BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer

I I had to pull over (I was driving) and have a moment

Fair play to you Ozz! I was delighted but I never went that far! Then again I was sat in the front room with Mrs F. And the kids were up. We had champagne instead - which is @#/? IMO - but had been in the fridge for far too long waiting for that arsehole to sling his hook.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Newell.... inexperienced, poor record so far. Why ? - except he's a former Rover. Henning Berg ?

Megson.. experienced, but blimey his teams are dire.

O'Neill...does he want it any more ? Busted flush, yesterday's man.

Hoddle...too long out of the game. Not realistic.

Poyet...possible, but would he come? Left Brighton under a big cloud.

McClaren...wally with a brolly ? Hard to see him at Ewood really.

Constant chopping and changing the manager is hurting the club financially. Why would we change yet again when there are no standout alternatives?

Because in the world of Venky they are sh1ting themselves that the ''promised'' promotion this season (god knows who by) might not be a cert with only two wins so far !!

And they probably have the same diary note as Stuart!! Ha ha

Annual shuffling of the manager day tomorrow then is it?? Lets hope we dont lose then or anything could happen

Newell - oh yes, that'll go down well with Shelfy - he gets on well with Agents

Megson - would be a horrendous choice. Terrible man.

O'Neill - he's not daft enough surely? Does he need it?

Hoddle - for the love of God - bit far up Norf for our Glenda I'd suggest

Poyet - yep

Mclaren - hit and miss. Mainly miss.

Anyway, it's a stupid discussion. We've players out who would make a difference. Besides, you're trying to think logically about the next appointment - which will hopefully be a long time away. Change it now and expect Judan Ali with Terry Keanwit as Director of Football.

Problem is Bob, the Raos didn't come here to throw million after million at a mid table championship club. I just think, one way or another, they won't accept the current situation for very long.

Problem is Bob, the Raos didn't come here to throw million after million at a mid table championship club. I just think, one way or another, they won't accept the current situation for very long.

Absolutely. I've no idea why they came here in the first place either, but it would appear that indeed they did put 24m into VLL, 'cause they can (don't get me wrong, I'm not confident either). If it's for brand awareness well that's going terrible badly. They're up there with Ratner on that one.

As for not accepting the current situation, well that's nothing but a joke. What do they expect? It will take time, we've 3 forwards injured ffs. Leave Shaw in charge, a man who cost them a lot of money in court and what do they expect? Bring Singh back and honestly, what do they expect?

So go on, change it again. Why not? I mean they don't know who to trust do they? Try asking around, asking other Premier League Chairmen (we're hardly a threat are we), ask Finn, Williams, Coar, The Trust, Battersby, Currie, you, me, theno, Stu, Pat, B&WA (and he doesn't even go). Walk in blues bar after a match. Ask the ruddy fans.

After the complete mess that Kean left us in anyone who comes in will need time. There is no quick fix. Small steps, gradual improvement, consolidation. Removal of deadwood.

Hardly exciting but it's called reality.

Newell, Megson(not my favourite but miles better than bowyer), Oneill, Hoddle, Poyet, McClaren,...very quickly off top of my head...

what a shocking shortlist that is!!! I would only have Hoddle of that shortlist. rest I wouldn't touch at all. thank god you are not owner or CEO!!!

Sparky doesn't know who's available.

oh what a shame. If Sparky Marky wants Bowyer sack then he must know who he would like to see as Manager then!

Sparky is an attention seeker. You knock one troll down and another turns up spouting the same thing post after post.

I agree Al there.

Bowyer NEEDS to be given the season to see how well he does this season after a full season!!!

Sparky Marky are you a season ticket holder? do you go to games?

What a stupid question yet a bloody gain.

We are not part of the football community hence we are not privvy as to who would be available and willing to take the job on. Having an alternative should not be a prerequisite to having an opinion. I think Nigel Evans is a crap MP. Can I not say it without offering an alternative from the whole UK populous? FFS!

Not that I'm in the sack Bowyer camp as he is delivering what I expected of him and he is in line with the clubs new lack of ambition. But he is not immune to critique, eg. when dithering over subs and will be praised when good things occur, eg, back to back home wins

Do I go to games? Oh yes....and it's dire.....

10 years of trolling then eh?

10 years of BS then. :lol::D

I go to every home game and miss one in years and I'm happy with the way the team is being build. its takes time to build a team. doesn't happen overnight.

Bowyer needs time and patience. why won't you give him a full season and judge him at the end of the season???

After the complete mess that Kean left us in anyone who comes in will need time. There is no quick fix. Small steps, gradual improvement, consolidation. Removal of deadwood.

Hardly exciting but it's called reality.

Is that reality?

I'm confused as to which abstract quality this gradual improvement is based on, because it can't be results.

As for the consolidation/removal of deadwood, well:

Out - Orr, Givet, Pedersen, Formica, Olsson, Goodwillie, Gomes, Murphy, Kazim-Richards

In - Marshall, Songo'o, Evans, Cairney, Spurr, Marrow, Judge, Taylor, Kilgallon

This is expected to work is it? I think I need to get hold of some of these drugs everyone seems to be taking.

