BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the aim is promotion in my view, but we have played 22 games not 46 games. lets just be in the top 6 come end of the season.

The January period will tell us all chaddy, sign the likes of Gestede and we've less chance, regardless of if Rovers finish in the top six come May.

Then say that, as saying Suarez just makes it too extreme to seriousness.

I've done the same with several players when I have seen them enough to do so IE Judge and Eastwood instantly spring to mind from the summer, Marrow as well.

There is way round our financial issues and that is favours, they happen all the time in football, but we are owed none as a whole. A DoF with a serious contacts book would have worked but we got clown from malaysia. Again that can be changed by hiring one to help GB. But we won't as the aim is promotion on hope.

Well, it was an attempt at some levity with a hint of sarcasm, it certainly wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

If you want points made in a more prosaic fashion then I'll point out that, having watched Leicester's impressive win at Loftus Rd the other day, the Fox's line up was full of the sort of players that would send JAL into one of his incoherent rants if they were signed by Rovers.

Earlier in the year I said that GB should be given a chance and not potted as a knee jerk reaction. As, at the moment he still hasn't failed any reasonable targets for the season. Just let him carry on and do his job. Criticise people when they have failed, not when there is a hitch. Perhaps he doesn't agree with his detractors! But his, is the opinion that counts.

The owners have said they want promotion, are you saying you don't want promotion?

I'm sure they do want promotion but realistically it won't happen with the current manager or squad.

We're 3 points off the playoffs, can finally defend and are for the first time a fairly stable team. Considering up until this season Bowyer had never managed the first team of any football club before I'd say his being "average" actually isn't bad going at all.

Who do you advocate for the position of manager btw Paul? Keep in mind who our owners are, and how tarnished the club's reputation is.

First I have no suggestion for a new manager, I've no idea who is available nor any real thoughts on it. What I can see is a team which lacks creativity and inspiration managed by someone whose body language and media image say the same. I have no problem with Bowyer but he won't win promotion playing in this manner. The Wednesday manager made it clear when he said stop Rhodes and you stop Blackburn, in other words no creativity.

When was the last time Rovers made you get off your seat! I can't remember. Yes we are more stable and much improved defensively but going forward we offer nothing to trouble the opposition. I saw nothing yesterday to make me want to go on Sunday and it's frequently the same after a game as I know precisely what I'm going to see and it doesn't excite. I will be going though!!

First I have no suggestion for a new manager, I've no idea who is available nor any real thoughts on it. What I can see is a team which lacks creativity and inspiration managed by someone whose body language and media image say the same. I have no problem with Bowyer but he won't win promotion playing in this manner. The Wednesday manager made it clear when he said stop Rhodes and you stop Blackburn, in other words no creativity.

When was the last time Rovers made you get off your seat! I can't remember. Yes we are more stable and much improved defensively but going forward we offer nothing to trouble the opposition. I saw nothing yesterday to make me want to go on Sunday and it's frequently the same after a game as I know precisely what I'm going to see and it doesn't excite. I will be going though!!

Nothing to trouble the opposition - don't know about you, but I would be worried about the number of chances that Rhodes had in the first half - or Gustede having a one on one with the keeper.

• Moderation Lead

I don't think he really said that much, it's that bloody Radio Rovers reporter fishing, otherwise I doubt it would have been mentioned.

Personally I don't think 0-0 draws should result in boos, that's not to say we were good yesterday, as we really weren't!!

Considering some fans still get lambasted for not approving of Big Sam, it seems strange to me that no lessons have be learned. When he left there were lots of people who claimed that better options were available. Success could be achieved with a more flamboyant style of football. And those voices were probably correct. Managers like Martinez, Rodgers, Laudrup and Potchetino (sp) certainly indicate as much. But who did we end up with? Oh yes, Steve Kean. Ans herein lies the problem. If Bowyer isn't the man to take us up then fine. But who the hell is next? This lot have a proven track record of appointing utter dross. I appreciate the necessity of promotion, but 1) I don't believe a we should give up on the playoffs yet anyway, and 2) If Bowyer goes who comes in?

