time in/around Blackburn and try and build some relations in the town with people they can trust.

Completely agree TJ, there are lots of things they could and should do, I hope they can turn it around, I presume most others do also, because it appears that they will not be moved, "better late than never" and "too many cooks" are all too apparent to our "situation", it's the fact of their previous actions and / or decisions make people very suspicious and paranoid, we've all taken their "misgivings" very personally as we are all passionate about our club.

That's why people get so worked up, it pisses us off that we can't do much about it

All IMO of course.

I think its more important that they come and spend time in/around Blackburn and try and build some relations in the town with people they can trust and I also think it would give the players a boost if they popped into brockhall on occasion to give the players a pat on the back when they're doing well.

If one of them spoke directly to their own clubs supporters via the clubs own tv, radio station or the LT it might be a start. Something that they've failed to really do since they pitched up here.

Although its certainly more by luck than judgement, i think the Venky mob are actually doing the best thing they could do at present. Keep schtum and take advise off someone who knows a bit about running a football club. Christ knows who's advising them but somebody seems to be. The removal of Agnew, the sidelining of Singh and the opportunity given to a genuine bloke like Bowyer would suggest things might be moving in the right direction. They will have to go a long long way to win back my approval. However, the very fact this thread exists suggests the fan base think something good might be happening.

I think there scared stiff of doing personal interviews in England now, as they always put there foot in there mouths, for various reasons inc. mis understanding what theyre being asked and things getting lost in translation, miss placed humour, plain stupidity, family members contradicting each other, So again I thinks its for the best they keep schtum in public until they have something specific to say and they're all on the same page,

(though saying that if think they should do good sized article in the Lancashire telegraph before the season starts, just openly showing there support of the manager & players and wishing everybody the best for the season ahead)

Archived