BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer

He hasn't got a bloody clue what he's doing, we'll get battered 3-0

I wouldn't say he hasn't got a clue i reckon it's more like he's being stubborn. He has a way he want's them to play i.e standing off and trying to keep possesion and nullify the home side in the first half then have a go after the break and it seems he'll keep going that way till it works. I personally don't think it's the right way to go about it at most teams in this div mainly because we ain't good enough to pass it around under pressure.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Managing Director Derek Shaw " - four words to fill you with dread.

Since Venkys took over we've had:

A Chairman

A "Manager"

A Deputy CEO (with no actual CEO)

A General Manager

A Managing Director

(Feel like I've missed someone)

All seemingly "in charge" yet we still have no idea who calls the shots.

Here you are Sparky. Your perfect oppotunity to 'get real' with fat Dunn, Dithery Derek, Craig Short and your mate Gazza B

An evening with Gary Bowyer £5

Listen, I've nothing against old Gazza B, I just don't think he's good enough to manage my club now and he wouldn't have been good enough pre-Jack. Even then we had the likes of Archibald, Ossie, Stapleton, Eyal...and more...happy to drop down a division to play for us, cute loan signings that gave us the edge, but this guys the opposite...no contacts, nothing to excite the fans, football's a bit @#/?....steady eddie will eventually have a bad season and from steady you get relegated.

Anyway happy anniversary everyone on Jerome withdraws Kean from the spotlight day

Ah yes, tomorrow isn't it? Who can forget that Friday night last year? One of the happiest days supporting Rovers in the last three years.

This despite the fact that it opened the door for the Malaysian equivalent of Terry @#/?wit to take control and deliver some of the worst interviews I've had the misfortune to ever hear, a revolving door of new questionable managers and further incompetence at Board level the likes of which has never been seen in this country but which is presumably the norm for the Venky's.

Here you are Sparky. Your perfect oppotunity to 'get real' with fat Dunn, Dithery Derek, Craig Short and your mate Gazza B

An evening with Gary Bowyer £5

how many tickets normally on sale ?

I reckon Lofty will have a couple of his mates planted in the audience, to tell everyone

what a good job they are all doings, and Venky's are wonderful loyal backers of the club,

and we really should be grateful to have them.

"Managing Director Derek Shaw " - four words to fill you with dread.

Since Venkys took over we've had:

A Chairman

A "Manager"

A Deputy CEO (with no actual CEO)

A General Manager

A Managing Director

(Feel like I've missed someone)

All seemingly "in charge" yet we still have no idea who calls the shots.

A global advisor to add to the list

Ah yes, tomorrow isn't it? Who can forget that Friday night last year? One of the happiest days supporting Rovers in the last three years.

This despite the fact that it opened the door for the Malaysian equivalent of Terry Keanwit to take control and deliver some of the worst interviews I've had the misfortune to ever hear, a revolving door of new questionable managers and further incompetence at Board level the likes of which has never been seen in this country but which is presumably the norm for the Venky's.

I was so happy when he 'resigned' that I stuck an annual reminder in my phone!

Happy Kean Out Eve everyone!

Listen, I've nothing against old Gazza B, I just don't think he's good enough to manage my club now and he wouldn't have been good enough pre-Jack. Even then we had the likes of Archibald, Ossie, Stapleton, Eyal...and more...happy to drop down a division to play for us.

All those players you mention were brought in AFTER Jack started funding the club.

Newell, Megson(not my favourite but miles better than bowyer), Oneill, Hoddle, Poyet, Mclaren,...very quickly off top of my head...

Newell.... inexperienced, poor record so far. Why ? - except he's a former Rover. Henning Berg ?

Megson.. experienced, but blimey his teams are dire.

O'Neill...does he want it any more ? Busted flush, yesterday's man.

Hoddle...too long out of the game. Not realistic.

Poyet...possible, but would he come? Left Brighton under a big cloud.

McClaren...wally with a brolly ? Hard to see him at Ewood really.

Constant chopping and changing the manager is hurting the club financially. Why would we change yet again when there are no standout alternatives?

I remember Mrs Fleming texting me the news. I had to pull over (I was driving) and have a moment, before ringing her to check it wasn't a cruel, cruel hoax. Then to the offie :)

Newell, Megson(not my favourite but miles better than bowyer), Oneill, Hoddle, Poyet, Mclaren,...very quickly off top of my head...

Newell - oh yes, that'll go down well with Shelfy - he gets on well with Agents

Megson - would be a horrendous choice. Terrible man.

O'Neill - he's not daft enough surely? Does he need it?

Hoddle - for the love of God - bit far up Norf for our Glenda I'd suggest

Poyet - yep

Mclaren - hit and miss. Mainly miss.

Anyway, it's a stupid discussion. We've players out who would make a difference. Besides, you're trying to think logically about the next appointment - which will hopefully be a long time away. Change it now and expect Judan Ali with Terry @#/?wit as Director of Football.

Archived