BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer

• Backroom

I think I've refrained from commenting on Bowyer so far. After today that's it for me, if we have any thought of promotion we need a new manager.

Bowyer is devoid of ideas, inspiration and tactics. He seems a very decent guy but at best he's an average manager. Our first priority has to be a new manager who can inspire and motivate the team.

This is not a Bowyer out post. Only my view we will go nowhere with him in charge. Every game I've seen this season has been identical, we lack variation, inspiration, creativity, there is just nothing there and it starts and finishes with the manager.

We're 3 points off the playoffs, can finally defend and are for the first time a fairly stable team. Considering up until this season Bowyer had never managed the first team of any football club before I'd say his being "average" actually isn't bad going at all.

Who do you advocate for the position of manager btw Paul? Keep in mind who our owners are, and how tarnished the club's reputation is.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're always off the play-offs, close, thereabouts, we need to be in the play-offs, minimum. If we don't take our chances all we're doing is making it harder and we're a green team on all levels. It's rare that something so new wins in sport let alone football.

We just don't have enough quality across the board, we need more.

And yet we've been told we have zero dollar and Gestede is the best we can afford.

We're not good enough, we need more than we have and that doesn't mean replacing GB.

Call Dick Bate GB ask him who he rates as an attacking coach and see if he's what we need. We have the basics right, now we need that extra dimension adding into our play.

And a couple of good players when you go to see the gravitational Madame Misery.

We're 3 points off the playoffs, can finally defend and are for the first time a fairly stable team. Considering up until this season Bowyer had never managed the first team of any football club before I'd say his being "average" actually isn't bad going at all.

Who do you advocate for the position of manager btw Paul? Keep in mind who our owners are, and how tarnished the club's reputation is.

I will do it.

we have kept 6 clean sheets in last 9 games. when was the last time we did that?

Bowyer has Rovers 3 points outside the playoffs places. we are now in the mix for promotion and are 4 games unbeaten and taken 8 points from them and kept 3 clean sheets. considering the mess we were in after last season Sh!t and having Shebby around here plus A certain manager in charge for nearly 2 years, where do you expect the club to be,

Plus most managers wont come to Rovers anymore cos of the Club's owners reputation. we would end up with Desperado manager like Coyle or McLeish. no thanks. Both shocking managers

What on earth was Gary Bowyer doing signing Rudi Gestede for the club when hes no pace ?

seemed to have plenty of pace when he out pace the Sheff Wed centre back to go through on goal but didn't make the keeper work hard enough. DID YOU NOT SEE THIS AT TODAY GAME!!!!!!!!

we have kept 6 clean sheets in last 9 games. when was the last time we did that?

Bowyer has Rovers 3 points outside the playoffs places. we are now in the mix for promotion and are 4 games unbeaten and taken 8 points from them and kept 3 clean sheets. considering the mess we were in after last season Sh!t and having Shebby around here plus A certain manager in charge for nearly 2 years, where do you expect the club to be,

Plus most managers wont come to Rovers anymore cos of the Club's owners reputation. we would end up with Desperado manager like Coyle or McLeish. no thanks. Both shocking managers

seemed to have plenty of pace when he out pace the Sheff Wed centre back to go through on goal but didn't make the keeper work hard enough. DID YOU NOT SEE THIS AT TODAY GAME!!!!!!!!

A striker who doesnt make the keeper work hard enough, is this the revealing stat on his wikipedia page chaddy ?

Why on earth did GB sign this guy ?

Didnt work the keeper FFS ! You having a laugh chaddy.

The fans want goals!

Aye cause that's exactly what he's saying. From pace to Suarez the joys of black and white.

JAL is a ready critic of most, if not all, of the players brought into the club these days. He often slags them off before they have kicked a ball for Rovers. He doesn't seem to understand the market Gary Bowyer has to work in now, that was the point I was trying to make.

A striker who doesnt make the keeper work hard enough, is this the revealing stat on his wikipedia page chaddy ?

So the problem ISN'T that this player has no pace then? Thats what you wrote in your post.

TBH Jal, the Gestede shot was easy save and he should have gone top corner with the shot. that's my point.

All fans wants goals but you got understand the market we are looking in with not a lot of money to spend and looking for bargain in the market.

so name 3 strikers who you sign for us with a transfer budget of 500k??? go on then!!!

JAL is a ready critic of most, if not all, of the players brought into the club these days. He often slags them off before they have kicked a ball for Rovers. He doesn't seem to understand the market Gary Bowyer has to work in now, that was the point I was trying to make.

So the problem ISN'T that this player has no pace then? Thats what you wrote in your post.

A poster thinks he has pace, many of us up here thinks he doesnt, whilst in real life many are thinking what on earth is he doing here.

TBH Jal, the Gestede shot was easy save and he should have gone top corner with the shot. that's my point.

All fans wants goals but you got understand the market we are looking in with not a lot of money to spend and looking for bargain in the market.

so name 3 strikers who you sign for us with a transfer budget of 500k??? go on then!!!

It wasnt good Chaddy was it, but hey, ho, roll on sunday another day, another opportunity.

A poster thinks he has pace, many of us up here thinks he doesnt, whilst in real life many are thinking what on earth is he doing here.

It wasnt good Chaddy was it .

