BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Quite right. A cricket team, like a football team is for life. You don't change sides. For an Englishman to support Australia at tiddlywinks never mind cricket is unforgiveable.

And the Somerset gnome still hasn't stated why he doesn't support England at cricket.

Back to the action, Warner is out to a stupid shot. Couldn't happen to a nicer chap after his comments in the first Test.

Good luck to Panesar. He needs something to go right in his life after his problems this year.

Good day for England but should have been so much better, three dropped catches could prove to be very costly come the end of this game.

Aye very true, tho tbf root's would have been a worldie so arguably 2 dropped catches. The balance one was a shambles. He looked like kean flapping at a cross

Still eng would have taken that score after losing the toss. Still its hard to judge a pitch until both side have had a whack on it

Good day for England but should have been so much better, three dropped catches could prove to be very costly come the end of this game.

Personally i think a poor day for England, the game is there for the taking for the Aussies, another 100 in the morning and England will be struggling not to go 2-0 down.

Could have been worse, but i dont see anyone in England colours in good nick with the bat. Could be wrong, but i can see another pasting coming along.

Personally i think a poor day for England, the game is there for the taking for the Aussies, another 100 in the morning and England will be struggling not to go 2-0 down.

Could have been worse, but i dont see anyone in England colours in good nick with the bat. Could be wrong, but i can see another pasting coming along.

Funny that, Baz. I saw it the other way around.

A lost opportunity for the Aussies. With the construction work going on, it has made the ground smaller, consequently it will (should) be easier to score.

Let's see what happens when England bat.

I'm not expecting an England fightback today. The team hasn't played well for some time and several players are woefully out of form. England won last summer thanks to Bell and Broad in the main and you cannot rely on one of two players to get you out of trouble all the time. You also have to question the preparation for this tour, which seems inadequate and comes down to the management. Flower has done a great job but I sense he's had enough after a fair stint and it could be time for change - and that goes for some of the players too. This tour could well be their last. Fortunately we have some good young players coming through.

England not select Onions now looks a poor decision because Anderson looks shattered, he's not swinging the ball, he's down on pace, he's going for runs and he's not taking wickets. I think he needs a rest at the WACA particularly with it being such a quick turn around, but who do you bring in Bresnan has hardly played in the last few months and Finn, Rankin and Tremlett are all bounce it in bowlers, they have no one to bring in to pitch the ball up and swing it like Anderson does when on top form.

Edited by somersetrover

Ill be there Saturday onwards.Hopefully another big scoring day on the drop in pitch with short boundaries to boot.

Im never impressed with a pitch that offers so little for a bowler.

Hope you enjoy your day out.

Massive day tomorrow for the whole Ashes tour. Personally think England lack a few more tough-nuts with the mindset of Atherton, Boycott, etc, a role Trott has excelled at in past few years. We also need a few more "effort" bowlers, as the pitches are really offering nothing at the moment.

The trouble is Trott has not "excelled" for some time. He was a liability last summer.

Admittedly Trott didn't excel in the summer, but that role I described is sorely missing at present from our side.