Newell.... inexperienced, poor record so far. Why ? - except he's a former Rover. Henning Berg ?

Megson.. experienced, but blimey his teams are dire.

O'Neill...does he want it any more ? Busted flush, yesterday's man.

Hoddle...too long out of the game. Not realistic.

Poyet...possible, but would he come? Left Brighton under a big cloud.

McClaren...wally with a brolly ? Hard to see him at Ewood really.

Constant chopping and changing the manager is hurting the club financially. Why would we change yet again when there are no standout alternatives?

Pretty much my view. O'neill's heart isn't in it any more, and that was a big factor in his teams-motivation. And Megson is simply poo. Not sure Poyet would flourish under our glorious leaders either. So therefore unless someone really good is clearly available, we have to keep Bowyer. Just look at how well last season's appointments went.

What a stupid question yet a bloody gain.

We are not part of the football community hence we are not privvy as to who would be available and willing to take the job on. Having an alternative should not be a prerequisite to having an opinion. I think Nigel Evans is a crap MP. Can I not say it without offering an alternative from the whole UK populous? FFS!

Not that I'm in the sack Bowyer camp as he is delivering what I expected of him and he is in line with the clubs new lack of ambition. But he is not immune to critique, eg. when dithering over subs and will be praised when good things occur, eg, back to back home wins

You sir, are the biggest joke on the forum. You openly admit to not going to games and yet you are the biggest critic of anything BRFC on here. A Supporters forum. Kean me.

Oh, sorry about that. Forgot to add that yellow winky smiley thing that makes it all better.

Exactly. That is why I am hopeful Bowyer has at least 1 full season. It was too crazy last season, and it cost us a lot financially and in terms of results. We need to build something, not just knock it down every time 1 or 2 things look a slightly wonky.

Is that reality?

I'm confused as to which abstract quality this gradual improvement is based on, because it can't be results.

As for the consolidation/removal of deadwood, well:

Out - Orr, Givet, Pedersen, Formica, Olsson, Goodwillie, Gomes, Murphy, Kazim-Richards

In - Marshall, Songo'o, Evans, Cairney, Spurr, Marrow, Judge, Taylor, Kilgallon

This is expected to work is it? I think I need to get hold of some of these drugs everyone seems to be taking.

It's called reality SKH. We've been living in it for about 5 months now. Wage reduction, living to your means, or trying to.

The job was knackered after last summer, we're still paying god knows how much for god knows how many Portugal players, players out on loan. Players paid off. Etutu - with apologies to the club for mentioning him again, but he ain't cheap. What are you expecting? QPR expenditure from BRFC? On our gates? On our income stream?!

As for improvement, well that will take time. We have more fighters in the team than this time last year at any rate. Quality will take time. Unfortunately it doesn't take a genius to realise that Venkys won't afford that to Bowyer, nor will some of the clubs fans or indeed some people who post on here.

So here we go again, on the eve of another "must win" game. Jesus Hector Christ.

Bob tell us why is it must win? Only Sparky Marky wants Bowyer gone!

And thanks for the kind words above. All because I had the temerity to post an opinion that differs. I take it, as it is a "supporters site" you've never once had a negative word for a peformance, a signing or even Kean. Or is it do as I say. Not as I do? There is an ignore function you can use.

• Backroom

It's clear there are still a lot of people on here who really have not (or don't want to) grasp the reality of our situation. Anyone who attempts to do so is called unambitious or negative.

It amazes me that, after the past few years and considering Venky's are still in charge, anyone would at this point in time think a change of manager would be a good idea. Or further, that Venky's would actually appoint somebody sensible. Long-term amnesia is the only defence for that belief.

Rome wasn't built in a day and the destruction Venky's have wrought on this club over the past few seasons will not be undone in a single season. The club has been dismantled from the ground up, destroyed in every conceivable way from the boardroom to the playing staff to the fanbase. The Raos barely left anything unmolested in their quest for "champions league" and now with a limited budget Bowyer is supposed to be achieving the playoffs? Come on.

It's called reality SKH. We've been living in it for about 5 months now. Wage reduction, living to your means, or trying to.

The job was knackered after last summer, we're still paying god knows how much for god knows how many Portugal players, players out on loan. Players paid off. Etutu - with apologies to the club for mentioning him again, but he ain't cheap. What are you expecting? QPR expenditure from BRFC? On our gates? On our income stream?!

As for improvement, well that will take time. We have more fighters in the team than this time last year at any rate. Quality will take time. Unfortunately it doesn't take a genius to realise that Venkys won't afford that to Bowyer, nor will some of the clubs fans or indeed some people who post on here.

So here we go again, on the eve of another "must win" game. Jesus Hector Christ.

I know exactly what you are saying Bob but also understand SKH's sheer frustration at what we have become. The steps we are now having to take, the mediocrity that we now symbolise are the fruits of 3 yrs of completely avoidable errors and chronically recurring awful decisions. The Club is hideous top to bottom and i agree that what we now have is what we now are at playing level. It is horrendously hard to accept as a long suffering fan knowing that the self destruct button keeps getting pushed. That i think is what is eating away at SKH.

