BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Can venkys turn it around?

By the sounds of it, like a few others no doubt, there is a whisper that moves are afoot to shake things up somewhat at Rovers by the 'owners'. I am led to believe that this is indeed positive, but will have to wait and see whatever the announcement might be.

Though for me it will need more than talk and for that matter actions, this should have happened over twelve months ago. I now want to see tangible positive outcomes on the pitch, with the coaching staff and importantly in the boardroom down at Ewood, for me to begin to take anything eminating from Venkys/BRFC serious, otherwise it's the same old same old for me and still time for them to ship out.

i`m of the same mind, this would be last chance saloon in my mind for them, it`s for them to make good on their apparant `good intentions` now..

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too many bridges burned for me but the frightening thought remains that we are now in such a perilous financial situation that to bite the hand that feeds would be sheer suicide for the club.

There is one overriding problem here,the crux of our problems...I believe that we are not THE main focus of the Venky empire,this has and will always be to our detriment.They continue to run BRFC as a 'side show' operation...its as clear as daylight in everything they do.

Pure Amatuers.

Too many bridges burned for me but the frightening thought remains that we are now in such a perilous financial situation that to bite the hand that feeds would be sheer suicide for the club.

There is one overriding problem here,the crux of our problems...I believe that we are not THE main focus of the Venky empire,this has and will always be to our detriment.They continue to run BRFC as a 'side show' operation...its as clear as daylight in everything they do.

Pure Amatuers.

to be fair, do you feel jack walker prioritised rovers over his businesses? i definatly don`t think so..

Shame the rest of his family couldn't give a toss and sold his legacy to a group of people that I imagine Jack wouldn't even have gotten into a room with(business wise of course!).

comment deleted by saxo.

Lets put it this way Saxo fella...Jack Walker cared a damn sight more than this rabble will ever do!

`fella`? that`s so ten years ago now.. -_- file alongside `pants`.. -_-

edit- better add a ;)

I had my doubts and stayed away last season bar the odd game. I would suggest its now a case of promotion or BUST for Venkys.

I do think at last they are taking heed from the right people. Their views and visions have been realigned and things appear to be being shaken up. Bit by bit, the dead wood and liggers are being removed. Venkys need to put in place competent people and let them get on with the job.

I am going back with a season ticket for the forthcoming season and hope that the harsh lessons are being learned. Its interesting to note that not one of the venkys have been in the media spouting tripe. There is no longer the muppet that is agnew sniffing around, there is no kean or he who cant be named. at long last the cleansing brush is slowly disinfecting the club from top to bottom.

I hope it comes off. If promotion isn't achieved this season then Venkys will have no option but to sell a club that will be in "debt" to the tune of over £50m.

Promotion stabilises the money issues and probably allows for the required investment to stay up the following season.

Hate to say it but I seriously doubt it. We're in the worst position going into a season since they took over. Season 1 they inherited a mid-table PL side. Season 2 we began as relegation candidates but with enough in the playing squad to stay up. Season 3 we began as promotion favourites. Season 4 we're not even a good bet for the play-offs and looking at our transfer dealings so far it seems the transfer kitty is empty. Venkys remain as opaque as ever but its starting to feel to me like they're giving up.

Hate to say it but I seriously doubt it. We're in the worst position going into a season since they took over. Season 1 they inherited a mid-table PL side. Season 2 we began as relegation candidates but with enough in the playing squad to stay up. Season 3 we began as promotion favourites. Season 4 we're not even a good bet for the play-offs and looking at our transfer dealings so far it seems the transfer kitty is empty. Venkys remain as opaque as ever but its starting to feel to me like they're giving up.

Disagree. We're in a far better place this season than last. No Singh, no Agnew, no @#/? Steve Kean.

Sensible decisions are being made. Unfortunately I'd suggest we need 5 years of sensible decision making and a lot of luck to get us back to where we were.

Anyway, apologies, back to the topic thread, saxoman...

how shall i put this,,?,,, i`ve heard it suggested jack was very un-pc(putting it mildly) in a certain way..

i won`t elaborate, but i bet you get what i mean.. ;)

)

Very poor post my friend. You argue with such certainty about something you know little about....best to shut up.

Disagree. We're in a far better place this season than last. No Singh, no Agnew, no @#/? Steve Kean.

Sensible decisions are being made. Unfortunately I'd suggest we need 5 years of sensible decision making and a lot of luck to get us back to where we were.

At last!! A sensible and realistic opinion. Whatever is happening behind the scenes has resulted in some logical decision making. But even then this club is a shadow of its former self and the repair job will be large to say the least. Good work Bob.

No Singh Bob? Are you certain?

how shall i put this,,?,,, i`ve heard it suggested jack was very un-pc(putting it mildly) in a certain way..

`fella`? that`s so ten years ago now.. -_- file alongside `pants`.. -_-

edit- better add a ;)

Well thats done it for me Saxo. I'll never look upon the man the same again. Take down his statue i say.

Get a grip man.

No Singh Bob? Are you certain?

No, I'm not certain but he's making a good go of it. For a man who can't keep his gob / arse shut this must be killing him. I can't see him coming back now, the club has been far too sensibly run over the last few weeks.

Of course it could all change at the drop of a hat, we could sign half a dozen lads from Cambodia (an untapped market I think you'll find) and give two year contracts to Jan Molby and Tony Adams, but right now? No, the club has none of the hallmarks that has blighted it for the last 2.5 years. It almost seems to be pulling in the right direction.

It's too little too late. Far too much damage has been done.

To turn it round would require a massive increase in squad quality, and promotion next season.

Parachute payments go down after next season and then we really will be sliding into the abyss.

as far as i can see it`s on topic..

Proof? Thought not....

Agree with a lot of your post but not with the claim Venkys can turn it round (as the OP suggests) and not that we're in a better position this season than last. Better internal decisions are being made but in my opinion external influences outweigh them. I spent all last season banging on about us not having time to develop the likes of Berg and Appleton, even if they had shown promise. We needed experience because last season was always gonna be our best chance, but we wasted it. Our spending has been non-existent this summer compared to last, Wigan and QPR are now in our league (daunting to say the very least), and if we lose Rhodes we are well and truly Keaned. There's more encouragement for the heart this season, but I'd argue the same or less encouragement for the head.

to be fair, do you feel jack walker prioritised rovers over his businesses? i definatly don`t think so..

I cannot believe I have read what I have from you in regards to Jack. Clearly you know the square route of @#/? all about him.

I first met Jack when I was 4, my father did business with him. My father hates football with a passion and yet all he says Jack went on about once business was concluded was Rovers and how he should come up and watch them one day. He went, with me and my love affair started. That match is the only match he has ever watched live, ever. The man was dying and as opposed to spending his final times with his family he was at Ewood working to get us back where we belong. He stepped in when we were on our knees and gave us a golden period the likes of which we'll likely never see again. His will was all about Rovers ensuring we could continue as he had dreamed. His families actions after that point cannot be blamed on him and flybe was nothing to Jack compared to his love, rovers. Almost every action the man took once he owned us and even before was for the betterment of our club and consequently us, you do him a massive disservice with your bullshit words.

My families Chelsea through and through down here and all they say is this:

It's little wonder you're a rover that mans passion for rovers was intoxicating and infectious, he stole you from us.

You're a joke to have said what you have about Jack and clearly knew the square route of @#/? all about him.

Archived