BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leeds United preview

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another reason to give Rochina game time is that if we don't he will be off in January and we will have lost our best player. The lad wants to play football and nobody can blame him for that.

how exactly is Rochina our best player, hahahahaaaaaaaa

hes got some skills and hes scored a couple of crackers, but he hasn't shown any consistency at all, taylor had a great game playing behind Rhodes at the weekend but I bet some would still prefer to see him dropped just to facilitate rochina! its a team/squad game and he's got to wait for his chance like every other player, if he thinks hes to good for us then stuff him(he didn't seem to impress much during his loan period in spain)

Cant believe the usual crew where chanting for Rochina to be brought on in the final 20mins or so, that would have been the worst move we could have made when our top priority in the 2nd half was to keep hold of the ball, play relatively safe and obviously not concede.

Don't get me wrong id love to see rochina do his stuff but only when the time is right.

Correct. Defending a slender lead against a physically intimidating side chasing an equaliser was not the place for Rochina returning from a long lay off.

Some people seem to think the guy who up until last year was our reserve team manager should now basically be the perfect manager making world class game-changing substitutions and rotating players and formations constantly to bamboozle the opposition (never mind it'd more likely confuse our own players).

You'd think we were bottom of the league ffs. Considering the budget limitations and total lack of boardroom support Bowyer is doing a magnificent job. As far as I'm concerned he is showing continual improvement from game to game and as players come back from injury we will see much better use of squad rotation and substitutions.

Completely agree DE. Bowyer has had his hands tied from day one by the financial mess that we are engulfed in. Having to bring in players on free transfers - Marrow and Judge for example - is hardly the stuff of promotion winning squads. The money wasn't available in the summer for a decent goalkeeper so we end up with another free in Eastwood who nobody would want in the first team. The truth is that he has a fairly average squad who are achieving average results. I've always thought mid table was the best this lot could achieve and I've seen nothing to convince me otherwise. At the moment Gary has us nicely placed for a mid table finish which, under the circumstances, is something of a result.

Completely agree DE. Bowyer has had his hands tied from day one by the financial mess that we are engulfed in. Having to bring in players on free transfers - Marrow and Judge for example - is hardly the stuff of promotion winning squads. The money wasn't available in the summer for a decent goalkeeper so we end up with another free in Eastwood who nobody would want in the first team. The truth is that he has a fairly average squad who are achieving average results. I've always thought mid table was the best this lot could achieve and I've seen nothing to convince me otherwise. At the moment Gary has us nicely placed for a mid table finish which, under the circumstances, is something of a result.

Why waste a million on the non starter at Leicester Ben Marshall then?

My personal opinion on signing the likes of Marrow etc is the fact they've seen a possible embargo coming ages ago and suspected the fact there may be a huge sale of most 1st team players. They've preempted it and got cheap players who they know on board whilst they can so as to give us some kind of team to fall back on in the event of a pompey or similar type situation. i suppose they deserve a bit of credit for that, an im talking about GB etc here not the Venky mob.

• Backroom

Why waste a million on the non starter at Leicester Ben Marshall then?

My personal opinion on signing the likes of Marrow etc is the fact they've seen a possible embargo coming ages ago and suspected the fact there may be a huge sale of most 1st team players. They've preempted it and got cheap players who they know on board whilst they can so as to give us some kind of team to fall back on in the event of a pompey or similar type situation. i suppose they deserve a bit of credit for that, an im talking about GB etc here not the Venky mob.

£1M doesn't buy you much of a player in the modern game to be fair. I do agree that Marshall was an odd signing, though. Bowyer's transfer history thus far is a bit ropey, but again, he's never had to operate in this arena before and bringing in Cairney, Evans, Taylor and Spurr for example has worked out pretty well so far. I doubt Bowyer has much of a network in regards to scouting (apparently we do have a scouting team, though) and he has no boardroom support whatsoever, so again he's really been thrown in at the deep end.

These are the things we have to put up with when we put rookies into the seat. Let's not pretend experienced managers don't make transfer mistakes though, nobody can have a perfect record and you're even less likely to be successful when limited largely to freebies and loans.

For me the likes of Cairney, Evans, Taylor and Spurr are good signings by GB given what was available they are the best he could do. Just don't get the Marshall signing. Like you say though we can't really expect much. It's ironic and frustrating that the hero's from Sat like Kean and Spurr are the ones who make vital cock ups a few days later. I think that will remain the pattern for the rest of the season, still it could be worse i suppose.

Is this the same lazy @#/? that couldn't be arsed puttin any sort of challenge in for ipswich's second goal (I think it was), turning his back like a little faggot, no intention of closing his man down at all, shocking to say the least...

Is this the same lazy kean that couldn't be arsed puttin any sort of challenge in for ipswich's second goal (I think it was), turning his back like a little faggot, no intention of closing his man down at all, shocking to say the least...

Dont talk crap.

Archived