BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers takeover?

The point is that at the time I was busy reassuring myself that JW would have had some involvement in the checking out/assessment of Venky's /the decision making by the "trust", so things would be ok.

If JW really had no involvement, that would explain a lot. It would also say something about the definition of his relationship with other trust members ..

Was he really so powerless? I can only imagine how he must have felt watching the takeover.

Unfortunately, JW has not spoken on the record or I am sure we would all know a lot more.

JW was just a chap doing a job for the owners....it wouldn't have been down to him who would buy the club.

Basically we had someone that wanted to sell desperately and willing buyers came in. On paper they look normal business people but in reality and with hindsight we now know that they are complete knobs

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bottom line is the Trust wanted out. They would have sold us to anyone who came calling, and they did. The silence from them over the last three years has been deafening.

+1 Tyrone.

Along with the current incumbents who are still in situ from the same regime.

Will believe it when I see it. I'd like to see us taken over by someone, but I don't want us to become some rich guy's toy. My interest in football is steadily declining because of the ridiculous amounts of money involved. The modern game is lacking a lot of the attributes I initially loved about football, but then again - so is the world around it.

Chaddy has blamed our lack of spending this summer on adapting to the FFP rules. In that sense, would it matter who owns us or are there easy routes around it?

And therein lies the REAL problem!!

Northern Rover retweeted

الشيخ عمران

@SHEIKHLABAN

#Brfc expect some news about potential buyers for rovers in the next few weeks from the middle east!! Could b happy times for rovers fans!!

Have you seen the other retweets?

This guy looks like a fake from b'burn " @SHEIKHLABAN: @mirriart marhabam bikum zaabir frm lovly istanbul!! Bk tomoz to blkburn shareef"

And " @SHEIKHLABAN: @Mohammed_Mogra moggy hws u lad?? Bit quiet arnt u these days?? Everything k??"

Can`t see it making any difference if it were true, we`ll still be in the championship and we`ll still be hampered by FFP.

Will believe it when I see it. I'd like to see us taken over by someone, but I don't want us to become some rich guy's toy. My interest in football is steadily declining because of the ridiculous amounts of money involved. The modern game is lacking a lot of the attributes I initially loved about football, but then again - so is the world around it.

Chaddy has blamed our lack of spending this summer on adapting to the FFP rules. In that sense, would it matter who owns us or are there easy routes around it?

But lads this is the problem any savvy decent owner with an ounce of common sense would have knowledge and know how of how to get round FFP unfortunately we have owners who have the amount of common sense as a pea it doesn't take a rocket scientist to come up with a plan to own multiple clubs and transfer players freely without being questioned about it Watfords owners managed it in 10 mins & any sensible owner would have the know how how to get more dosh in with the naming rights to the stadium sadly our owners do not.

Archived