BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Daily Mail - Cancer in print,

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't really get the obsession with this paper. The Guardian comes out with almost as much slanted, agenda-driven bias. The press have always represented different parts of the political spectrum and it seems ironic than the proudly liberal left seems to be on an ever more determined mission to bully people out of a particular political stance.

Don't really get the obsession with this paper. The Guardian comes out with almost as much slanted, agenda-driven bias. The press have always represented different parts of the political spectrum and it seems ironic than the proudly liberal left seems to be on an ever more determined mission to bully people out of a particular political stance.

What a load of tripe.

The Guardian leans left but not in the same nasty, vicious way that the Mail does to the right. Its treatment of Ed Miliband this week has been disgraceful, First it printed a pernicious account of his father and then when Ed asked for the right of reply, repeated the smear alongside Ed's article by reprinting the original lies and labelling Ralph Miliband "evil". The Mail is the mouthpiece of the nasty party - and it shows.

Guest Norbert

It's probably because Milliband Snr. was 1. Jewish, 2. An immigrant, and 3. A real leftie. The Mail panders to base xenophobia, fear, snobbery and hatred of anyone who isn't a Tory voter in a £400,000 detatched house.

It's probably because Milliband Snr. was 1. Jewish, 2. An immigrant, and 3. A real leftie. The Mail panders to base xenophobia, fear, snobbery and hatred of anyone who isn't a Tory voter in a £400,000 suburban detatched house.

Mail = suburban values.

They print so many stories, more than anyone really, I wouldn't diss every story.

I don't mind the sport section except clearly they are 80% or more covering the big clubs. Arsenal, etc.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2440594/Napoli-fans-person-hospital-rampage-Piebury-Corner-restaurant-Arsenal-clash.html

Interesting story, where else would one read this?? Or would some people say we don't need to know about this?

Guest Norbert

Having lived in suburban areas and large villages, I'd say that is an out of date term. People's class and their accomodation is not so rigid anymore, and we don't live in a Lowry painting.

What a load of tripe.

The Guardian leans left but not in the same nasty, vicious way that the Mail does to the right. Its treatment of Ed Miliband this week has been disgraceful, First it printed a pernicious account of his father and then when Ed asked for the right of reply, repeated the smear alongside Ed's article by reprinting the original lies and labelling Ralph Miliband "evil". The Mail is the mouthpiece of the nasty party - and it shows.

Who are you trying to kid Jim? If I remember rightly The guardian published letters urging everybody to have a party when a certain frail 80 odd year old lady dies of dementia!

Regardless of political views that was indeed a dark day in the history of British 'Journalism'.

I stopped reading newspapers a few years ago when it became their objective to stop printing actual news and instead print sensationalism and details about that particular week's 'hottest celebrity's' love life.

• Backroom

Ed Miliband received 10,000 emails of support after the vindictive Mail attack on his father according to the Beeb.

Steve Kean will be proper jealous.

No doubt the Mail is scum but then the majority of the press are. It's the hypocrisy of the Mail that is more staggering than anything else, they seem to have no sense of self-awareness at all. Or they just don't care.

• Backroom

Must admit I enjoy Peter Hitchens' opinion pieces on a Sunday. But generally the paper is rubbish.

That whinging bag Liz Jones portrays all deaf people as self-pitying lowlife and wasn't Jan Moir (of Stephen Gateley-gate fame) in that rag?

Must admit I enjoy Peter Hitchens' opinion pieces on a Sunday. But generally the paper is rubbish.

That whinging bag Liz Jones portrays all deaf people as self-pitying lowlife and wasn't Jan Moir (of Stephen Gateley-gate fame) in that rag?

Melanie Phillips IIRC

The mail website even showed a picture of Millibands grave, thats horrible.

That's bad if the Daily Mail did all of this stuff, do a lot of us even read the opinion pages??

DM has messed with the England 3 Lions football team, all that with John Terry and Wayne Bridge's girlfriend and other things And their gossip and celebrity sensation pages are to be missed.

Someone mentioned it being a woman's newspaper and actually, that's somewhat true, message boards and a big section on "women's issues"., one woman on one issue in that women's section I seriously disagreed with and her views would be considered fairly liberal so I think it's not easy to really pen down the DM as being one thing.

That's bad if they slandered this deceased gentleman but a lot of people will never even be looking at that who read the Daily Mail.

That Kenya Mall attack? Hard to criticise their coverage on issues like that, lots of photos and I doubt the journalist who writes such things is to fault.

Like an article like this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2438018/Britain-warns-hate-preacher-recruited-Nairobi-mall-massacre-killers.html

And when that attack originally occurred, nobody had so many pictures of the event, maybe that's a negative though I don't think it was about wanting to see the gore. They have a lot of general human interest stories.

Someone mentioned it being a woman's newspaper and actually, that's somewhat true, message boards and a big section on "women's issues"., one woman on one issue in that women's section I seriously disagreed with and her views would be considered fairly liberal so I think it's not easy to really pen down the DM as being one thing.

No, it really is a newpaper for women, I used to work in publishing for the Independent down in good old London town and I know for a fact that the Daily Mail is targeted at women, kind of like the sun is targeted at blokes

No, it really is a newpaper for women, I used to work in publishing for the Independent down in good old London town and I know for a fact that the Daily Mail is targeted at women, kind of like the sun is targeted at blokes

Thanks for that. Surely you are correct.

I've heard people describe Daily Mail stories as ones one can read and then say "isn't that awful". They have quite a few of those too..

Sport is mixed, I repeat when England was bidding for the World Cup, I believe they printed some sort of back-stabbing type of story, exposed a scandal, I just can't remember it now. Still, the nice big photos are good so I see them as a mixed bag.

You forgot to mention that foul creature Janet Street-Porter.

• Backroom

Only thing worst than tge mail newspaper is tge mail website and its infamous comment sections full of bile.

Ah, the bottom half of the Internet. A hilarious read and much-ridiculed by the very funny Dave Gorman.

Archived