BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boxing Day, Rovers v Weds, 26th December 2013

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why should I when my opinion is valid. Sheff Wed did not try to waste time and until Williamson was introduced it was clear that they smelt blood.

By the way, they forced 1 save, had 4 shots compared to our 12 and only 1 was on target. They also forced a grand total of 0 corners.

If my opinion backed up by facts makes me a 'know nowt' who types crap I'll stay thick thanks.

In 180 seconds of YouTube highlights it showed Eastwood make 2 first half saves, one from the Inswinging free kick, the other from the header

Read that sentence LD Rover - that's a fact, not an unsubstantiated, inaccurate rant which completely invalidates your own arguments

Try starting from that point sometime and you might avoid making a complete buffoon of yourself

Yep, Eastwood made 2 class saves. Without these we would have been embarrassed.

In 180 seconds of YouTube highlights it showed Eastwood make 2 first half saves, one from the Inswinging free kick, the other from the header

Read that sentence LD Rover - that's a fact, not an unsubstantiated, inaccurate rant which completely invalidates your own arguments

Try starting from that point sometime and you might avoid making a complete buffoon of yourself

Fair play meadows 2 saves rather than 1. I hold my hands up I was wrong.

However, my argument is that Wednesday were never overrunning us and never a real threat. Even with the 1 save I missed the stats are well in our favour. Add to this the timing of the saves - early in the first half and the timing of the second sub - 60 minutes in and maybe you can see the point I'm trying to make. They didn't actually work Eastwood from midway in the 1st half onwards.

The point others are trying to make is that we were penned in and getting battered-this is just opinion which anyone could put forward based on their perception. My perception of how the game was going was different yet I (probably because I'm a buffoon) backed up my viewpoint with relevant stats - one slightly inaccurate but there you go.

In hindsight maybe I shouldn't have been so precious as to rise to drog's bait. So I suppose it's job done drog.

Fair play meadows 2 saves rather than 1. I hold my hands up I was wrong.

However, my argument is that Wednesday were never overrunning us and never a real threat. Even with the 1 save I missed the stats are well in our favour. Add to this the timing of the saves - early in the first half and the timing of the second sub - 60 minutes in and maybe you can see the point I'm trying to make. They didn't actually work Eastwood from midway in the 1st half onwards.

The point others are trying to make is that we were penned in and getting battered-this is just opinion which anyone could put forward based on their perception. My perception of how the game was going was different yet I (probably because I'm a buffoon) backed up my viewpoint with relevant stats - one slightly inaccurate but there you go.

In hindsight maybe I shouldn't have been so precious as to rise to drog's bait. So I suppose it's job done drog.

I didn't put any bait down. You are just trying to divert criticism.

I didn't put any bait down. You are just trying to divert criticism.

Picking out my post among many other similar ones as 'the biggest pile of crap you've read for a long time'. I'd say that's asking for a response wouldn't you??

Hell, there I go again....

• Backroom

So taking into account the latest result was the Sheffield Wednesday draw a good point or a big opportunity missed?

Without seeing the game or anything of it it just seems like a massive momentum stopper and put us on the back foot again like the loss at Wigan

So taking into account the latest result was the Sheffield Wednesday draw a good point or a big opportunity missed?

Without seeing the game or anything of it it just seems like a massive momentum stopper and put us on the back foot again like the loss at Wigan

We wanted 6 points out of them 2 games and it was quite possible. 4 points would have been fair enough, 3 points the bare minimum, but 1 point out of 6 is a big let down and momentum stopper

• Backroom

Did anybody consider it a good point? It was a wasted opportunity, there's no real argument about it and it would have been the case even if we'd beaten Birmingham. The fact we lost that one just makes this result all the more frustrating.

Did anybody consider it a good point? It was a wasted opportunity, there's no real argument about it and it would have been the case even if we'd beaten

Birmingham. The fact we lost that one just makes this result all the more frustrating.

Given the way the match panned out (bad day at the office) I did. New manager bounce or whatever Sheff Wed belied their lowly position. On the other hand yesterdays was a bad result from a much better team performance. Thats football though.

• 2 weeks later...

My boss at work is married to a senior Wednesday employee. He's been involved (ish) in the 1st team set up since Gray has been caretaker.

Their plan was to stifle Rovers and get away with a point which they did because our changes cancelled out our own threat. She even said that her husband had said that they wouldn't score if they'd played until new years day.

They were over the moon with the result, make no mistake about that.

Sheff Wed 6- LUFC 0

It seems many opinons on this thread about Sheff Wed being a walk over were as I pointed out just plain keans. Todays result is proof that some people only watch one team.

Caretaker manager, centre half playing up front, just lost to Bournemouth and Blackpool, we should have beaten them.

Archived