We needed a striker, we have 74p, an orange Chewit and some pocket fluff to pay for one. With that in mind who do you suggest? Your suggestions, of course, need to be treated with a little cynicism what with you being the bloke who wrote Phil Jones off as a dud after two games.

We needed a striker, we have 74p, an orange Chewit and some pocket fluff to pay for one. With that in mind who do you suggest? Your suggestions, of course, need to be treated with a little cynicism what with you being the bloke who wrote Phil Jones off as a dud after two games.

With that, i'm totally confused in our push for promotion. Is it hot were you are ?

Just because there are no better alternatives in your opinion doesn't mean that you can't constructively criticise. As many people have said you can never see any problems with anything Bowyer does so it is difficult to take your opinions seriously.

The subs and tactics today cost us 2 easy points and Bowyer is to blame. His lack of bravery is becoming a major issue and the football is much more boring than the infamous Big Sam football that many hated.

It wasnt good Chaddy was it, but hey, ho, roll on sunday another day, another opportunity.

many of us up here??? where this? Jal fantasy land??? :lol:

are you season ticket holder Jal?

Just because there are no better alternatives in your opinion doesn't mean that you can't constructively criticise. As many people have said you can never see any problems with anything Bowyer does so it is difficult to take your opinions seriously.

The subs and tactics today cost us 2 easy points and Bowyer is to blame. His lack of bravery is becoming a major issue and the football is much more boring than the infamous Big Sam football that many hated.

I have already said today on twitter to some Rovers fans that I was unhappy with the subs today. wasn't unhappy with the starting 11 tho.

Its time that Rovers fans learnt that in this league they are no easy games. Sheffield Wednesday have beaten Leicester and Reading this season who are in top 6 of this league. we have enough good chances today. 4 clear cut chances wasted today. Rhodes, King, Gestede and Cairney had these chances.

Big Sam football was long ball and now have taken West Ham into the bottom 3 and then blaming injuries and lacked of striker when he had all summer to sign one. plus wasted 15 mil on a injury prone striker in Carroll. only got 3 wins in 18 games with losing 10 games. shocking form

Then say that, as saying Suarez just makes it too extreme to seriousness.

I've done the same with several players when I have seen them enough to do so IE Judge and Eastwood instantly spring to mind from the summer, Marrow as well.

There is way round our financial issues and that is favours, they happen all the time in football, but we are owed none as a whole. A DoF with a serious contacts book would have worked but we got clown from malaysia. Again that can be changed by hiring one to help GB. But we won't as the aim is promotion on hope.

We're always off the play-offs, close, thereabouts, we need to be in the play-offs, minimum. If we don't take our chances all we're doing is making it harder and we're a green team on all levels. It's rare that something so new wins in sport let alone football.

For me, it's quite simple. We are going to need to beat better teams than Sheffield Wednesday at home in order to make the play-offs.

That being the case, why on earth are we not trying to win these games? Draws are simply not enough against poor sides.

For me, it's quite simple. We are going to need to beat better teams than Sheffield Wednesday at home in order to make the play-offs.

That being the case, why on earth are we not trying to win these games? Draws are simply not enough against poor sides.

Couldn't agree more.

He's not got it in him, he needs help, is he big enough to recognise it and to deal with it?

• Backroom

I'm sure Bowyer went into the game with the intention of winning, but imo his tactical decisions smack of a man who doesn't trust the players with any real freedom of expression. After the past few years it's not a surprise he feels that way as some of the worst underperformers remain in the squad and prone to lapses even now. The rigid way we set up is surely down mostly to the weak links between defence and midfield and the likelihood that relaxing the structure would lead to us conceding. Couple that with few players other than Rhodes contributing up top and you have an issue that is unlikely to be resolved any time soon with our owners and transfer budget in mind.

many of us up here??? where this? Jal fantasy land??? :lol:

are you season ticket holder Jal?

I am season ticket holder and haven't missed a home league game in 17 years now

The reply was to a poster in Australia chaddy. The reasoning though is all around gaining promotion to the premier league, forgive me chaddy, but isnt that the target for this coming season.

If it isnt, then yes, feel free to have a pop and explain just when I missed the change in targets .

To chaddy and Chris h was the Rovers faithful entertained during this boxing day fixture ?

Couldn't agree more.

He's not got it in him, he needs help, is he big enough to recognise it and to deal with it?

Is Shaw? Is Shebby?

Pompey signed up Steve Coppell as DoF, with a fairly novice manager. Why couldn't we have done similar?

Is Shaw? Is Shebby?

Pompey signed up Steve Coppell as DoF, with a fairly novice manager. Why couldn't we have done similar?

because a DoF would want to be just that, which puts the position in conflict from day one with the Lunes from Pune

The reply was to a poster in Australia chaddy. The reasoning though is all around gaining promotion to the premier league, forgive me chaddy, but isnt that the target for this coming season.

the aim is promotion in my view, but we have played 22 games not 46 games. lets just be in the top 6 come end of the season.

Is Shaw? Is Shebby?

Coppell was director of Football at Crawley and choose Barker who was manager at Bury and got promotion there to be new Crawley Town manager.

when Barker was sacked and Coppell went.

Barker got the Pompey job and Coppell went in there aswell as Director of Football but the pompey chairman said Coppell hasn't signed a contract or being paid by the club.

why does Coppell wanted to move north when he is settled in the South of England?

Archived