It amazes me so many want to risk the Venkys manager roulette experience all over again. Especially when visible progress has been made. Even if we are falling short of the likes of Forest, Leicester, QPR etc... If we spin the wheel again things could get a whole lot worse.

Considering some fans still get lambasted for not approving of Big Sam, it seems strange to me that no lessons have be learned. When he left there were lots of people who claimed that better options were available. Success could be achieved with a more flamboyant style of football. And those voices were probably correct. Managers like Martinez, Rodgers, Laudrup and Potchetino (sp) certainly indicate as much. But who did we end up with? Oh yes, Steve Kean. Ans herein lies the problem. If Bowyer isn't the man to take us up then fine. But who the hell is next? This lot have a proven track record of appointing utter dross. I appreciate the necessity of promotion, but 1) I don't believe a we should give up on the playoffs yet anyway, and 2) If Bowyer goes who comes in?

It amazes me so many want to risk the Venkys manager roulette experience all over again. Especially when visible progress has been made. Even if we are falling short of the likes of Forest, Leicester, QPR etc... If we spin the wheel again things could get a whole lot worse.

Good point about spinning the manager roulette again Patrick. We've fallen a long way but not as far as Portsmouth or Leeds. Hopefully shoots of recovery are happening and those of us who still go down to Ewood should get behind GB because this league is poor and every game can be won.

However, wrong for GB to criticise fans this way. He now needs to come out with a different tone to bring those affended back on line.

We need to take stock and apply some common sense. We could have jose or fergie as manager and there would still be games like yesterday where we scratch our heads and all go WTF was he thinking there. There would be less games like that but they would still be there. GB of late goes from great to kean in 90 minute spells week to week. Lets point out where he can be better, praise him when he does good and apply some opinion using his body of work and not 90mins here and there or a sub or two.

**Im sure if we go on Chelsea boards some are questioning Jose of late and he is a GOD at chelsea and regarded by many as one of, if not the best coach in the world**

An utter disgrace that people were booing after the game yesterday. I was as disappointed as anyone that we didn't get maximum points in a game against a side in the bottom 3, but to start booing at this stage in the season is going to achieve absolutely nothing positive.

This time last year we were on the cusp of the relegation zone and had our fourth manager of the season. Fast forward 12 months we are within reach of the play-offs, on a good run of form and I would say as well placed as any to launch an assault on the top 6 in the second half of the season.

Some people would do well to remember what we have been through the last 3 years compared to where we are now. We have a young manager doing a decent job with a young squad whilst having to contend with big challenges off the pitch (Venkys, shifting the dross, reducing the wage bill). Rebuilding Rovers into a club looking upwards rather than downwards is a lengthy process and a challenge for any manager, never mind one in his first season.

The people moaning about us not being adventurous enough or attacking enough are presumably the same people who celebrated Allardyce's sacking and heralded the appointment of Kean and his fantastic football. People who were bored watching us in the top half of the Premier League with Ewood Park being a fortress. If we'd have gone gung-ho in the second half yesterday there is every chance we would have lost that game.

We now need to concentrate on trying to beat a Birmingham side on a remarkable run of form. If we succeed we will have picked up 10 points from the four Xmas games which I would consider a very good return. We are in far better shape now than we have been for the last 3 years and I have seen enough so far this season to be confident that this team can get better.

An utter disgrace that people were booing after the game yesterday. I was as disappointed as anyone that we didn't get maximum points in a game against a side in the bottom 3, but to start booing at this stage in the season is going to achieve absolutely nothing positive.

This time last year we were on the cusp of the relegation zone and had our fourth manager of the season. Fast forward 12 months we are within reach of the play-offs, on a good run of form and I would say as well placed as any to launch an assault on the top 6 in the second half of the season.