It wont take time to stabilise becuase if time is needed it wont be given by these nobheads.They knee jerk around and you get the feeling that unless we are p1ssing the league they are only a couple of dodgy results from another calamitous decision.To be fair to SKH i dont think Marrow, Taylor , Judge et al will particulalry stabilise anything cos they are bang average, though honest enough and thats an improvement on last years mob .But sadly its the hand we dealt ourselves and thats what eats away at all of us.

We are rammed between a rock and a hard place-financially bolloxed and the need to work our way back into complying with FFP means that it will takes its toll on the quality of the playing squad. Long on numbers but woefully short on quality is not the equation we need for a promotion push with £2m plus losses to fund every month.

Venkys going will undoubtedly cause a huge huge problem given the operating cost pile they have built up but at the same time , as long as they are here its the long winding road to Nowheresville

Bob tell us why is it must win? Only Sparky Marky wants Bowyer gone!

And thanks for the kind words above. All because I had the temerity to post an opinion that differs. I take it, as it is a "supporters site" you've never once had a negative word for a peformance, a signing or even Kean. Or is it do as I say. Not as I do? There is an ignore function you can use.

It's because, the ironically named "Blue and White Army", you don't even watch the home matches, yet you have the temerity to have the loudest negative voice on here! I've a good mind to log on to the "fell walking today" website and tell them it's all "bloody rubbish" as well - not that I've been for ages.

Thanks for your consistently overly critical opinion, it means a lot. (Inserts yellow winky smiley that makes everything ok)

Takes deep breath.... Pauses.... Ach....

And you know the daft thing, I was a tad abrasive above, I'm not going to delete it though. We all give a damn. I'd buy you a pint tomorrow at the match (if I was going) or on Tuesday?

It's clear there are still a lot of people on here who really have not (or don't want to) grasp the reality of our situation. Anyone who attempts to do so is called unambitious or negative.

It amazes me that, after the past few years and considering Venky's are still in charge, anyone would at this point in time think a change of manager would be a good idea. Or further, that Venky's would actually appoint somebody sensible. Long-term amnesia is the only defence for that belief.

Rome wasn't built in a day and the destruction Venky's have wrought on this club over the past few seasons will not be undone in a single season. The club has been dismantled from the ground up, destroyed in every conceivable way from the boardroom to the playing staff to the fanbase. The Raos barely left anything unmolested in their quest for "champions league" and now with a limited budget Bowyer is supposed to be achieving the playoffs? Come on.

Venkys could improve the situation, by bringing in the right people and allowing them to run the club. Jack Walker & John Williams being the best example. Otherwise any progress is made on foundations of sand.

• Backroom

Venkys could improve the situation, by bringing in the right people and allowing them to run the club. Jack Walker & John Williams being the best example. Otherwise any progress is made on foundations of sand.

They could do, but seeing as they aren't doing this, surely it just emphasises the point that Bowyer is doing a pretty good job with the resources available and structure in place?

They could do, but seeing as they aren't doing this, surely it just emphasises the point that Bowyer is doing a pretty good job with the resources available and structure in place?

Early days on Bowyer for my money. He seems to be popular with the majority of the fans, and the players. However, Im worried about his signings. Ultimately a managers performance is judged on results, and this season (since becoming permanent), they are mixed. In no way is this a Bowyer Out message, its a dont go overboard message.

Well you seem to be alternating between 2 realities here. In one you claim things are on the up. We're improving, consolidating, getting rid of players we don't need. In the other we're knackered and cutting costs because we have to so fans shouldn't expect anything.

Believe me I'm aware of the situation we've been in the last 5 months, I was predicting it all last season and saying 12/13 was our best and possibly only chance of promotion. Whilst other fans were calling for our managers to be given time and claiming we'd have a much better shot at promotion next (i.e. this) season. Well it feels to me like exactly the same thing is happening again. 9 high earners off the wage bill this summer, how many will it be next summer? The whole point is we don't have time. Last season we needed a decent manager to get promoted, this season we need a very good one, next season he'll have to be a flipping genius with what we'll have left by then.

I judge all managers and players on their past records. If they don't have a past record then I assume there's a large chance they won't be good enough, because that's reality in football. Megson has a very good past record. He managed Stockport to 8th in the 2nd tier (have a guess where they are now), he took Stoke into the 2nd tier play-off positions before inexplicably getting sacked, he promoted West Brom twice, and was the main contributor to Sheff Wednesday's promotion from League 1 a couple of years ago. He had one major failure at Bolton, but flipping heck name me a manager in football with 650 games experience who hasn't failed once.

I'm a positive fan when I can see black and white evidence to back someone up. You'll never hear me throwing banal insults at proven managers or players because they're not attractive to watch/fashionable/likeable. But what I struggle to get behind is people in the game who have never proven themselves, and we're expected to assume they're good based on nothing more than blind hope and dubious "improvements" that some fans have decided they've made.

Archived