BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bournemouth v Rovers Sat 28th Sept 2013

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you miss out by one point you may as well miss out by 10.

The point is, saying that we would be tangibly better off on 28th September in 8th with 13 points, than 11th with 12, is a pretty pointless debate.

Am I the only one who is nodding and smiling at your pointless post?

Who is our goalkeeping coach these days??

23 year old goalkeepers shouldn't need to be coached, personally I'd save the expense. They've either got the natural ability and a bit of grey matter between their ears or they haven't.

Last season I thought Jake Kean had what it took, this season I'm not so sure to be honest. Everything about his game that needs thought: positional play, when to come/catch/punch crosses, organise his defence, dominate the penalty area have all gone down the pan IMO. Almost all are down to confidence and self belief. What's gone wrong?

I wouldn't wish to knock the lad because that just makes matters worse but if the back 4 don't have confidence in the keeper, it spreads and needs to be sorted.

A fit Robinson (I use the word fit loosely) isn't the answer either IMO because he suffers from similar afflictions but he can kick, we should have kept hold of Sandomierski because he really impressed me last year. Where's he now?

Our other option, Eastwood, I wouldn't pay with washers.

23 year old goalkeepers shouldn't need to be coached, personally I'd save the expense. They've either got the natural ability and a bit of grey matter between their ears or they haven't.

Last season I thought Jake Kean had what it took, this season I'm not so sure to be honest. Everything about his game that needs thought: positional play, when to come/catch/punch crosses, organise his defence, dominate the penalty area have all gone down the pan IMO. Almost all are down to confidence and self belief. What's gone wrong?

I wouldn't wish to knock the lad because that just makes matters worse but if the back 4 don't have confidence in the keeper, it spreads and needs to be sorted.

A fit Robinson (I use the word fit loosely) isn't the answer either IMO because he suffers from similar afflictions but he can kick, we should have kept hold of Sandomierski because he really impressed me last year. Where's he now?

Our other option, Eastwood, I wouldn't pay with washers.

So the fact that most keepers only reach their peak late 20's or well into there 30's is lost on you then ? Im sure if you ask any decent keeper they would say that some good coaching helped early in their career. Might be inclined to agree about Eastwood though.

• Moderation Lead

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone we ran into on here at Bournemouth. Was overwhelmed by the response and warm welcome by the people we interacted with. Great day out.

The official Rovers twitter account featured some photos of you guys FYI.

So the fact that most keepers only reach their peak late 20's or well into there 30's is lost on you then ? Im sure if you ask any decent keeper they would say that some good coaching helped early in their career. Might be inclined to agree about Eastwood though.

Your opening question is irrelevant to the point I made but I agree with your observation about the age of goalkeepers' peak but that is more about personal maturity and confidence than anything else. I feel that having a discussion about goalkeeping with you would be a pointless exercise but I assure you that I long since forgot more about that particular position than you will ever know.

Pleased to see that Jake had a much improved game against Watford.

Your opening question is irrelevant to the point I made but I agree with your observation about the age of goalkeepers' peak but that is more about personal maturity and confidence than anything else. I feel that having a discussion about goalkeeping with you would be a pointless exercise but I assure you that I long since forgot more about that particular position than you will ever know.

Pleased to see that Jake had a much improved game against Watford.

There you go again with the usual arrogance. First you give us the 'good authority line but don't back it up, ironic really after having a go at me for repeating something i read on twitter but not saying from who. Now your alluding to being an ex keeper or something. Out thyself or sack the know it all attitude

There you go again with the usual arrogance. First you give us the 'good authority line but don't back it up, ironic really after having a go at me for repeating something i read on twitter but not saying from who. Now your alluding to being an ex keeper or something. Out thyself or sack the know it all attitude

I'll leave it there, no arrogance ever intended whatsoever by the way, shame you see it that way, just statements of fact. I certainly won't bow to the likes of yourself. You stick to your twittering, must be great fun.

I'll leave it there, no arrogance ever intended whatsoever by the way, shame you see it that way, just statements of fact. I certainly won't bow to the likes of yourself. You stick to your twittering, must be great fun.

:P

Archived