BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers takeover?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on Rovers11, you know better than to get people's hopes up with bullsh*t twitter rumours.

You never know. Owners are losing a lot of money and wouldn't surprise me if they are looking for an escape route.

Crucially, Kamy has said he's also heard rumours that buyers from the middle east are interested.

I hear rumours everyday. Most of time it is BS. These are unsubstantiated rumours.

Just talked to senior Venky's source who has said that there have been a number of approaches to buy Rovers in last 6 months, all have been ignored.

Surely because the offers have been derisory. They're losing money hand over fist, the sensible thing to do would be to sell.

Of course, Venkys being 100% insane probably doesn't help in that sense.

You never know. Owners are losing a lot of money and wouldn't surprise me if they are looking for an escape route.

Crucially, Kamy has said he's also heard rumours that buyers from the middle east are interested.

I can quite believe the owners want out !

Not sure anyone will buy it though but a lot depends on the price ...

Personally think Venkys never wanted it , they were sold down the river by a certain gent who has made a fortune out of them since .....

I can quite believe the owners want out !

Not sure anyone will buy it though but a lot depends on the price ...

Personally think Venkys never wanted it , they were sold down the river by a certain gent who has made a fortune out of them since .....

Think you're bang on there. Rovers was a business investment which they thought would earn them money. Wonder who told them that?!

In reality, it's costing them fortunes.

Can`t see it making any difference if it were true, we`ll still be in the championship and we`ll still be hampered by FFP.

There are plenty of loopholes around the FFP, which a lot of clubs are already seeking to exploit. Theoretically, if Venky's did sell up to some rich Middle-Easterns, we wouldn't be hogtied. That doesn't change the fact it isn't happening, though.

Guest Norbert

Probably Mercerman's mystery buyers. I won't believe this ever coming off. Venky's are losing money like no tomorrow but they seem determined to hold on to the club. Nor can I see any Arabs being much better to be honest. Just look at Leeds and the odd goings on there.

Will believe it when I see it. I'd like to see us taken over by someone, but I don't want us to become some rich guy's toy. My interest in football is steadily declining because of the ridiculous amounts of money involved. The modern game is lacking a lot of the attributes I initially loved about football, but then again - so is the world around it.

Chaddy has blamed our lack of spending this summer on adapting to the FFP rules. In that sense, would it matter who owns us or are there easy routes around it?

all the off pitch decisions(removing certain board members, sticking with mr. steady as manager, ignoring shabby) and our transfer in/out dealings this summer could suggest that they are clearing they decks and are ready to entertain selling at least, but as others have said, I'll believe it when I see it.

Archived