BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer

What... not even a half time pie?

Whats needed is motivation, Bowyer needs help, he comes across as dour and downbeat, much like the team performance last night. Holloway is a motivator and would certainly get players playing up to and even above their capabilities. (Blackpool promotion team) we wont see it of course but what if eh.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Don't want him sacked but have my worries

Mainly anyone with half a footballing brain can see that playing Cairney on the wing is just pointless yet he does it time after time only changing it when forced

It seems extremely naive like a 10 year old playing fifa and seeing he has good stats so wants him in the team so shoves him anywhere he'll fit, he is a great player but you may as well play me on the wing

Its way too early to talk about sacking Bowyer - he only became proper manager in summer. There are positives (home form) but obviously areas to improve (away form). I think he's been unlucky too with injuries. Evans and Dunn have been missing at key times. I would not trust the owners to appoint anyone sensible in a million years - we'd end up with Judan Ali or someone like that.

I thinks its easy to confuse bad with downbeat when it comes to performance. I would say the players play for him and effort is not lacking this season. Quality lets us down, as does bowyers tactics, but I've not felt lack of effort can be thrown at us this season. So despite his public persona, he must show something else at times

I don't think it is quality letting us down - there's hardly any quality in any teams in this league - its consistency.

I've been chatting to a Leicester fan at work, although they lost to Sheff Weds last night, they have been getting results by just playing ok in most games.

An alternative view, is that if they don't sack him and we don't go up, there will be nothing left to stomach anyway.

They'll be thinking about it, you can guarantee the Malaysian Rat will be chomping on their earlobes.

What... not even a half time pie?

you got a pie within half-time?

How did you achieve this? I thought it was impossible as mines always a 2nd halve pie.

Don't want him sacked but have my worries

Mainly anyone with half a footballing brain can see that playing Cairney on the wing is just pointless yet he does it time after time only changing it when forced

It seems extremely naive like a 10 year old playing fifa and seeing he has good stats so wants him in the team so shoves him anywhere he'll fit, he is a great player but you may as well play me on the wing

ok Tom so how about it we'll pay you 60 grand a week to play on the wing we'll bin Etuhu & Robinson you can have both their wages we'll accomodate you on the wing so how about fancy dusting down your boots?

Souness wasn't exactly the epitome of the slick creative football his teams played ;)

You have obviously not been in the same room as Souness when in full flow (speaking that is) immaculately dressed and very effective speaker,

one of Souness's Rovers teams

Blackburn: Friedel, Taylor, Berg, Johansson, Bjornebye, Gillespie (Hignett 77), Dunn, Hughes, Duff, Jansen (Yordi 74), Cole.

Subs Not Used: Miller, Curtis, Mahon.

Its no good overreacting to one bad result like last night, gary bowyer is doing his best with what he has got to work with.

We are not yet up to Christmas and there is a lot of matches to play, we are obviously heading for mid table if we are lucky if not it could be a relegation

battle later on. One positive is that in general the standard of the teams we are playing is not that good and we should be able to get enough points to

be mid table. The venkys are not going to fund an experienced manager on big money they have had plenty of time to do that.

The more important bigger picture is the financial position and whether we can survive medium to long term as Blackburn rovers as we know it.

Unfortunately individual mistakes make a big difference and our squad is not what it was although we should have enough to stay in the championship.

I express no opinion as to the solution to the problem of our away form, mostly as I don't think I'm a soccer expert. But from what I'm reading on this board, the majority opinion seems to be:

Drop Kean and play Robinson, if fit.

Drop Kane and play Henley.

Drop one of the two center defensive midfielders and play Cairney in the middle. Question- who would play out wide in his place?

Play Rochina or Gestede behind Rhodes to create linkage between Rhodes and the defense.

Have I summed it up correctly?

I express no opinion as to the solution to the problem of our away form, mostly as I don't think I'm a soccer expert. But from what I'm reading on this board, the majority opinion seems to be:

Drop Kean and play Robinson, if fit.

Drop Kane and play Henley.

Drop one of the two center defensive midfielders and play Cairney in the middle. Question- who would play out wide in his place?

Play Rochina or Gestede behind Rhodes to create linkage between Rhodes and the defense.

Have I summed it up correctly?

Pretty much...........but never use the word soccer again :xmas:

I'm still yet to get one this year either within half time? Where do you sit, I'm normally in the JW upper.

BBE Lower. Folk are usually that bored these days they head down after 35mins. So stroll down a few mins into half time and Im set :)

Mmm so it's a pie or the view?

Might try the BBE next time then as the views not that great anymore.

Aye people try and pay extra for restricted views these days :)

Jokes aside its a sad state of affairs when most of my entertainment comes from a half time pie :blink:

lol, last year at Ipswich at home I managed to get up to date with my Emails during the match. That brought me a little joy.

Its amazing how many fans are glued to their smart phones during matches, checking scores, twitter, facebook, emails etc.

Guy on row infront of me spends almost 90mins on his with about 10 betting slips in his other hand checking them.

Really not sure what he gets out of attending games :)

Its amazing how many fans are glued to their smart phones during matches, checking scores, twitter, facebook, emails etc.

Guy on row infront of me spends almost 90mins on his with about 10 betting slips in his other hand checking them.

Really not sure what he gets out of attending games :)

I check scores normally but nothing more, Ipswich at home with appleton leading the charge even had me wishing for the return of Allardycio, it was that bad.

Does this guy make a lot of noise during matches?

I check scores normally but nothing more, Ipswich at home with appleton leading the charge even had me wishing for the return of Allardycio, it was that bad.

Does this guy make a lot of noise during matches?

Swears alot :)

Archived