BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers takeover?

It'll be Sheik Makthoum Dansoor Williams and we'll be treated once again to the world's only existing photo of Mr. Williams, that graduation style portrait, but this time with Arab robes photo shopped over. And he will of course have been a Rovers fan ever since he was growing up as a kid making sandcastles and playing beach football in the sand dunes of Dubai.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Norbert

Someone posted these messages on facebook. Apparently Sheikh Ratl-An-Rol or whatever the main man is rumoured to be has been dead for 6 years according to one reply.

All sounds so hope crushingly familiar doesn't it....... :glare:

Venkys are naive gobshytes of the highest order when it comes to football and were sold a pup in Rovers.

no they were not, they turned it into a pup

I can quite believe the owners want out !

Not sure anyone will buy it though but a lot depends on the price ...

Personally think Venkys never wanted it , they were sold down the river by a certain gent who has made a fortune out of them since .....

No doubt in my mind Venkys will be looking for a similar deal to the one they had - buy the club at +/- £25m plus debt. Trouble is the debt, in whatever form it now takes, is probably three times that which Venkys took on

OMG ! It's always the hope that kills me.

I still remember with much discomfort how I got sucked in to the Venky's message that they would respect the structure and culture of the club, just invest more.

I began to feel uneasy, just seeing them at the Villa game and this only worsened when pro Rovers, Dave Whelan made his comments immediately

afterwards.

A few short weeks later...well the rest is history, but the question is....am I gonna learn from it?

A bit like the decision to invade Afghanistan...a quick look at the simplest history book would tell any school boy that it always had and always would turn to s***t...

OMG ! It's always the hope that kills me.

I still remember with much discomfort how I got sucked in to the Venky's message that they would respect the structure and culture of the club, just invest more.

I began to feel uneasy, just seeing them at the Villa game and this only worsened when pro Rovers, Dave Whelan made his comments immediately

afterwards.

A few short weeks later...well the rest is history, but the question is....am I gonna learn from it?

A bit like the decision to invade Afghanistan...a quick look at the simplest history book would tell any school boy that it always had and always would turn to s***t...

You surprise me there Leonard.

I never doubted that they would be 'wrong uns' from the start. Disregarding the form books, disregarding the drug dealer appearence did you never ask yourself the one simple question but the most important and overriding one..... "Why?" Three years on and there is still no valid answer and certainly nothing to be of value or benefit to BRFC or even Blackburn imo.

If they're not selling, perhaps they intend to get their money back another way?

By liquidating the club?

they have been liquidating the assets for 2 years, hence the quality of the squad

You surprise me there Leonard.

I never doubted that they would be 'wrong uns' from the start. Disregarding the form books, disregarding the drug dealer appearence did you never ask yourself the one simple question but the most important and overriding one..... "Why?" Three years on and there is still no valid answer and certainly nothing to be of value or benefit to BRFC or even Blackburn imo.

Bless me, Father for I have sinned. I know I am very judgemental. Yes, the Barry White/drug dealer, ponytail s**t were significant ..er...barriers.

Could I think of any man with with a ponytail that was all right? Francis Rossi?.....nah...but I think John Lennon had one for a while....

The careful statement from Mme Desai about respecting the traditions of the club was spin, but the problem was that I actually wanted to believe it. I also thought I trusted John Williams to manage the due diligence, to know if they were wrong-uns...not to sell us down the river..to pass on the golden thread...

In my defence, that doesn't make me Neville Chamberlain! ...But yes, you are quite right. I did wonder why.

Anyway, it only took me a week to worry and a bit longer to panic.

And now I suffer

Bless me, Father for I have sinned. I know I am very judgemental. Yes, the Barry White/drug dealer, ponytail s**t were significant ..er...barriers.

Could I think of any man with with a ponytail that was all right? Francis Rossi?.....nah...but I think John Lennon had one for a while....

The careful statement from Mme Desai about respecting the traditions of the club was spin, but the problem was that I actually wanted to believe it. I also thought I trusted John Williams to manage the due diligence, to know if they were wrong-uns...not to sell us down the river..to pass on the golden thread...

In my defence, that doesn't make me Neville Chamberlain! ...But yes, you are quite right. I did wonder why.

Anyway, it only took me a week to worry and a bit longer to panic.

And now I suffer

Due diligence is carried out by the buyer,

the trust was obliged to checkout the Raos

not JW

Due diligence is carried out by the buyer,

the trust was obliged to checkout the Raos

not JW

The point is that at the time I was busy reassuring myself that JW would have had some involvement in the checking out/assessment of Venky's /the decision making by the "trust", so things would be ok.

If JW really had no involvement, that would explain a lot. It would also say something about the definition of his relationship with other trust members ..

Was he really so powerless? I can only imagine how he must have felt watching the takeover.

Unfortunately, JW has not spoken on the record or I am sure we would all know a lot more.

Archived