BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Times article

folkdevil

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bolton,Wigan and Blackpool all averaging larger crowds than us...dare I say only a matter of time before you know who catch us up.

The damage done to our fan base under those Pune berks has been on a massive scale.

I am torn on this. There are at least two things going on.

.Clearly, a large proportion have simply turned their backs because they will not have the p*** taken out of them by the wolf children.

Some, like myself, have returned, only to feel "nothing", disheartened...or that something has been lost, it will never be the same again etc...I need something on the pitch to galvanise me....and there is not much...

.Clearly, a large proportion have simply turned their backs because they will not have the p*** taken out of them by the wolf children.

Some, like myself, have returned, only to feel "nothing", disheartened...or that something has been lost, it will never be the same again etc...I need something on the pitch to galvanise me....and there is not much...

I made that very point on the Reading match review yesterday.I am with you on this LV but the Club still continues to peddle this sh1te about being on the right lines blah blah.

We are nowhere near knowing where the fecking lines are never mind being on the right ones! Just wish somebody in authority at the Club would admit that we are a mid table side at best, that results are simply not good enough for what we spend on our squad and frankly admit that going up this year is a pipe dream. At that point i might start to think somebody has a faint grasp of reality. But all this ''taking positives'' is doing my head in.Its complete bullox.

But i suppose even if something miraculous started to happen on the field , i still wouldnt believe it could be seen through to fruition because of all the basic fundamental things that remain rotten to the core.

The Club is still dying its just that we are on life support.Never before i witnessed a collective fan base thats so p1ssed off and disinterested. A bad points haul against Leeds on Sat then away at QPR and i dread to think what will happen at the Millwall game.Will be just like the cup replay last season.

They are draining the last drops of spirit from the fans.It is quite simply scandalous LV

"Wolf children" - do you mean Ewood Spark?

I purposely didn't mention Sam 47er. Once he was brought into the discussion, the point would have been lost. Apart from which, sacking him points to footballing misjudgement, rather than evidence of their financial incompetence. They obviously believed they could replace him easily.

We were talking about when we first realised that Venkys were totally hopeless and incapable of managing ANY aspect of the club. It came for me when they summarily sacked Sam. They may have done that for what they considered football reasons but many of us knew this barmy decision would have long-term ramifications for all aspects of the club including financial melt-down ones.

That's the point I'm trying to make. Onto a wider argument:

For anyone saying things have picked up, Venkys were mugged, we are improving, they should be supported etc etc allow me to remind everyone of one salient point: Silk worked out the longest notice in history, weeks later there is no Finacial Director in situ, no word of how far the process has developed has been given, Venkys have given this matter the same urgency that they have given to every other decision they have made. Except one of course, the worst one of all, the decision to sack a good and experienced manager.

At that point I knew we were doomed. Finn, Williams and the rest just a continuation of the same.

Venkys are a total disgrace and worthy of support from no-one.

Sorry Den, not implying your support for them, just had to let it out!

Archived