Some people would do well to remember what we have been through the last 3 years compared to where we are now. We have a young manager doing a decent job with a young squad whilst having to contend with big challenges off the pitch (Venkys, shifting the dross, reducing the wage bill). Rebuilding Rovers into a club looking upwards rather than downwards is a lengthy process and a challenge for any manager, never mind one in his first season.

The people moaning about us not being adventurous enough or attacking enough are presumably the same people who celebrated Allardyce's sacking and heralded the appointment of Kean and his fantastic football. People who were bored watching us in the top half of the Premier League with Ewood Park being a fortress. If we'd have gone gung-ho in the second half yesterday there is every chance we would have lost that game.

We now need to concentrate on trying to beat a Birmingham side on a remarkable run of form. If we succeed we will have picked up 10 points from the four Xmas games which I would consider a very good return. We are in far better shape now than we have been for the last 3 years and I have seen enough so far this season to be confident that this team can get better.

far too presumptious and irelevant

we should have beaten a bottom 3 team if we have any pretentions of the play offs

QPR and Leicester both lost against Doncaster this season. Leeds drew at home against Barnsley last week. Should they be pushing the panic button?

not interested in either, my point is if we have ambitions of the play offs we should beat lower placed teams, simple premise really

Spot on

I seem to notice that some of the same people booing where 5,000+ who claimed "pass back" when the Wednesday defender knee'd it to the keeper.

Booing your own team is crass, and a sheepish trait of bad fans. I've berated players, managers and officials for years, but to boo your own team contravenes my reason for being in the stadium. Before this makes you wet your pants, consider that this is my opinion. Raining negativity through boos(especially with young players) can/will only have a negative impact. Shouting less so IMO, but group boo's is precisely anti-inspiring.

All this without even looking at the context of why the fans boo - frustration. Personally, I was frustrated yesterday - but it will take a monumental slide from the team before I feel that a change will be necessary. I have been nothing but impressed by his steadying of the ship through; avoiding league 1, getting rid of some of the jobbers, bringing in bodys with energy and a point to prove and getting a decent ethos and work ethic amongst the players.

Not everything is going to go smoothly, and if your of the variety of fan who lets frustration manifest itself in you booing your club, and cannot see that the positives far outweigh the negatives, (as opposed to the 28 months before the summer) then I suggest you move on, find another club and project your negativity elsewhere.

Why do you think GB is so thankful and supportive of the the Away fans? I haven't heard anything but support at the last 5+ away games I've been too and we have won 0.

Absolutely agree that fans booing yesterday was ridiculous, but it was only a small minority. GB made it an issue by mentioning it in his press conference. This has simply added to the bad press all Rovers fans get in the media and he should not have brought the subject up. Managers should only say good things about supporters if they want them on side, even though they think otherwise. It's just common sense not to antagonise any of your customers.

Bowyer has made us better defensively and keeping clean sheets and 6 clean sheets in the last 9 games. not so long ago people were saying that.

plus we are 4 unbeaten with 2 wins and 2 draws.

The games that got you off your sheets? have u forget the 5-2 win against Barnsley and 4-1 win against Bolton this season!

but I would be worried about the number of chances that Rhodes had in the first half - or Gustede having a one on one with the keeper.

we had a number of great chances to score and we didn't. Rhodes had 2 chances, Gestede 1 and King the other. but these have been missed by some fans and they have choose to focus the negatives again

great post there standhillrover. made some very good points. that's is pretty much my view of the current situation

It was after the whistle so it didn't affect the team during the game and it was because we didn't have a real go at winning a game against 22nd in the table at home.

There was no need to mention it by Bowyer and I think he has to cover up his own tactical errors.

the boos were totally unnecessary and uncall for. we have some great chances to score yesterday. sadly we missed these but the was no need to boos the players or Bowyer.

Archived