BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Norbert

Sadly, that's the market we're in right now. I'd rather be trying to get rid of the crap that has no chance of making the first team before looking for more players.

Do love the way fans get excited when they think a 'young team' is being built - aside from 2-3 maybe, our squad is just very average and can't see many players improving.

In saying that, don't watch many live games or even TV highlights these days so perhaps not best placed to make an accurate judgement.

Whilst Bowyer shouldn't be sacked, I do feel that people are jumping the gun by saying that Bowyer is doing a good job.

He is doing an unspectacular, mediocre squad, with mixed results, mixed performances and mixed signings. Another manager may well have been doing better. That said, he could be doing a bit worse.

• Backroom

Whilst Bowyer shouldn't be sacked, I do feel that people are jumping the gun by saying that Bowyer is doing a good job.

He is doing an unspectacular, mediocre squad, with mixed results, mixed performances and mixed signings. Another manager may well have been doing better. That said, he could be doing a bit worse.

A bit worse? Considering how pathetic we were last season he could be doing a lot worse.

It's nearly Winter, and there's snow, and that makes balls, and balls are involved in football (and sometimes get thrown at me husband), and we don't understand football, so no, we'll give it a miss, and Degsy has it sussed, and they come here and it's first class, and they say yes to everything, so what's the point. And we have sky, BT, and we can watch the exciting PL stuff, and we just love our baby.....blah blah

RING RING, RING RING.........If thats the bank of india wallah on the phone tell him I'm not in.

RING RING, RING RING.........If thats the bank of india wallah on the phone tell him I'm not in.

Shoot, so Degsy we aren't going up, next major break is March, and England are at the World Cup, and Jordan Rhodes, despite being English, plays for some small country in Scotland, WTF! Get that silly banker (rhymes with shanker) Holloway on the dog and bone......and the wallah, we need hard cash, and quick!

Shoot, so Degsy we aren't going up, next major break is March, and England are at the World Cup, and Jordan Rhodes, despite being English, plays for some small country in Scotland, WTF! Get that silly banker (rhymes with shanker) Holloway on the dog and bone......and the wallah, we need hard cash, and quick!

What a frightening thought Degsy being let loose with his magic pen again.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe just an expenses paid type stuff.

Mind you, Bowyer does have a bit of 'jobs for the lads' in him. Just ask Alex Marrow.

If you want an opinion on a player or team, what better than off the guy he probably respects and trusts more than any other? Non story

I agree.

I think his expenses will be paid and that's about it. I know a chap who goes in my local, he used to do scouting for all sorts of club freelance. Just an extension of that - and in fact probably even cheaper.

I think however that most of this chaps scouting missions were assessing the opposition e.g. corner routines, patterns of attacks etc.

If you want an opinion on a player or team, what better than off the guy he probably respects and trusts more than any other? Non story

Completely agree. His dad used to watch every Reserve game at Leigh and not from the posh seats. Given his experience I think it can only be a positive with him giving Gary advice and, as you say, he will trust him more than any of the hangers on that the Indian mob have employed in the past.

I must say that I am not too sure as to the success of Bowyer in the transfer market.

Cairney was a very good loan, Spurr has fit in well and Evans was very good before injury.

However, when we needed to watch what we spent, in Campbell, Kilgallon, Judge, Taylor and Marshall, he has signed 5 squad players when we needed a couple to improve the team. For me Kane is worse than Henley, and Marrow and Songo'o are totally needless. Eastwood won't ever play in the league for us imo either.

Guest Norbert

Kane is a funny one. He was good last season, but not repeated that form, whilst Campbell may have been signed by Appleton or whoever in January. There are some signings the previous post has mentioned that have not made the grade.

We need to overhaul the squad from last season. too many players from last season squad have been too used to losing and cutbacks in wages.

Campbell wasnt a Bowyer signing. was signed by Appleton last season.

Spurr, Cairney, Evans have been good signings.

Marshall, Taylor and Judge have taken time to settle into the club. all look decent at times during games.

Kilgallon has been decent signing and good back up for Dann and Hanley.

Kane hasnt been his best compare to last season performances.

rest of players were signed as back up and to add depth to the first team squad.

Henley was injured, so it was a no brainer to bring Kane back

Dann and Hnaley were our CB's, we needed cover there and killgallon fills that and is fairly steady at this level

Judge, marshall, taylor, marrow, songoo do seem fairly iffy signings right now, mainly as they all dont really play

I'm certainly not advocating the removal of Bowyer - but I do believe that he could be getting a little more out of this current crop of players. Yes injuries haven't helped us, but he doesn't seem to i) know his best team and II) know how to set us up. Also, I've thought all season that his subs have been very poor, while his continued use of Cairney either out wide or in the hole has been infuriating.

He's no doubt giving it his best shot under ridiculously tough circumstances though, and IMO there really would be no point in potting him now. Our final memory of this club barring some financial mircale would be of Judan Ali at the helm!

Cant believe people are talking about Bowyer going. :(

In my eyes he's steadied the ship and has brought some consistency to what was a complete and utter shambles in the past couple of years. He's had to reduce the wage bill due to the problems with buying c$%p players from the previous managers and is on a shoe string budget with a very young team. The man needs praise not the door.

In patches we are playing some of the best football we've played in years and he has brought the best out in some players in recent times.

I do however disagree with some of his formations and isolating Rhodes up top is a massive negative for me but on the whole he's doing a very good job.

Archived