BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boxing Day, Rovers v Weds, 26th December 2013

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LD - never said i was happy with either the result or performance merely that i disagree with the view that the manager was negative from the start and that all his decisions were wrong during the game.

(can't quote for some reason - ie11??)

Not sure who you were quoting with the 'from the start' comment. Although, making Lowe the first name on every team sheet will always be a negative for me. Marshall was given MoM but the only person who performed was Eastwood and he only really put in a competent display.

A Wednesday team having won only one away game all season tells it's own tale. GB must know how frustrated we are as fans having witnessed the debacle over the last three years. Just defending himself I suppose. Really had a chance today......but hey, 3 points Sunday?? Definitely two points dropped today though.

A Wednesday team having won only one away game all season tells it's own tale. GB must know how frustrated we are as fans having witnessed the debacle over the last three years. Just defending himself I suppose. Really had a chance today......but hey, 3 points Sunday?? Definitely two points dropped today though.

And Birmingham are a better team than Weds, they got a draw at Wigan after playing for 34 mins with 10 men.

Missed opportunity today, without a doubt.

Let's hope Dunny's fit for Sunday, because I can't see GB starting Rochina,he's not one of his lads !

BTW can see when Evans comes back, him putting Cairney out wide, just to keep Lowe in the side.

He will never drop Lowe !

We're creating chances. According to the BBC, we've had 8 shots 3 of which were on target. So the offense is doing everything except put the ball into the net.

If we end on a draw, we're 10th and one win away from a potential play-off position.

So I, for one, can understand Bowyer's reasoning.

That's the problem with watching statistics. We created Kean all in 90 minutes. Bowyer has been found out, we play in EXACTLY the same style every week. As a manager he lacks imagination to the same extent the team lacks creativity, and we have zero creativity.

It may all seem logical on paper, on a football pitch it's cr@p

In no other game this season has our lack of quality been more apparent in my opinion. In the first half I thought Gestede was playing in the hole. Either that or his positional sense is lacking. Possession is fine but unless there is an end product it is generally futile. There are no gimmies in this league and now we are looking like a solid unit goalscoring seems to have become an issue.

I was extremely disappointed to hear Bowyer having a go at the fans for booing at full time. The booing was borne out of frustration and it goes with the territory. The fans (quite rightly) saw today as a chance to kick on and it just wasn't taken.

We need a fit David Dunn for Sunday or I fear that may be another frustrating afternoon.

Reading i'm a secret footballer he talks about keeping possession, manufactured footballers(JLowe) and the fans not having a clue. Think the retort from the fans on this has to be, for the players numerous thousand pounds per week, the fans fully expect the players to be full on athletes for the one and half hour period.

It would also seem that GB has brought in one big dummy in Gestede. Was looking for someone else prematch to get on the scoresheet for Rovers because of Jordan's dad being in the opposition camp and he of all people would have know how to handle Jordan which seems to have happened.

Stuart - was under the impression that Taylor was injured and therefore King was brought on in his place?

A disappointing result and performance aside - are you seriously suggesting that todays lineup was negative?

Sorry, it was Marshall he swapped over, not King. Same lack of crossing comment applies, no left foot.

Wasn't at the game (in another country) and i don't dispute that it was frustrating to be there - my point was that playing rhodes, gestede, Taylor(king), cairney and marshall in the same team is a pretty attack minded line up. Problem was it didn't work.

Putting williamson in was a direct result of our performance during the match or was the existing plan working?

why change so much?

should have just played rochina or king.

change of system during a period like xmas?

I haven't seen him, so any of our fans not blinded by blue and white want to give us their opinion of Gestede?

The lack of mention suggests he's another crock of s.....

He's cr@p

why change so much?

should have just played rochina or king.

change of system during a period like xmas?

He should have started King and Rochina, Weds were lacking confidence after recent results, they would

have probably cracked early with those two going at them from the start.

GB needs to be much more positive at home, the fans deserve some positivity.

Seems like the description of us being an average side after the Yeovil game was correct after all.

The mid table position confirms what we are about.

Bowyer has tightened us up no doubt and it needed to be done.

The quality required to maximise Rhodes is currently not there, except maybe intermittently, with Dunny when fitness allows.

Gestede was never the answer. My Cardiff mates told me that at the time when we took him on loan.

Gary that is the missing link but we need more quality than that if we ever hope to challenge this season.

I don't think it necessarily goes against what Rhodes' detractors believe. It's the solution that divides us rather than the problem.

Agreed

Worrying part is bowyer seems to be struggling to find the same solution we all debate to death.

One thing we can all agree on it seems is we/he needs to be more postive at ewood

Sunday just became a huge game

• Backroom

Whilst today is a crappy result there have already been some typically overboard posts. Our home form has been excellent this season so far, and in comparison to previous seasons this is a welcome relief. Our away form is poor but it has been for years and that isn't going to change overnight.

Really, considering the overall quality of the team and the internal strife of the past few seasons I'm very happy to be within touching distance of the playoffs. We're not perfect but we're stable, something we haven't been for years. And some people would clearly be happy for that to all be thrown out the window by sacking Bowyer and allowing the Venky's/Shebby circus to roll back into town.

The trouble is that GB is effectively a caretaker manager. He is cheap and he will not/cannot afford to cross Mrs D and the other Venky loons and I doubt he will get any sizeable compo if he gets pushed.

Can anyone in their right mind see Gary as the bloke to take us up? He is a nice chap, appears to get on with the players but we need someone with tactical nouse rather than the one dimensional crap he promotes.

However will we change him.....no.

Who else do we bring in.....?

What do we have to look forward to......mid table at the very very best.

14,500 Rovers fans max (including ST holders unable to turn up) for a Boxing Day game......very very worrying.

Archived